Famicom cart storage

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I should add one more caveat that I have. I won't buy anything made of wood, or any type of fabric based item. I'm deathly afraid of bed bugs infesting my house, so I'm leaning more towards plastic things.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I should add one more caveat that I have. I won't buy anything made of wood, or any type of fabric based item. I'm deathly afraid of bed bugs infesting my house, so I'm leaning more towards plastic things.

There's got to be some plastic cassette cases out there you could find, don't know what you'd do for disc games though, maybe find an old floppy disc case, have you checked ebay for stuff like that?

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I have my carts just strewn across my floor.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
There's got to be some plastic cassette cases out there you could find, don't know what you'd do for disc games though, maybe find an old floppy disc case, have you checked ebay for stuff like that?

I had two plastic ones and they just didn't cut it for me. I only need cart storage, as I bought one of those fds sticks.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Famicom carts should be about the same size as Sega for the baseball card box
20160314_193307_zpsphlcqedz.jpg

20160314_193451_zpsjilshuea.jpg

Got to leave some room so you can flip through them and lean them all over to close the box.

Post 1000 gents

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thanks bro. I still want a few more but the games I'm looking for are a little out of my price range.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
il_214x170.875440232_4a3a.jpg

I use one of these they are audio cassete holders, they generally hold 15 Famicom carts/ Master System.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have this cassette holder from Muji:

BU9nKD0.jpg

I bought just one, I needed more, but then they discontinued the product, so then I bought these boxes from IKEA:

tjena-box-with-lid-green__0321618_PE515927_S4.JPG

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I keep loose carts in zip-lock bags, and the lot of them in plastic storage tubs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Anything case logic is good. I used to do it with my Genesis loose carts. A small case logic carry on case can hold up to 60 carts, that's more than enough Famicom to have a ball with.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
My main storage is loaner faux wood cassette holders. They are pretty convenient as you can store between a wall and couch/cabinet easily or also affix to the wall. I also try to buy the cassette 'briefcase' when they're available. My favorite right now fits about 4 columns by 10 rows. On the inside of the front side you can also store your 12 favorite games that face directly a la:

I also like the rolling carts you can get with 3-4 drawers for bulk storage that I don't play often...

If you're looking into other storage options, I really liked this older blog entry:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.ca/2010/11/famicom-cart-storage-my-long-nightmare.html

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My main storage is loaner faux wood cassette holders. They are pretty convenient as you can store between a wall and couch/cabinet easily or also affix to the wall. I also try to buy the cassette 'briefcase' when they're available. My favorite right now fits about 4 columns by 10 rows. On the inside of the front side you can also store your 12 favorite games that face directly a la:

I also like the rolling carts you can get with 3-4 drawers for bulk storage that I don't play often...

If you're looking into other storage options, I really liked this older blog entry:

http://famicomblog.blogspot.ca/2010/11/famicom-cart-storage-my-long-nightmare.html

Yeah I saw those dish racks...doesn't look too bad. You got some good taste in games too man.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I see that Gold punch out cart. That's on my want list.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Yeah I saw those dish racks...doesn't look too bad. You got some good taste in games too man.
Thanks.

I tried mixing some favorite carts and also recent purchases prior to the pic. It's hard when you like older Namco/Jaleco titles, they truly are the awkward double CD cases of the Famicom era.

Sometimes when I import FC/SFC stuffs you see a lot of marking and names left on the cart in marker. I always wonder if the person who owned it previously regrets letting it go. :keke:

Koop

n00b
I just have mine in 2x large USPS boxes :lolz:

This is exactly what I'm doing- but it really is starting to be a real pain in the ass to dig through my boxes just to find what I want to play.

I'd really like to find a convenient way to have em in my bookcase and be able to pick games easily. But I guess to do that I'd need something dumb like universal cases... Too expensive imo.

You guys have some really nice ideas with the cassette holders. I'm going to have to investigate that route further.