Do you want a Market Mod?

Do you want a Market Mod policing the market forums?

• Yes

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
The current market mod is doing a fine job.

2357555790_6f2dff8093_z.jpg

XD

Don

Camel Slug
Hey VanillaThunder,

I can not view only certain threads that I contributed on; Some threads I can view and some I can not.

Could you check to see what my status is?? Thanks and I appreciate your time.

LOL...what happen VT

Not sure what's going on but was I banned? I can't view/update my thread on the marketplace nor PM back certain members. Matter fact I can't even see the marketplace. Am I out the loop on something?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Not sure what's going on but was I banned? I can't view/update my thread on the marketplace nor PM back certain members. Matter fact I can't even see the marketplace. Am I out the loop on something?

It's happened to a lot of people.. just hang out and be social, and you'll get marketplace access back man :)

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
VYXX JUST RETURNED AS LOLOL.

S WOD ALSO SIGNED UP FOR AN ACCOUNT.

LOCKED IN THE WAR ROOM.

ENJOY THE SHOW.

autobahn3000

Banned
As I have mentioned before in the forums my user name is the same as my Ebay user name; So do an advanced search on Ebay and look at my items I'm selling. I have nothing to hide. As far as the prices of the games I sell and buy on Ebay is my choice.

I have only purchased Two MVS carts here from "Tyranix95" (Metal Slug 5) and "shadowkn55" (Ironclad).

I'm not trying to plead my case or anything, the only point I'm trying to make is that I'm not a flipper. When I joined this forum, I joined for the right reasons and I decided to buy almost all of my games from Ebay.

Again, as I have discussed with "VanillaThunder" I will continue to use the forum as It was intended and earn my stripes.

Most of everyone on this site is guilty of not reading every single forum rule (including me) and now its time to suck it up.

Tacitus

Staff member
As I have mentioned before in the forums my user name is the same as my Ebay user name; So do an advanced search on Ebay and look at my items I'm selling. I have nothing to hide. As far as the prices of the games I sell and buy on Ebay is my choice.

I have only purchased Two MVS carts here from "Tyranix95" (Metal Slug 5) and "shadowkn55" (Ironclad).

I'm not trying to plead my case or anything, the only point I'm trying to make is that I'm not a flipper. When I joined this forum, I joined for the right reasons and I decided to buy almost all of my games from Ebay.

Again, as I have discussed with "VanillaThunder" I will continue to use the forum as It was intended and earn my stripes.

Most of everyone on this site is guilty of not reading every single forum rule (including me) and now its time to suck it up.

l.jpg

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Yeah, I just finished reading through the thread. I see what's going on. Duly noted. Thanks man.

Well, I mean, you do the same thing on other forums. You created 9 topics on Sega-16 and 8 were in the marketplace. You always seemed to be a seller type. Maybe you have posts on some other forum but that doesn't count here.

LOCKED IN THE WAR ROOM.

This isn't even a punishment. :lolz:

Tacitus

Staff member
Someone sent me a PM they received from a sponge that sent the person's email for further contact upfront because they knew they would be removed at any minute because of this "bullshit".

They were right.

Tacitus

Staff member
Welcome to the party, xionicist and thegau!

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Hmm don't know how I feel about this banhammer drop. I'm kind of a antisocial guy, but usual go through the General Discussion topic daily as well as the marketplace. Although the the whole marketplace since, in general not just here has been getting out of control. So although excessive something needed to be done, and obviously I'm out of the marketplace for now.

Tacitus

Staff member
Hmm don't know how I feel about this banhammer drop. I'm kind of a antisocial guy, but usual go through the General Discussion topic daily as well as the marketplace. Although the the whole marketplace since, in general not just here has been getting out of control. So although excessive something needed to be done, and obviously I'm out of the marketplace for now.

