Fake The King of Fighters 2000 AES US? Fake Double Dragon AES US?

grigri

n00b
Hello everyone,

I guess it's the right section, I could not find any existing topic so I created a new one. Please tell me if my questions have already been answered.

I live in Paris, France.
Beginning of this year I bought those two games to a pretty dodgy French guy living in Paris too.
He is now known as con artist but he also made some real fair deals.

Anyway.

When I purchased the games, I paid attention to every detail and I heard of some weird stories he was involved into afterwards.

I recently compared my KOF 00 game to another owner's, that was bought in 2001.

Even if my copy is magnificent when looked at alone, close to the one bought in 2001, you can easily seen some clear differences on the colors, the small letters and so on. The one bought in 2001 is much more beautiful.

I don't have any good camera to take some high-def pics, however:

- both games have a sticker on the left on the cart where it's written: "Distributed by NGF-USA www. NGF USA .com www.Neo Geo Freak . com" (with no space)
- my game has a black stamp behind the insert where it's written the same thing, the one purchased in 2001 does not.
- on the first page of the English page of the Epilepsy Warning, the last line in my manual is:"CONSOLE or games with your projection television.", the last word is in the middle of the page whereas in the one purchased in 2001, it's at the end of the page.

Could people who own or have owned this game give any relevant details about this game/my concerns?

I was told that the chaotic release of this game had produced only 100 copies. Is it a rumor or a proven fact? No other release has been made?

Are all the copies of this release 100% identical with same quality?

I was told that not every AES US KOF 00 game as the black stamp behind the insert, could anyone confirm ?

Regarding the Double Dragon copy, I could not compare it with any other game. It's not mint. The insert and the sticker seem ok, however some letters on the back of the manual seem a bit blur whereas some other don't. There are some other small flaws as well.

I may have become paranoid with all the recently fake games you can find on the Internet however many events justify it.

Has anybody heard of some really well made fake AES US KOF 00 or DD ?

Thank you very much for your help.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The Double Dragon AES doesn't sound too bad, probably legit...

KOF 2K US however, is a NGF release. The fiasco is well discussed around these parts. I don't think SNK ever officially released KOF 2K in the US... Only NGF copies are floating around. Technically there's only 100, but they aren't considered valuable or collectible because most consider it an un-official release... In otherwords, a bootleg. :p

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Regarding the Double Dragon copy, I could not compare it with any other game. It's not mint. The insert and the sticker seem ok, however some letters on the back of the manual seem a bit blur whereas some other don't. There are some other small flaws as well.

I couldn't vouch for the authenticity of DD without hopening the cart up and looking, but I wouldn't worry too much about flaws in the manual. As a professional printer myself, I often LOL at the crappy quality control I see in SNK manuals since the things were so expensive back in the day. I could never get away with such sloppiness at my print shop.

grigri

n00b
Thank you both of you for your replies.

It's true that SNK is pretty bad with printing and typos and some 30 USD AES US games seem sometimes fake, the stickers are a bit blur and so on...

I'm gonna try to check with some other people who had deals with him.

Regarding KOF 00, no other opinion?

I know there must be several people owning the game on this forum...

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
- both games have a sticker on the left on the cart where it's written: "Distributed by NGF-USA www. NGF USA .com www.Neo Geo Freak . com" (with no space)
- my game has a black stamp behind the insert where it's written the same thing, the one purchased in 2001 does not.
- on the first page of the English page of the Epilepsy Warning, the last line in my manual is:"CONSOLE or games with your projection television.", the last word is in the middle of the page whereas in the one purchased in 2001, it's at the end of the page.
Hello i have a copy bought back then and i can tell you that mine is stamped on the back of the insert and the word "television" is at the end of the page and not in the middle

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
About DD, my copy has the writings in the back of the manual smooth and all alike: no blur letters here.

Last edited:

grigri

n00b
Thanks a lot for your replies.

No, I did not buy that DD.

I really feel like there've been several releases of KOF 00...

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
this may turn into a major con , you may not be the only victim in here

i do have a very important info about the seller , let me check something first

& i'll share it soon with you guys .

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I live in Paris, France.
Beginning of this year I bought those two games to a pretty dodgy French guy living in Paris too.
He is now known as con artist but he also made some real fair deals.

So you knew he was a con artist when you bought the games?

Also, don't worry too much about the NGF game. Even if it turns out to be a reproduction, bootlegging a bootleg would still result in a bootleg. So no loss there.

Last edited:

grigri

n00b
Of course not.

I knew he was acting really weirdly every time I met him. I had bought him an AES US MS4 + classic insert years before. Everything was fine.
I bought the 2 games this year (KOF00 and DD) and then I started to learn about really suspicious actions and I'm still discovering things...

Today I compared my KOF 00 to another original copy. Same differences as the previous ones, everything is better than my copy.

However that original copy has a black stamp on the back on the insert whereas the other game I compared my game to DOES NOT.

So, this story about that a unique release with 100 copies identical is a lie.

You may have seen Dion page on FB talking about the subject. I don't trust that guy either.

I still need to compare my 2 games with some other guys I know who bought him the exact same games this year.

In total, this year, that con artist sold at least 3 DD and 3 KOF 00. Plus I know for sure that he bought a Japanese version of the game DD. He asked the seller to open the cart so he could see the PCB (he did not know how to open a cart) and he asks the seller not to close the cart. The game was in poor condition and he only cared about the PCB...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
This French bootlegger is also on these boards? Nickname? He also has an eBay account?

Given his habit every info is precious: please share...

grigri

n00b
I sent a mail to Shawn and FTL/Simone about the policy on this forum regarding giving names etc.

I received no answer.

On this board, he's known as Neo Satellite. On French forums, he's known as Reyko or Ralf Jones. He has a eBay account I think but I don't know the nickname.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I sent a mail to Shawn and FTL/Simone about the policy on this forum regarding giving names etc.

I received no answer.

On this board, he's known as Neo Satellite. On French forums, he's known as Reyko or Ralf Jones. He has a eBay account I think but I don't know the nickname.
I see: you should really post a topic in the feedback forum about this guy to warn everyone here to not buying stuff from him

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Taking care of the matter...

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
This thread was copied to GD and selling forums. be sure to check replies there.