Dracula X Chronicles SOTN ring of varda drop rate

daybona

Juz,
Anyone try to get this item from the paranthorpus (sp) in the coloseum? I tried for about an hour with the luck code, lapis lazuli and and ring of arcana and got nothing.

Seems now all this enemy drops is gauntlets (which it did before) and turquois (which I don't remember it dropping).

Since this game is 'remixed' so to speak, i wonder if the developers saw fit to make this item drop less or moved to a different enemy further on in the game?

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Maybe. I remember picking it up in the original release, but haven't seen it in either coliseum this time around.

daybona

Juz,
Thought if any forum would be familiar with the intricacies of this game, it would be ng.com.

daybona

Juz,
Well, karasuman in olroxes quarters in the inverted castle drops the ring of feanor which is almost as good as the ring of varda.

I equipped two of those, a gods garb and a crissegrim with a shield potion vs galamoth and he went down pretty quick.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
daybona said:
Well, karasuman in olroxes quarters in the inverted castle drops the ring of feanor which is almost as good as the ring of varda.

I equipped two of those, a gods garb and a crissegrim with a shield potion vs galamoth and he went down pretty quick.
After I get the Osafune Katana it tends to be the only weapon I use for the rest of the game. Though after researching I don't think I've ever used the sword you mentioned. Time for a little Schmoo slaughtering.

Against Galamoth if you have the Beryl circlet, he's a pussy cat.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
daybona said:

Imagine repeating those two sentences to someone on the street.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Does anybody fight Galamoth with normal weapons?

I've beaten this game at least 10 times, yet I've never really tried to get the Ring of Varda or the Crissegrim or even picked them up.

I did get the Osafune Katana though, but I really hate 2 handed weapons in this game - I'm an Alucard Sword kinda guy :)

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
daybona said:
Anyone try to get this item from the paranthorpus (sp) in the coloseum? I tried for about an hour with the luck code, lapis lazuli and and ring of arcana and got nothing.
I spent 20min or so this morning on killing the Paranthorpus and it dropped the ring. So I can confirm for you that it is still in the game and it is still dropped by that creature.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
ViewtifulZFO said:
Does anybody fight Galamoth with normal weapons?

I've beaten this game at least 10 times, yet I've never really tried to get the Ring of Varda or the Crissegrim or even picked them up.

I did get the Osafune Katana though, but I really hate 2 handed weapons in this game - I'm an Alucard Sword kinda guy :)

I fight him with the ice blade and walk armor. He's a real bitch without the walk armor.