Fake The King of Fighters 2000 AES US? Fake Double Dragon AES US?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
So here's what happened. Christy and Diane bought a case or two of JP copies of KOF 2K. They spilled em out on the Neo Geo world bathroom mat and proceeded to peel off all labels and toss manuals and inserts. They fired up Microsoft paint and made their own shoddy inserts manuals etc using copied artwork. Christy then roller skated down to kinkos with CDr in hand and placed an order. The 15 year old clerk called when order was done. They assembled the "us" copies and sold them all to makismo.

A few years later snkpeanuts gives in and declares them legit.

Christy spends the remainder of her days reminding us.

Her epitaph will read:

"KOF 2K US was official. I swear. SNKP said so. Nahnee Nahnee boo boo!"

The story you just read is true, the names were changed to protect the innoc . . . er forget that last part.

dragnet12.jpg

Last edited:

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hello,
I think these are the same guy who did all these jobs ( Big tournament golf, Blazing Star, Metal Slug 1) in japan format also did things with US releases.

I know personaly by some members that there ARE fake MEtal Slug 2 US, and they are sold as real by stores which are VERY KNOWN. Please try to find back the thread of the collector Wolf, who bought 2 METAL SLUG 2 US, and one was not legit.
It's pretty easy to see when you have legit/fake comparision. One is vector, the other one is high end raster quality.
All best.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
It's pretty easy to see when you have legit/fake comparision. One is vector, the other one is high end raster quality.
All best.
Hi Mathieu, that's the main problem: while it's easy to spot what's legit and what's not when you can compare with stuff in your hands, most of the new collectors don't have access to rare games to have a face to face comparison (especially with US ones)..

It's hard to tell from pics and, since almost every purchase is made online, or the seller is definitely trust-worthy or it's a clear risk to buy rare carts in these days :annoyed:

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
If you're going to buy an expensive AES game, then only do it with someone you trust. Kind of like having sex :) There are some games where I have paid more for them than the market value because I was buying them from a trustworthy source and not having to second guess my purchase was worth the extra cost to me.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
There are some games where I have paid more for them than the market value because I was buying them from a trustworthy source and not having to second guess my purchase was worth the extra cost to me.
Wise move ;)

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
My Metal Slug, Ninja master, Double Dragon... etc bought from my old friend (Mr. Anuwat who is very popular in English AES Thailand) who bought since it was release first date and condition 's not mint but it's very surely that it'snot fake. I don't want to buy mint cart from outside country which I don't know the cart I get will be fake or not :)

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
Brandi,
I let you see the topic of Wolf. Everything which is not VECTOR is very easy to see.
The only way is to get them from trustworthy sellers.
ONE CLUE for buying from french : NEVER TRUST ANY SHOP, SOME ARE PART OF THE COUNTERFEIT BUSINESS.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
I have two copies of KOF2K, both are identical in every way, except for the NGF stamp. One copy of known provenance and one without. The inserts are offset printed, so there will be a negligible amount of variation between copies. If you have a KOF2K that is at all fuzzy or with differing colors, it is a forgery.

I've seen games that you would not want to counterfeit with slightly off printing, but everything is still sharp. The different colors just might not line up perfectly at sharp edges. You also might see some differences at the border where the insert was cut from the printed sheet, but usually it's an almost immeasurable fraction of an inch.

And for what it's worth, I would like to publicly state that I have no stance on the authenticity of US KOF2K. I own the game for my own entertainment, as perverse as that might seem. :)

Edit: In the name of full disclosure, I have only done business with NGF once and that was for an (unfortunately) freaked Magician Lord which was documented here upon arrival.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Here's Dion advice about how to spot fake KoF2K US manuals:

"The bottom of the manual has small micro printing that will not be able to be copied.

"PRESS 1P OR 2P START" is micro printed on every right manual page. Can only be seen with strong glasses or magnifying glass.

It is on every page on the inside of the manual starting at GAME RULES to the last character move page.

It is on the 12 right pages. Starting at GAME RULES (page 7) and ending on page 29 (Kula).

