Ebay Neo Geo AES Hunting

Firehawk

n00b
I bought Garou mark of the Wolves and Sengoku 3 from him as conversion. And looks very good to me, I only can see it's a conversion when I look at the manual. But when I look at the case and cartridge I can't tell it's a conversion.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I bought Garou mark of the Wolves and Sengoku 3 from him as conversion. And looks very good to me, I only can see it's a conversion when I look at the manual. But when I look at the case and cartridge I can't tell it's a conversion.

Buying aes conversions when you can buy the mvs versions for a fraction of the conversions' price is not only stupid but lame as well.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Buying AES conversions, and being happy about it is pretty high on the 'worst idea for a first post' list. This should get good very shortly.

Firehawk

n00b
Buying AES conversions, and being happy about it is pretty high on the 'worst idea for a first post' list. This should get good very shortly.
Didn't knew it was such a sin to buy conversions. Wasn't trying to offend somebody.
Mostly my aes games are originals, like kof 94, kof 2001, Fighter's History Dynamite, fatal fury special, Samurai Shodown III and SNK vs. Capcom.
I hope we can put it to rest.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Didn't knew it was such a sin to buy conversions. Wasn't trying to offend somebody.
Mostly my aes games are originals, like kof 94, kof 2001, Fighter's History Dynamite, fatal fury special, Samurai Shodown III and SNK vs. Capcom.

Where do you think the conversions come from? NeoGeo Fairies?

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza

One thing about conversions is that kill two cartridges and rises MVS prices.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

No trolling or hatefulness here, since you are new I'll explain, in case you didn't know. To make a conversion, you have to take an existing AES and MVS cartridge, both of which are becoming highly collectible now, and kill them to make what is essentially a bootleg. Because of this, once common as dirt games like Fatal Fury 3, Samurai Shodown 3, and more recently Sengoku 3 are fetching very high prices because the supply has dried up due to the cart killing. In addition to this, if you're fine with playing what is essentially a bootleg, you could be playing a multicart instead, which is manufactured using all new parts, so no games were killed to produce it.

Now, this is the biggest Neo collectors forum on the net. Nobody cares anymore if you play the roms, or use a multicart, or a bootleg that doesn't use a sacrificial board. but you can see why the community gets up in arms over conversions, right?

1up

Galford's Armourer
I bought from his e-store a few months ago an andro dunos mvs kit for a very nice price considering these are not common games. Unfortunately the game had graphic glitches. I sent the cart back and he sent me a good one. No problem on his customer service i guess.

Conversions are a real problem, some mvs games are hard to find due to conversions, for instance pochy and nya.

But yeah, fuck conversions, i mean c'mon:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/NEO-GEO-AES-ANDRODUNOS-ANDRO-DUNOS-CONVERSION-/131248767941?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
One thing about conversions is that kill two cartridges and rises MVS prices.

No trolling or hatefulness here, since you are new I'll explain, in case you didn't know. To make a conversion, you have to take an existing AES and MVS cartridge, both of which are becoming highly collectible now, and kill them to make what is essentially a bootleg. Because of this, once common as dirt games like Fatal Fury 3, Samurai Shodown 3, and more recently Sengoku 3 are fetching very high prices because the supply has dried up due to the cart killing. In addition to this, if you're fine with playing what is essentially a bootleg, you could be playing a multicart instead, which is manufactured using all new parts, so no games were killed to produce it.

Now, this is the biggest Neo collectors forum on the net. Nobody cares anymore if you play the roms, or use a multicart, or a bootleg that doesn't use a sacrificial board. but you can see why the community gets up in arms over conversions, right?

Not anymore, most fakes you see on eBay are made with either these:

mzhF76O0kYw-brc4cVcfAlA.jpg

Or worse, THESE are used for games with a CHA512 board or newer (because EPROMs don't support 64Mbit, flash memory does):

P00002621.jpg

Those TSOP flash chips on adapters are the worst. They are far more delicate than EPROMs (pictured above) and the flash memory itself has a relatively short lifespan. You often find flash adapters in dead MVS bootlegs.

Back in the day when MVS carts were cheaper, most people had the decency to make real conversions. Hardly any bootlegs on eBay are made from MVS carts anymore. Now they're all of cheaper construction and will die on you sooner.

Last edited:

Firehawk

n00b

Thanks for the info.
I thougt they were made on a custom board where they put a rom on it. Didn't knew they destroy a mvs game for it.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Even if they use custom boards and / or flash chips still an aes cart shell is needed .... so maybe an mvs cart escapes but an aes one doen't.