Ecig and Vaping Drama

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
On social media and the various news outlets have been going on about this. It's legit. I tried it and made sure to get decent liquid but didn't care for it.

My nephew who is 16 and I've never seen smoke anything or vape. Shit the most I've seen him do is drink a wine cooler on vacation is in the ICU and apparently he has been secretly vaping and his lungs are filled with fluid and his liver and kidneys are fucked from a lack of oxygen and chemicals from these mass produced disposable ecigs.

Just a heads up. That shit will kill you.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Damn dude. That's nuts. I'm glad I never got hooked on smoking and never took up vaping. I've definitely tried some friends vape things but couldnt get past how stupid people look sucking on a robot cock blowing clouds of steam all the time.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I spent like 5 minutes looking for an old wasabi post about vaping (he said something a few years ago like, 'there aren't long term studies on the impact of vaping' and here we are), but I couldn't find it, so here's a lithy post dated nearly five years ago to the day, September 27, 2014:

lithy said:
In any case, this is what prohibition breeds. Make cigarettes expensive enough or make it a total pain in the ass to smoke without someone hovering over your shoulder giving you the passive agressive 'cough cough' and people will resort to inhaling water vapor (and ethylene glycol) laced with nicotine.

The joke here is that people pushed for so long to get people to stop smoking. They have, but this faux-smoking is still too much for busy bodies to handle.

So more than anything, I would strongly advise [against - sic] jumping into a vape business anytime soon because major statist assholes will soon be bringing the leverage of government 'regulation' down on this shit. The potential gain is not worth the risk of suddenly not being able to open up shop one day because of some sad mom that had a son that drank a bottle of nicotine liquid and how if this legislation saves even one life, "his will have meant something".

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254158-e-cigarettes/page2

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Most people here only smoke cock anyway.
Inhaling chemcials is bad for you? Who would've thought!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Dont think its a massive shock to anyone with any quantity of common sense.
I never got smoking, Never tried never want to.

When I was a teen and it was (I believe) £5 a box I just thought I would rather buy something else.
At the time probably a couple of pints if I am honest.
And now I believe they are considerably more??

Just never understood why people would want to inhale the smoke of burning shit.

Vaping is no different really, Still just another way to make money off getting people hooked to addictive shite.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm kinda surprised titch never had the urge to smoke a fag tbh

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Sorry to hear terry.

It is now on a 4 month ban in my State and I am directly involved as an active enforcer in my line of work.

The issue now is the FDA has dropped the ball for over 10yrs on the matter with no regulatory. Anyone can order 55g drums of Glycerin and nicotine from China claiming to be Food Grade or Medical grade and mix it in a basement and sell. With the rise of THC vapes in the last few years, its even worse. As the bootleg market has no control over purity like a lab.

I was a 20yr smoker, quit and moved to vaping after years of research and demanded where my liquids were sourced from real US controlled labs for purity and how they were measured. I didn't vape like a madman. Reduced my nicotine to zero and then kicked it for good.

The youth epidemic is a huge issue, period. If they can't get it from legit sources, they are grabbing uncontrolled stuff to hide it from others as there is less risk of getting caught. It doesn't help as big tobacco has bought everything up in the legal market either and advertising it to target kids.

The other thing that heavily disturbed me was parents literally buying shit like 50mg Juul cartridges for their kids, thinking that high doses of nicotine was safe? Bullshit, you just got your kid hooked hard to it.

Everything right now is pointing towards the bootleg market and impurities due to no control and causing short term effects over long term. Long term affects takes years and years to study, literally decades. This doesn't help with the addition of bootleg THC on the market. Dealers torching down pot in their home have zero control to measure strength and potency. On top of this, cutting it with cheap impure delivery glycerins.

Also why the fools that claim THC is not possible to OD on or ignorance that allergies of all types of things are now affecting many ppl are just plain arrogant. It always takes deaths to wake ppl up...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
this was inevitable. It's not regulated by anyone. I've seen vaping enthusiasts mixing chemicals together based on word of mouth.
Might as well be vaping brake fluid at that point.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear terry.

It is now on a 4 month ban in my State and I am directly involved as an active enforcer in my line of work.

The issue now is the FDA has dropped the ball for over 10yrs on the matter with no regulatory. Anyone can order 55g drums of Glycerin and nicotine from China claiming to be Food Grade or Medical grade and mix it in a basement and sell. With the rise of THC vapes in the last few years, its even worse. As the bootleg market has no control over purity like a lab.

I was a 20yr smoker, quit and moved to vaping after years of research and demanded where my liquids were sourced from real US controlled labs for purity and how they were measured. I didn't vape like a madman. Reduced my nicotine to zero and then kicked it for good.

