eBay's NEW you ship first we pay you later and charge more in fees system

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just sold something on eBay the other day, and I didn't have this. I got an email the buyer paid via PayPal and I had the funds right then.

Is this for business sellers, or for all people?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I just sold something on eBay the other day, and I didn't have this. I got an email the buyer paid via PayPal and I had the funds right then.

Is this for business sellers, or for all people?
You will eventually have to do it by mid April or your account will be deactivated. I was encouraged to get it done before a certain date to score a money coupon. I may as well get the coupon since this will be the law for everyone soon. You didn't receive a notice?
BB

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Not that Im aware of. Although this item was the first item ive sold on ebay in literally like 4 years.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Not that Im aware of. Although this item was the first item ive sold on ebay in literally like 4 years.
LOL....that's probably why..LOL.... Every four year sellers are pretty low on the list!! LoL I just started selling regularly like the last couple of months just to unload clutter and swap out stuff I don't like that I may have recently purchased..
I don't have a problem with being exclusively under the eBay umbrella as stated before but when I go to the charges in fees I would like to get a breakdown like they did before.Now they just list the fees as what they are and that's it..If your fees for an item sold are 26.31 USD,that's all they give you.
BB

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Word
Managed Payments will have nothing on the future 1099-K headaches that will effect tons of people that sell online, even if they don't think of themselves as resellers.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Managed Payments will have nothing on the future 1099-K headaches that will effect tons of people that sell online, even if they don't think of themselves as resellers.
Yeah, that is going to really suck.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Been on eBay since 1998 when we used to email the seller when we won the auction to get payment details and then send off a money order to get the goods.
Same. I think it's been like 15 years since I bought something on eBay (PS2 Shadowman 2, which sucks compared to the original), but, I still use it as a resource to identify toys I don't recognize sometimes. I've never sold anything there; I just hoard shit--I never part with or flip it.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Thinking of selling my mint Musha on ebay this week to get some bonus cash. Im cringing at the cost of the fees when I know it's going to pull in over a grand. Sigh

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Thinking of selling my mint Musha on ebay this week to get some bonus cash. Im cringing at the cost of the fees when I know it's going to pull in over a grand. Sigh
This would be worth your while to list. The price you fetch for the item is due to it be being on the eBay platform so they deserve the compensation.
It's the sellers selling moderately priced items,somewhat common,middle class product if you will that get screwed pretty hard but if you have something highly desireable that will fetch a hefty sum,who cares about the fees imo.
BB

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
This would be worth your while to list. The price you fetch for the item is due to it be being on the eBay platform so they deserve the compensation.
It's the sellers selling moderately priced items,somewhat common,middle class product if you will that get screwed pretty hard but if you have something highly desireable that will fetch a hefty sum,who cares about the fees imo.
BB
Its basically ofsetting the costs of something expensive I baught this week. But you have convinced me. Listing it tonight.

I have played and beaten it enough. Someone else can enjoy it or else put it in thier glass case to jerk off to.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I think your only regret would not be waiting a couple of more months before listing it at the way prices are ballooning but I believe this is the right time due to stimulus and tax return buyers throwing their iron into fire trying to make the purchase.
BB

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
People started charging more for shipping at some point to make some extra change to offset the final value fees and eventually ebay got hip to that and started charging fees on shipping.
Ha! I was curious to see when this will happen. I hope ppl will find another loophole soon.