All you need to do is look for the micro printing on the manual pages. Look also for the NGF distributor sticker and stamp.
"

Last edited:

ahans76

"I have delt with both Cris and Dion before when i
I have two copies of kof 2000 english. And i know that both are real and they both do not have the "stamp". How do i know? Well my first copy is Chris's personal copy that i bought from him a few years ago and the stamp is not on it anywhere. But the micro printing is there in both manuals and the ngf sticker is on the cart. i compared both copies side buy side and they are a perfect match. So not all games like wolf and myself said do not have the Stamp.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Who cares, tell us more about your sealed PS2 collection.

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
List of proven fake games :
Metal Slug 1 JPN : FAKE
Twinkle Star Sprites : FAKE
PULSTAR : FAKE
Metal Slug 2 US : FAKE
Quizz Chibi Maruko Chan : FAKE
DOUBLE DRAGON US : FAKE
BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF : FAKE
KOF2000 US : FAKE

If you have a doubt, and if seller is not well known, FORGET ABOUT IT. These people deserve the court, and big amount of money penalties for theft, breaking copyright etc.

Last edited:

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This whole fake/bootleg french scene is truly disgusting :annoyed::very_ang:

brandi, you yelled like a pig when i sold my Quizz Chibi on the forum. As a result, the buyer had the cart opened and verified it was an original snk hardware, but the cart was damaged during operation. That's no more of my business since i had money for it -and i personaly never had any doubt about its authenticity- but i must note that you're always around when it's about defame people, especially french. And now you're still there babbling around about people you don't know. But maybe you think having money for buying rare games makes you superior enough to judge anyone? Fucking retard.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
In his defense it seems the recent majority of fakes and bootlegs are coming out of France, and conversions from Spain to a lesser extent. Even Waku7 who is from France put up a warning about dealing with French resellers of homecarts.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
In his defense it seems the recent majority of fakes and bootlegs are coming out of France, and conversions from Spain to a lesser extent. Even Waku7 who is from France put up a warning about dealing with French resellers of homecarts.

I don't mind hearing this from anyone but brandi simply gets on my nerves...

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't mind hearing this from anyone but brandi simply gets on my nerves...

I am sure we have been here before, have we not... :scratch:

Lets just put this to bed once and for all... the facts:

1. Fakes are being made all over the world, even Japan has seen an increase in fakes recently.

2. Alot of fakes do appear to be done in France and Spain.

3. Not all French Neo gamers are making/selling fakes... most of them are decent guys who just like the Neo.

4. No-one is aware of every slight revision of artwork that SNK might have released with the games. Comparing the quality of print seems to be the only definitive way to spot a fake.

So please lets not have a Brandi vs Blondin war again... it is Christmas. :buttrock: Although it was quite good to watch as a neutral, so knock yourselves out...:D

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
brandi, you yelled like a pig when i sold my Quizz Chibi on the forum. As a result, the buyer had the cart opened and verified it was an original snk hardware..
Yeah sure.. original snk MVS hardware

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Hey Hey, be calm, don't forget that most of your fucking euro AES games are coming from FRANCE, and PARIS in paticular.
All the SS4, AOF3, RB2 US, etc etc. Where do the Shawn's MEtal slug 1 US come from ? Hue?? Adol, Nicozzzz, and others gave tons of games back in the dayz.
easy right now..

tarba

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
It would be actually nice to have a database with scan of AES boards such as the one for the MVS.
To some extent, could be of use. Is not going to be an unconfutable proof, but it could help out.
Unfortunately there's always to consider the fact that there are more than just one revision of a game. For example I recently opened 2 kof95, and none of them had the same chips as the 4 different sets available on the MVS database.
My AES Twinkle (the only rare enough game I have at the moment with me) inside has a few different chips when compared to the MVS set from the database.

Spot a real and genuine game from a fake is really difficult nowadays, especially if you don't have something to compare it to.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
I just see Wolf MS2 real and fake, it's very hard to see if you don't have real cart :(

In my opinion, "checking cart association" should have power for checking more and more when big deal of selling happens :)