Favorite childhood action figures

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Too young for OG Transformers. It was beast wars transformers for me or Beasties as they were known in canada. Had a good amount of them too and I wish I took better care of them, could have handed them down to my son.
Transformers beastwars are being released again under the kingdom toyline.Most sites are taking preorders for it all ready.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Always loved action man, star wars and Playmobil as a kid

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Transformers beastwars are being released again under the kingdom toyline.Most sites are taking preorders for it all ready.

Im going to have to look into this. I want certain figures from the transmetal era. Ratrap and Megatron were built so well back then.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Im going to have to look into this. I want certain figures from the transmetal era. Ratrap and Megatron were built so well back then.
They're not reissuing the old toys. They are making new versions of SOME characters. Don't get your hopes up for a bunch of Transmetals (although they did do a new Optimal Optimus a while back). And especially don't get your hopes up for any chromed parts.

But if you want the actual original figures, you're going to have to go to ebay or something.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's mostly ones based on the first season.From what i've seen they look good and price wise cheaper then masterpiece.As southtown mention no transmetal,here's a list currently.
Rattrap
Optimus Primal
Predicacon Megatron
Cheetor
Blackarachnia
Dinobot

Last edited:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Even Dinobot and Optimus would be fine. I remember how much high quality they were. And Megatron could squirt water. It would bring me back. Not really about hunting ebay though.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Even Dinobot and Optimus would be fine. I remember how much high quality they were.
Yeah, don't expect that from the new ones. They might have better transformations or maybe better likenesses to the tv characters, but the build quality won't be as good, they'll have a ton of hollow parts, and zero extra features like squirting water or whatever.

Also, if any figures you want do come out, you'll have to be right on top of them when they do, or you'll end up having to go to ebay anyway.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It's mostly ones based on the first season.From what i've seen they look good and price wise cheaper then masterpiece.As southtown mention no transmetal,here's a list currently.
Rattrap
Optimus Primal
Predicacon Megatron
Cheetor
Blackarachnia
Dinobot

No Waspinator? Not interested.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Bismarck from Saber Riders & the Star Sheriffs.

I posted this an action figure thread. Found it couple months ago at my parents house. The ship got lost from the movers & the arm was broken off from an ex-friend.
View attachment 58451

View attachment 58452

Funny, I just watched the Toy Galaxy video on this show. I had no idea it existed. I remember Bravestarr and Galaxy Rangers, but never saw Star Sheriffs.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
This was basically my favorite Thundercat figure and arguably the most expensive Mint on Card.20210205_144311.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'd day Slithe was my favorite toy. I think I mentioned on this forum once before that I glued some orange treasure troll hair on his head to make a Blanka custom, when SF2 first came out in the arcades, because Blanka has a tail, scales, and is obese. Ken (He-man) didn't know how to handle that, so, he started drinking heavily.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
I'd day Slithe was my favorite toy. I think I mentioned on this forum once before that I glued some orange treasure troll hair on his head to make a Blanka custom, when SF2 first came out in the arcades, because Blanka has a tail, scales, and is obese. Ken (He-man) didn't know how to handle that, so, he started drinking heavily.

Haha Slithe, I remember that figure and Grune The Destroyer being heavy enough to knock small children out. I got into a fight at th playground once and launched Slithe at the back of some kids head, and he went down for the count. Dammit LJN made quality toys!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
When I was 6 or 7 I had an action figure called Big Jim, adventurer and muscleman or summat. You could press the back and its arm would swing forward, there also were Big Jim Jeeps and other stuff available. I did not play with it a lot, smurfs were more my thing. :)

I also bought three small Mazinger Z robots when my family and I were on holiday in Spain (Calella, Costa del Maresme) in 1980. Liked them a lot, most parts were diecast. The shop also had a large 50cm all-plastic Mazinger robot that could fire rockets from its hands. I really wanted that one but it would have cost me all my holiday pocket money so I went with the smaller ones instead. Good days.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Although Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was my favourite toy line as a child but I also loved the Terminator 2 figures

229b515ea8e2ac34a1ed2411e8cd97d4.jpg
s-l1600.jpg