DS Lite now available at Walmart and Target?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
That's just evil.

I'm going to go to Walmart and spend my remaining credit on 2 of them :emb:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Wow, anyone found this blessed system at their local Wal-Mart or Target?

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
im going to check my target and walmart before i head out to work it be sweet to get one early.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am currently checking my local stores in the greater Dayton, OH area.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
holy shitballs!

[runs out of office]

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Update bitches: I went to the Walmart about 3 miles away from me, asked the clerk if they have DS Lite for sale, to which he replied, "It's supposed to come out next Tuesday. We have it here though." Makes sense. Inventory guaranteed to be there by letting it sit around the warehouse. So, if you're lucky enough to find some store that has no qualms about breaking street dates, then you could be the owner of a shiny new DS Lite. I decided not to press the matter and will go back Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to check it out.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
G'damn cawk nuggets! I gotta go check my shit out.

[space for edit here]

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
They arrive here in June 23rd for 150€ (taxes included), black and white colors... :rolleyes:

RingoC

n00b
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24673325&sid=6152074

DS Lite launches early? Source: A handful of posters on the Cheap Ass Gamer message boards.

The official story: Nintendo reps weren't immediately available for comment.

What we heard: Last night, a moderator on the Cheap Ass Gamer message boards going by the name of "Trakan" posted pictures of a Nintendo DS Lite he had apparently just purchased from his local Target, about a week and a half before the system's official on-sale date of June 11. The pictures show the North American DS Lite packaging, the system itself, a stylus, an AC adaptor, and a receipt. Details on the receipt aren't clearly visible, but Trakan said it only rang up as a Nintendo DS instead of a DS Lite.

That posting was followed by a number of people from around the country reporting that they had picked up DS Lite systems at their local Targets and Wal-Marts. However, plenty of posters reported failure in their attempts to find a system.

GameSpot's own attempts to find Target and Wal-Mart stores selling the system were similarly stymied. After striking out at three local area stores, we expanded the net. A Target near the company's Topeka, Kansas, distribution center wasn't carrying the systems yet, nor was a Wal-Mart nearby the company's Macon, Georgia distribution facility. Finally, we tried the Wisconsin Target where Trakan reported his DS Lite was purchased from. After some dissembling, the nervous-sounding clerk there told us they had the system in stock behind closed doors, but it wasn't going to go on sale until June 11.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that Nintendo has launched the DS Lite early in the US. Not bogus that some stores accidentally broke street date on the system.
Posted by Polybren, May 31, 2006 6:33 pm PT
68 Comments | Post a Comment

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
I saw the news on CAG last night and went to my local Target this morning. They haven't even heard of the DS Lite :crying:

-Kickin' Wing

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
thank GOD!

Had the girlfriend check a Target by us while I was at work. Greeted to a shiny new DS Lite on the bed when I came home.

Good woman.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I called like 5 Targets and about 6 Wal-Marts and none have the DS Lite. 2 of the Wal-Mart's said that it ain't out until the 11th. I will check around tomorrow again.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
157554559_aa2296d58a.jpg

I have two ordered already which sucks because now i have to wait. Looks damn nice though.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I've got one reserved at EB but got no money to pick it up. As long as they dont sell my reserve I'm fine waiting a week to get it.

Those fuckers better have it next week though. :mad:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
nothing at the menlo target (which someone has already listed on the frappr)

if i get a chance ill check around other local stores. but i already have a preorder at eb.