The youth epidemic is a huge issue, period. If they can't get it from legit sources, they are grabbing uncontrolled stuff to hide it from others as there is less risk of getting caught. It doesn't help as big tobacco has bought everything up in the legal market either and advertising it to target kids.

The other thing that heavily disturbed me was parents literally buying shit like 50mg Juul cartridges for their kids, thinking that high doses of nicotine was safe? Bullshit, you just got your kid hooked hard to it.

Everything right now is pointing towards the bootleg market and impurities due to no control and causing short term effects over long term. Long term affects takes years and years to study, literally decades. This doesn't help with the addition of bootleg THC on the market. Dealers torching down pot in their home have zero control to measure strength and potency. On top of this, cutting it with cheap impure delivery glycerins.

Also why the fools that claim THC is not possible to OD on or ignorance that allergies of all types of things are now affecting many ppl are just plain arrogant. It always takes deaths to wake ppl up...

I still smoke regular cigs. Which is obviously dumb. I tried vaping and always knew where my oils came from etc. I just didn't care for it.

My nephew was secretly vaping chinese garbage like a madman just sitting in his room playing games for hours on end. They had to drain his lungs and his kidneys and liver are fucked but not long term. But he's permanently on and inhaler to help with oxygen absortion.

Recently did a photo shoot at my studio with some women that were all around 20 and every single one of them were smoking Juuls constantly. The level of nicotine in a single hit of one of those is equal to an entire cigarette. I told them that and they all just rolled their eyes.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'm glad they didn't have this nonsense when I was school age. I had a brief relapse of smoking cigarettes as an adult and I didn't care for it. Someone came up to me once and asked me to try some diesel vape cartridge like I was behind the times. Tasted weird and knocked me on my ass like I just inhaled a whole hookah's worth in one go. I definitely preferred actual tobacco smoke for my self destructive behavior. The fire & smoke were all part of it as dirty as it is

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I probably said something similar about marijuana decriminalization being a bad move as it allows people to replace cigs with weed, but not sure about previous comments on vaping.

A couple of things though
To people who say it’s not the job of the state to regulate people, but rather parents not doing their jobs

Parents didn’t have the data and companies like juul have aggressively marketed to children and smokers seeking a healthier path. Juul has profited off the ignorance that it has also created with bad data and obfuscation. I would arrest everyone at Juul and put them in jail. Everyone.

Everyone.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Two totally unsurprising outcomes from this 'epidemic'. And this is not to diminish the terrible outcome for your nephew Terry, hopefully his health improces. I only really want to talk in context about the larger issue.

The first is that it seems more and more likely that the lung damage has stemmed from contaminated THC vape liquid which (and please correct me if I am wrong) is all still illegal, so generally the line between real and 'bootleg' is blurred and the consumer suffers once again from prohibition.

The second is that while scary please remember how statistics work...a dozen deaths and a few hundred hospitalizations is enough to get people all freaked out in a country of 300+M people.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The first is that it seems more and more likely that the lung damage has stemmed from contaminated THC vape liquid which (and please correct me if I am wrong) is all still illegal,

Doesn’t it seem a little too convenient for Juul and ecig peddlers for the culprit to be marijuana? It’s a weird whataboutism which tries to shift attention away from scientific research linking vaping to COPD. https://www.webmd.com/lung/copd/news/20180814/study-vaping-may-shut-off-lungs-protective-cells
Here is the research journal it references
https://thorax.bmj.com/search/Vaping jcode:thoraxjnl

Part of me doesn’t care what people do in the privacy of their home. Part hates smelling the shit people exhale in the street and release from the carriages of their cars while I’m sitting in traffic. But the most worrying issue for me is that the population is denied the honest data, and that we are being told things that should not be legally told, such as vaping as a safer alternatively smoking - that can’t be established with the publicly known data set. It’s the Wild West of cigarettes all over again.

And really, to top it all off, people who vape look like total homos. Get a real cigarette.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Doesn’t it seem a little too convenient for Juul and ecig peddlers for the culprit to be marijuana? It’s a weird whataboutism which tries to shift attention away from scientific research linking vaping to COPD. https://www.webmd.com/lung/copd/news/20180814/study-vaping-may-shut-off-lungs-protective-cells
Here is the research journal it references
https://thorax.bmj.com/search/Vaping jcode:thoraxjnl

Part of me doesn’t care what people do in the privacy of their home. Part hates smelling the shit people exhale in the street and release from the carriages of their cars while I’m sitting in traffic. But the most worrying issue for me is that the population is denied the honest data, and that we are being told things that should not be legally told, such as vaping as a safer alternatively smoking - that can’t be established with the publicly known data set. It’s the Wild West of cigarettes all over again.

