Dodonpachi DaiOuJou (M2 Shot Triggers)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
b5c.png

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I guess that video confirms PS4. Please do switch too.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Nice news, but I'd have preferred to have seen some news on the next Toaplan compilation - it really annoys me when developers announce a series and then go all piecemeal on it. Given M2's usual timeline, the earliest we could potentially expect another installment is late next year now. :annoyed:

As for something different, again I'd have preferred to have seen Ibara or Batrider, or even the original DoDonPachi come before this.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Looking at the vid its only vanilla. It would be nice to get a DOJ BL and be freed of the 360 port. Touting cycle accuracy with the pcb my interest is peaked.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks like another worthy title to pick up!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I guess that video confirms PS4. Please do switch too.
Yes because everyone wants to play shmups with 6+ frames of lag :ROFLMAO:

I'm also a Switch owner, but please don't do that...

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member

It's a 20 year old game running on a system with a 20mhz processor. If it can't run on the Switch properly then that's just sad.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
It's a 20 year old game running on a system with a 20mhz processor. If it can't run on the Switch properly then that's just sad.
I agree.

I don't know why, but all the recent ports on the switch (at least in docking mode) have at least 1 or more frames of lag when compared to the PS4 version. You have multiple videos on youtube about this problem. Just sad.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Judging from the various gaming communities it looks like Switch shooters outsell PS4 if a game is released on both. I guess a lot more people than you'd think don't mind.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Switch apparently can't even run Megaman X on SNES without dropping frames. It's becoming increasingly common for the ports to be lazier and lazier, and since most of the retronerd collectors buy Switch versions the companies have little reason to care.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
If it does come to Switch, I have some faith M2 will do it properly. But to be totally honest I'm waiting for it to come to the mister :)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Honestly if the lag is extremely minimal it's usually still fine. All this talk about lag is totally blown out of proportion by anal weirdos that analyze and nitpick games instead of playing them. These are the people that will tell you how unplayable a port is until they're blue in the face but then credit feed their way through the PCB not grasping any of the mechanics.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What i meant was that if you have considerably more lag then the original PCB, it's not a cool thing. Even worse if the port is based on a previous port (from a few generation ago) and now they introduce even MORE lag.

Take a look at these numbers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IbAWZ2g10kp7m8OwbVAbrTJRoAmeZoro-wRjg0s1geM/edit#gid=0
Yeah, the Switch sucks and so do lazy ports. That's why I own a PS4 and thankfully M2 doesn't do lazy ports. I still think a lot of people complain about unacceptable lag and wouldn't know the difference most of the time if it wasn't constantly brought up.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I have every reason to believe M2 will do this just fine, and outshine the Livewire sloppy rush jobs.

Aleste collection on Switch is rock solid, as is every Sega Ages release they’ve done.

Switch Virtua Racing is *better* than arcade perfect; M2 completely eliminated draw distance on a Model 2 game…that runs on potato hardware.

They are tech wizards.