"Ed Boon Menu" found in MK1/MK2/MK3 20+ years after release

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Credit to this guy, even if he's been quite of a long winded wanker:

facebook link, and yeah i know its lame but you dont need an account at least

Ok friends, here's the info and the video...(all credit goes to ZPaul2Fresh8 for discovering these)...

The code is P1 Block (x times) then P2 Block (x times) then P1 Block (x times) etc...

MK1...

P1 (5), P2 (10), P1 (2), P2 (1), P1 (2), P2 (3), P1 (4)

MK2...

P1 (5), P2 (10), P1 (2), P2 (8), P1 (2)

MK3/UMK3...

P1 (5), P2 (10), P1 (3), P2 (1), P1 (2), P2 (2), P1 (3), P2 (4)

Im kinda pissed that the guy doesn't show the hello sub menu, It sounded like the most interesting option. Still, its pretty amazing that it was never discovered people.

I can only imagine how chaotic the discovery of the code would have been back in the days with the volume option being available in MK2/MK3 without having to reach the service button.. Those mk cabs can get LOUD

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Makes me wonder what other secrets have yet to be discovered.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I remember when MK3 came out and in an article he said there was so much hidden shit that he would be surprised if they're never all uncovered.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I always think its neat when someone discovers new secrets/cheats for vintage games like this.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
And in a flash anyone with MK on location still just lost its whole $1.00 a month income.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome. I like long lived secrets. It's kind of like the narpassword in Metroid. It took over 20 years for it to surface and only because the creator told the public about it.

Last edited:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
And in a flash anyone with MK on location still just lost its whole $1.00 a month income.

Maybe not, they might get $1.50 now that someone might even bother to come look at it and throw in a few sympathy rounds.

Randomsense

New Challenger
Im kinda pissed that the guy doesn't show the hello sub menu, It sounded like the most interesting option.

Actually he does go into the Hello menu when he tries it on MK2 - around the 6:41 mark.
Its basically just a list of names.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I'm having terrible luck getting these working normally, so I tried macro stuff for use with MAME, and MAME doesn't seem to like macros. I tried setting up macros through my Sidewinder X4 macro keys and through Xpadder, but nothing's taking as long as I go through the keyboard. Can I set up gamepad button presses through Xpadder then map those buttons in MAME? I can't try that right now, almost wrestling.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wonder if this will work on the emulation for Midway Arcade Classics 2 on PS2.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wonder if this will work on the emulation for Midway Arcade Classics 2 on PS2.

I tried the codes on the MK Arcade Collection on PS3 and they worked. Maybe they work on the Midway Collections as well.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I tried the codes on the MK Arcade Collection on PS3 and they worked. Maybe they work on the Midway Collections as well.

Sweet I'll try them.

Qcf+lp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Saw that, it's amazing that no one had found that all this time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The he's gay is not but as to why?...maybe at less the summarize version is; "Because he was molested by his uncle fucker as a child and asked for seconds"

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Credit to this guy, even if he's been quite of a long winded wanker:

facebook link, and yeah i know its lame but you dont need an account at least

Im kinda pissed that the guy doesn't show the hello sub menu, It sounded like the most interesting option. Still, its pretty amazing that it was never discovered people.

I can only imagine how chaotic the discovery of the code would have been back in the days with the volume option being available in MK2/MK3 without having to reach the service button.. Those mk cabs can get LOUD
So, what can you do with this code? Does the "Hello" sub-menu have more options?
Wher do you enter the code- at the intial "Mortal Kombat" title screen? I guess that could mean the machine can't earn any money, if you can enter a code to get to the machine's internal option menu.

Last edited: