Do you think the Dreamcast was a 128 bit Neo Geo ?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
No, but the Atomiswave was the spiritual successor to the Neo Geo. And as such, just as important.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the saturn was my go to place for neo geo games out side the arcade in the 90's. and later, the dreamcast also carried out the role. but i wouldn't consider the dreamcast to be a 128bit equivalent of the neo. the library of the dreamcast is far to diverse to even make a comparison.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No, but the Atomiswave was the spiritual successor to the Neo Geo. And as such, just as important.

I agree with this. Samsho6, KOF's, NGBC, MS6. It's a shame they didn't make that many games for it.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Why are all your posts/threads complete garbage, OP?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The Dreamcast was the 128-bit Dreamcast.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Neo Geo -> Atomiswave -> Naomi.

Somewhere between the Atomiswave and Naomi is the home version (Dreamcast).

128bit Neo Geo...hmm no. But in my mind it was because SNK, Arcades etc. were struggling during this time as well as the changes to the entertainment industry e.g. internet, move away from arcades to console gaming and so on.

Still, if SNK, Capcom, Sammy etc. got behind a colussus 2D machine today I'd buy it. A machine for Fighters, Platformers, Schmups, puzzlers etc.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The Dreamcast was the 128-bit Switch

we'll see how the switch turns out first. if the fans are demanding that there be a nintendo switch 2 twenty years after it's release, then we can compare it to the dreamcast.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist

No it wasn't. There hasn't been a spiritual successor to the Neo Geo. The Neo Geo was a platform that spared no expense to provide the best arcade experience both in and outside the arcade. The Dreamcast, Naomi, and Atomiswave were all budget shit designed for quick, lazy crap made on the cheap.

If there had ever been a real successor to what the Neo Geo did, the original Neo Geo wouldn't be held in such high regard today. It's unique.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
No it wasn't. There hasn't been a spiritual successor to the Neo Geo. The Neo Geo was a platform that spared no expense to provide the best arcade experience both in and outside the arcade. The Dreamcast, Naomi, and Atomiswave were all budget shit designed for quick, lazy crap made on the cheap.

If there had ever been a real successor to what the Neo Geo did, the original Neo Geo wouldn't be held in such high regard today. It's unique.

stupid bitch...

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
The Dreamcast was the 128-bit Switch

I literally have no idea what you're trying to say here, are you claiming the switch is going to be an amazing console or are you claiming that the switch is going to sell awfully and end nintendo's console development?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I literally have no idea what you're trying to say here, are you claiming the switch is going to be an amazing console or are you claiming that the switch is going to sell awfully and end nintendo's console development?

just, just ignore him
he wants to fuck 12 year old girls