exA-Arcadia

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I've been following the hinting and finally unveiling of this new arcade platform for a while. This thread over at Arcade Heroes can help you catch up, if you haven't.

The net is that this is as close to a 21st Century MVS as we're likely to get.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
It's hilarious to see "special edition" arcade hardware, but I'm sure someone will hang it on their wall instead of in a cab. Strania is cool game at least.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Well you have to wonder what percentage of Cave PCBs were brought by collectors versus actual arcades...

As for the Exa it sounds interesting, looking forward to more information and availability.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Yeah I know, I lust like poking fun at it. ;)

I think it's awesome that there's an arcade version of stuff like Danmaku Unlimited 3, Strania, Hydorah, Blazing Chrome, etc, even if it's something I'm not really in the market for. Infinios Exa looks like something I'd play as well.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I can't wait to play arcade ports of budget console games.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
So.... It's a PC then... ok.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
So.... It's a PC then... ok.
Essentially everything has been a PC for quite a while in terms of architecture (X64), except the Switch, which is a mobile. Those are really the only two viable architectures left.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The Taito Type X systems are the same, basically a PC, but that doesn't mean they don't have good games.

I've been interested in the Exa since it was announced with Aka to Blue. A lot of the games look like fun, and a healthy shooter catalogue is appreciated.

Don't think I'll be shelling out $2k for one though when most games can be bought on other platforms for about $10. If I saw one on location I'd definitely spend a few bucks though.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Essentially everything has been a PC for quite a while in terms of architecture (X64), except the Switch, which is a mobile. Those are really the only two viable architectures left.

Nah. Xbox OG was a Pentium III PC. PS2 and GC were not. PS3 wasn't. 360 and Wii were essentially PPC Macs, not PCs. Wii U is a weird configuration but uses PPC as well.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
More people being able to play Fallen Angels on an arcade cab with the missing characters added sounds like a winner to me. Now I don't feel so bad about selling my PCB years ago.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member

I realize that. x86 realized IBM/Apple/Motorolla plan of the Common Hardware Reference Platform (CHRP). Funny that it took their competitor to make it actually happen.

So, what's the point of parroting this thing out if it's yet another x86 PC? The fancy case? The special enclosures for the USB sticks that make it look like a cartridge?

I don't get it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nothing will ever be like the Neo-Geo.