Evo 2007, East, West, and North

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Bobak said:
One day one of these tourneys will have the nuts to host a Magical Drop III round, then all the unbelievers will drown in pools of blood.

I'm still wondering why NG.com doesn't do their own tournament? The fanbase is here as well as all of the games one could ever want to use. Where's the Neo Shodown when you need it?

VinylBoy

jeff bogard said:
Because 7 years ago this happened:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132163

And it kinda hit everybody at the same time that people here have super busy schedules. (at least that's what i can gather)...

I remember this... it was hard for anyone to attend that tourney. And a lot of people were rather skeptical about the person who was throwing it. But somehow this failed attempt at a tournament scared everyone from trying it again for 7 years?

Even something like Evo didn't take off immediately. It took them a few years to get people to take it seriously. All I know is that the resources to do a good tournament are all here on this board. And it's a shame that we can't gather enough people to make it happen.

VinylBoy

YO-YO-Boy said:
what happened at that tourney?:conf:

Read the link that was posted by jeff bogard.
Very few people went, as there was skepticism towards the person who was running things. It also came at a time when MANY people were busy and couldn't attend.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
shit,im not gonna read 8pages just give me a simply 2 sentance summary,fuck:annoyed:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the 1st post sums it up, since it's in the best of threads forum.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
One day one of these tourneys will have the nuts to host a Magical Drop III round, then all the unbelievers will drown in pools of blood.

Better hope it stays regional.... I know some eastcoasters who would give you a run.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
I'm going to make the 3 hour trip to austin :buttrock:

is this the frist year for an evo south??

good lucky everyone whos going to any of the evos

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
you might as well stay where you are @. They have TXShowdown that same weekend. And I believe theyll have japanese players, and maybe some SBO qualifiers (though, i can't confirm anything on that).

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
jeff bogard said:
you might as well stay where you are @. They have TXShowdown that same weekend. And I believe theyll have japanese players, and maybe some SBO qualifiers (though, i can't confirm anything on that).

are you sure? damn what to do, what to do :crying: need to look up the info

Sepeh

Crossed Swords Squire
It's a long trip from here to USA, but it sounds really interesting.

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
SNK Fighting games will be represented in FULL EFFING FORCE this year...thanx to DARK GEESE from the SRK Forums...seriously, he has a vision

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
I wasn't in the competition, but wandered around the room where EVO South was being held. It was kinda lame.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Since I live in Vegas, I WILL F*** ALL OF YOUR COLLECTIVE SHIT UP at the world tourney.

The Neo*Geo will be well-represented this year. Last year Hanabako prototype #1 made it debut, hanabako protype #2 (incomplete) is currently sitting on my front porch.

You f***ers better be ready.