Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp all down

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Been down since about noon and they're working to fix it. Their stock is down too, over the whistleblower. Probably related.

Sure, I could look at funny cat pictures on Google too, but, it's not the same. I mostly do stupid shit on there, but, my employer and co-workers routinely post work notices in our private FB group too.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Since all my family is in Europe, Facebook makes it easier to stay in touch.

If it wasn't for that, being down wouldn't be a big deal.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
How will Rot and Tak stay in touch with each other now?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
FB is back up and okay, probably Instagram and WhatsApp too, but, I don't use those latter two.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Time to start using ICQ again?

My ICQ number used to below my avatar in the old days. Haven’t thought about it in forever. One of the casualties of the migration(s).

That was the bleeding edge, back when beer-bellied sharecroppers were on LiveJournal.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You right.

Who uses WhatsApp? Children?
I do for family chats and sharing of music/ideas for my jam buddies. I find it better to use for video because iPhone video always gets garbled if it's not being sent to another iPhone. Android 4 life son.

Wife uses it for the same and to talk to her church buddies.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You video chat? You Heathen.
No, I mean we send videos. Like an idea for a tune or whatever, and we send it that way so the other can see how we're playing it. Not a fan of actual video chat unless its with my nephew because he's 4 and completely insane.

WhatsApp was good until Facebook made their ultimatum on it. I transitioned off WA to Telegram since that.

I have no idea what children use, and I am ok with that.
What ultimatim was that?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No, I mean we send videos. Like an idea for a tune or whatever, and we send it that way so the other can see how we're playing it. Not a fan of actual video chat unless its with my nephew because he's 4 and completely insane.

What ultimatim was that?
Something about sharing data across their products, mainly to allow Facebook access to your WhatsApp data. If you refuse to opt in, you won’t be able to continue to use all the features, like outgoing calling. I signed onto WhatsApp to avoid stuff like that, so it’s Telegram for me now.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Wonder how many people had mental breakdowns with them being offline.

News anchor huy on a news report was cucking like a duck "My hands are shaky and I cant keep them still since social media has been down" I starting LMAO'ing grown man sitting there like rubbing his hands like a addict.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I will admit I pulled my phone out a couple times and opened FB and IG here and there because I would forget lol. But it wasn't like my whole world died. I just didn't like not being able to send my family chats stupid pictures and getting random strings of text from my nephew through whats app.

Evidently twitter was the stalwart. I use it, albeit not much.