Apparently, you're not antisocial enough to keep your complaints to yourself.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Well you kinda just named me for looking this post over, two post ago, so I feel like I have to say something for once. Well obviously I'm not exactly happy about this but it's your guys' site, been visiting this site for many years most of which not even bothering with the marketplace because I was just a stupid kid with no money. And only 3 or so years ago having some money and interest diving into the scene. But when I signed up I was only 16, and for at least three years before visited the site but was too scared to even sign up for a account because you guys here put up a pretty intimidating front and just stuck to wussy Gamefaqs forum. Nowadays I don't post much on any sites but I still come here for the entertainment and news on the Neo-Geo front and of course to see what's on the marketplace. It's not like I am not going to keep coming here but it's going to get harder for anyone coming into the community to really gain anything with this site literally being the only place to buy anything AES related on the web and not get ripped over or screw with repros.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Primarily aimed that thegau's comments, but also to others complaining about their new status:

I come to the forums MANY times per day. Like I don't even want to know how many. And every time I do, I click the "What's New" link at the top of the page. By doing so, not only do I see whatever people may have posted for sale since the last time I checked in, but I also make sure not to miss whatever interesting discussions have started or continued. I don't see how you could click that link, even once, daily and not end up participating in a lot of shit. Even if you clicked that link once a day, and only posted in ONE of the 100+ threads that would have been updated since the previous day, after 10 years you'd have like 3600 posts, instead of 49.

So please don't say you're "antisocial". You came to the forums, scanned the marketplace, and moved on.

Tacitus

Staff member
Primarily aimed that thegau's comments, but also to others complaining about their new status:

I come to the forums MANY times per day. Like I don't even want to know how many. And every time I do, I click the "What's New" link at the top of the page. By doing so, not only do I see whatever people may have posted for sale since the last time I checked in, but I also make sure not to miss whatever interesting discussions have started or continued. I don't see how you could click that link, even once, daily and not end up participating in a lot of shit. Even if you clicked that link once a day, and only posted in ONE of the 100+ threads that would have been updated since the previous day, after 10 years you'd have like 3600 posts, instead of 49.

So please don't say you're "antisocial". You came to the forums, scanned the marketplace, and moved on.

yup.

I watched him for 2 days and 95% of his time was spent scanning market threads.

I executed a few people like that today. I gave them a pass yesterday, noted their activity, saw it again today.

the antisocial excuse is horseshit. There is so much shit to to here. There are people that only do the markets, high score threads and the occasional cabinet thread. I kept them because at least they appear to be engaged with something around here.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Yeah not quite. I don't post becasue I usually always have bad times with it. Everyone's a tough guy on forums and I'm a not confrontational guy and usually get yelled at almost everytime I post something even if it is something dumb. Obviously not on this site but neogaf, gamefaqs, etc. And look I am not here begging for my privileges, I don't care, it isn't my site and you're right that I could have posted on a post everyday and be at 3600 or whatever but that isn't me. This is more of educational/news site for me, and hit the marketplace while I am here. If you want people like me out of the marketplace then so be it.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Yea the last two days I've worked, and I don't work a desk job so reading long post on a phone doesn't work without a mobile enhanced site. Also had to check and see if a guy I bought a ds from got it back because it was broken and probably now will never get a refund on it.

Tacitus

Staff member
Yea the last two days I've worked, and I don't work a desk job so reading long post on a phone doesn't work without a mobile enhanced site. Also had to check and see if a guy I bought a ds from got it back because it was broken and probably now will never get a refund on it.

I would help you with your problem and give you your rights back, but I'm antisocial.

Sorry man.

(Pretty shitty excuse for not putting forth even minimal effort, huh? Especially because you know it's a load of shit... ;). )

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I would help you with your problem and give you your rights back, but I'm antisocial.

Sorry man.

Ha you're pretty funny but like I said I don't care about my marketplace rights. And yeah I am actually a antisocial guy but you called me out first, I responded peacefully and got hammered on. You go ahead and keep those rights it's fine with me.

Tacitus

Staff member
Ha you're pretty funny but like I said I don't care about my marketplace rights. And yeah I am actually a antisocial guy but you called me out first, I responded peacefully and got hammered on. You go ahead and keep those rights it's fine with me.

Funny... You were in chat earlier, no?