And really, to top it all off, people who vape look like total homos. Get a real cigarette.

The quick escalation of this as a public health crisis played out in the news set off alarm bells in my skeptic brain. "Ok, so people have been vaping for years now with no reports of injury except for exploding batteries, but some kid who just started 3 months ago has the lungs of a 40 year pack-a-day smoker? Sure."

However, that actually does make me more likely to believe that it is a batch of tainted ingredients. I'll have to read up your links though.

I don't touch the shit anyway, no horse in the race on that end.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Well I was talking to my sister and my nephew came clean. He was getting unregulated crap with THC. You can't just buy the properly made shit here in Ohio unless it comes from a state that it's legal in. Also he's not old enough to go to a reputable vape shop where they care what they sell, so he was buying it at school. I never thought that my nephew would be the kind to do this but it explains a lot of his behavior changes recently. He was a straight A student and a damn good football player and always heath conscious. On the other hand the small town they live in also has one the highest deaths from opioids and phentanol. This isn't some redneck area this is a very Leave it to Beaver type place in Columbus, OH.

My other older nephew smokes regular cigs, drinks shitty beer and I've smoked a little weed with him but he started dabbing and does nothing except sit around getting high as fuck all day everyday. It takes about 5 bong loads of regular kind buds like full packed not just a few rips to equal a single hit of that shit.

These kids just skip smoking a bit of weed and having some beers and get fucked up on a level that wasn't previously possible 20 years ago and trust me I used to fucked up on weed, acid, shrooms, K, blow etc. But we never snorted roxies and inhaled poisons as a starting point for having a bit of fun.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Well I was talking to my sister and my nephew came clean. He was getting unregulated crap with THC.

That sucks man. It's also why I have an issue with some States allowing marijuana (including THC vape) and others not. It blooms a bigger illegal market and bootlegging.

A couple of things though
To people who say it’s not the job of the state to regulate people, but rather parents not doing their jobs

Parents didn’t have the data and companies like juul have aggressively marketed to children and smokers seeking a healthier path.

For the percentage of parents that literally buy the product for their kids and think its ok. They don't need data when they are buying their children a 50mg nicotine product like Juul.

Also the FDA dropping the ball for over 10yrs is just as bad as Juul and the other companies. This was even before Juul was bought by big tobacco and their lawyers.

It took local governments taking action first. My regulations banning flavored product went into effect 5 years ago, to include raising the Age to 21, because the FDA and States didn't do a damn thing.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Inhaling chemcials is bad for you? Who would've thought!

This.

Ironic that here we are again looking back on what "we didn't know" regarding vaping and it's the exactly the same as how we took tobacco for granted.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, Terry. Hope he recovers.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Smoked cigarettes for a number of years. Then just went cold turkey when I had kids. I understand the enjoyment of tobacco. I now can even enjoy a cigar on occasion without any desire to go back to smoking on a regular basis.... But that said. Inhaling random flavored chems just to get a nic fix... Just seems pointless to me. I have NEVER met someone who has "just used it to quit smoking". You are still getting your poison fix of nicotine. They either keep vaping our just smoke again. Never seen a triumphant quiter using vape stuff.

It still baffles me that it took government or even society this long to stop 13 year old kids from buying and using those products. A product that has a known addictive poison. Let's not lie to ourselves lads. Even I do it. But when we smoke our tobacco we are still taking in nicotine into our system. Why Schools took over a year to ban that shit on campuses when vaping first took off just blew my mind.

Last edited:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
My cousins out in Cali tried to get me into vaping. I’m a chain smoker pack to 2 packs a day. They tried to get me with the mods measure out nicotine per juice. Mind you I just went with standard flavor, tasted like vanilla, but the nicotine just burned my throat. Is there any articles that point toward specific habits that are deadly? Is it just standard ecigs you can get at a gas station? Is it the dragon cloud vape mods or the thc chemicals? I remember an article of people getting popcorn lung because they were using the same chemicals as microwave popcorn in their flavoring, but that’s over 5 years old.

Edit. Didn’t see article person posted earlier. I don’t know if vaping in general should be outlawed in general, but more research and regulation should be implemented. Sad part, that tragedy like this needs to happen before change happens.

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Heads up: I was checking out some studies in the undergrad research lab in my school. If you vape anything that tastes sweet, check the ingredients. If it has sucralose, I would discontinue using it. I won’t bore anyone with the chemistry, but that stuff breaks down under vape conditions into stuff you don’t want reacting with the lining of your lungs.