European MVS Owners

I thought I might as well start a thread for us European MVS owners....

Where do you guys get your MVS boards from? I am tired of buying from USA/Japan/HK due to the high shipping rates involved.

Do you know where to buy MVS games online in Europe? Though....I tend to avoid UK sellers due to their inflated prices!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Hi from Newcastle, although I reside in Barcelona normally.

Well, at first I got most MVS games from USA... It was still cheaper than getting them from France, UK or Germany, really expensive prices. Then I also discovered some people in Barcelona who had deals with local arcade distributors or small arcade saloons, so they got some MVS games at fair prices, and no shipping!. In any case I also suggest cosmicco in HK, shipping and paying costs are high but their prices are unbeatable in a lot of recent games. And the $ is so fucking weak against the € that it mades worth it...

Hi, yup I do get stuff from Cosmicco. They are great although paying them is expensive (wire transfer/western union). Sometimes there carts, although working, come in a really bad shape.

Anyway... I was thinking of putting up a website for us European folks, obviously not a replacement for neo-geo.com, but a small niche for us to get together... let me know what you think! (dont say no :D )

This is what I might put in the website:

News, forums, links, collection photos etc... (give me ideas!)

- Nostromo

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Nostromo:
Hi, yup I do get stuff from Cosmicco. They are great although paying them is expensive (wire transfer/western union). Sometimes there carts, although working, come in a really bad shape.

Anyway... I was thinking of putting up a website for us European folks, obviously not a replacement for neo-geo.com, but a small niche for us to get together... let me know what you think! (dont say no :D )
This is what I might put in the website:
News, forums, links, collection photos etc... (give me ideas!)
- Nostromo
I`ll definately say yes, especially if it would invole some good info about sellers, buyers etc. I think everybody will be interested in good addresses for games boards or whatever neo resources we might need:)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
During my quest for a spare part for my Wonder Boy pcb, I got in touch with a lot of small coin-op resellers and maintenance companies. None of them had the chip I needed, but almost all of them had a bunch of MVS carts and even a couple of MVS boards for sale. Prices were very reasonable, most games made before 92 or 93 could be had for less than $10, one of them even sold a Strikers cart in good condition for $20. So, make sure to check out your local coin-op companies as well.

Nostromo, if you'd open an Euro Neo site, I'd be all for it.

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You can better watch ebay.be, ebay.nl and ebay.de for mvs games for good prices

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
if you want games, eBay is the place, most english speakers won't bother with french/german/spanish sellers due to communication problems.

there are lots of UK places I know, but you don't want to pay UK prices.

the neogamers.fr site looked ok.