Do you have this kinda feeling after buy up all the AES/MVS games you want?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
At least some of the best games on the system are still dirt cheap like SS2, FFS, KOF98 and you get the picture.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
well i'm 48 so i ain't got enough gas left in the tank to get all the aes and mvs carts i want, i'll be dust a long time before that happens, especially with the prices going the way they are.
I could win the lottery of course, which would ensue in a cart buying spree of legendary status, aahhh we can all dream...

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
There is only one store near me that sells AES carts. Granted, they are all complete in the boxes etc but still. I guess nobody ever touched them, and they were kept in a glass display case. Long story short, the price stickers were 3+ years old at the time when I started buying some. I got some pretty nice games for (comparatively) dirt cheap. KotM, Super Spy, Nam 1975, Magician Lord, KoF '95, SS3, Thrash Rally, and some others I believe for around $50 a piece. Some higher, some lower. Once I bought all the games from them that I actually wanted, the owner got wise, and upped all the prices on the remaining games. Luckily I was able to snag the ones I wanted. Though, he did have a US Last Resort for $200 that I regret not buying before he hiked it way up. Oh well.

So, yeah I know the feeling. I felt quite the collecting rush when I got all of those games way back. Now that there isn't a supply anymore, I'm sad there isn't a source to buy them at a brick and mortar store.

Last edited:

Phexe

Quiz Detective
Whenever I would "complete" a collection, I would just move onto looking for something else. There's an eventual point, though, where you kind of look at what you have and start to realize you need to downsize to just the essentials. A well curated collection is often far better than trying to have everything.

If you have a shelf and it's full of games, but it's got a ton of games that you don't ever want to play...then they're just taking up space.

Exactly how I am, I will usually downsize parts of my collection every year or so, distill it down to the best ones.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Liquid Snake, you could always collect Limited Edition Japanese PS4s, I think many of them cost almost as much as AES games.

You could try and get every disc variant of the Working Designs games.

You can also try Sega Saturn games. (I don't think its currently possible to repro saturn games, there's a special layer in the disc that is the copy protection. ) And any Saturn game thats good is usually quite pricey.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sega Saturn games. (I don't think its currently possible to repro saturn games, there's a special layer in the disc that is the copy protection. ) And any Saturn game thats good is usually quite pricey.
Saturn mod chips do exist.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Liquid Snake, you could always collect Limited Edition Japanese PS4s, I think many of them cost almost as much as AES games.

I have two limited edition PS4 consoles: Final Fantasy Type-0 and MGS V

Not interest in Saturn WD games because I hate that long case

I already got most Saturn games I want so I'm good with that :)

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Saturn mod chips do exist.

Well, sure. I suppose a modded Saturn could play a bootleg.

But unless someone got access to the manufacturing equipment for Saturn discs, its impossible to actually repro them.

(Apparently a lot of SNES games are being destroyed so people can put homebrew games on the carts... which really pisses me off. )

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
A lot of the lesser-known games on the saturn are very good.

Example: Deka 4WD is a good racing game. It's also really cheap - In the US it was released as TNN Motorsports: Hardcore 4x4.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
It reminds me of the first time I actually had sex.

(Apparently a lot of SNES games are being destroyed so people can put homebrew games on the carts... which really pisses me off. )
It's pretty much a plague right now. People are using them for shitty romhacks and repros r@re retail games

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
I've never dealt in MVS cart/kit until last October.
Start buying carts/kits and try to hunt down hard-to-find titles and negotiate deals from everywhere (eBay, forum, fleamarket, etc...)

Once I get all the titles I really want, I feel kinda empty and tell myself "Is that it"?

Not sure if you guys have the same feeling but that's how I feel right now.

The problem is when you start to sell a few titles saying to yourself... well i can always get another copy later.
Then later arrives and you say... damn those are the games I want to play, now I have to go and buy them again.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've never dealt in MVS cart/kit until last October.
Start buying carts/kits and try to hunt down hard-to-find titles and negotiate deals from everywhere (eBay, forum, fleamarket, etc...)
Do people seriously find these games at fleamarkets?

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Doubt it'll ever happen to me since a few of my "wants" are way beyond what I'd be willing to pay.

So in sense, I'll never have that feeling lol.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
The end is NEVER near for me since I can never seem to fucking get every single game on NeoCD, MVS, and AES, in mint like new condition, like it was never used, opened or touched before. So, the hunt shall continue forever until I die, and even if the end of collecting does come, and I find ALL of them like I want to find, I am sure my OCD madness will kick in, and I will find flaws someplace, somewhere, and the hunt shall begin once again. You KNOW when you have to buy 4 like new Metal Slug 3's just to put together one cart that is up to par that the journey to get all the games will be long and arduous. I even open my carts, and make sure the boards inside all shine like new in every way, and I make sure that they do not contain any eproms either, unless there is no other way. I must have bought 30 Puzzle Bobbles looking for one that has a mint english sticker and does not have an EProm in it, until I finally said fuck it.

The good thing about this, however, is that I seem to find all kinds of interesting things about my games in the process, like differences in the manuals, differences in the boards of which SNK decided to use on each game, etc... So, in a way it is like an Easter egg hunt. :D

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
The end is NEVER near for me since I can never seem to fucking get every single game on NeoCD, MVS, and AES, in mint like new condition, like it was never used, opened or touched before. So, the hunt shall continue forever until I die, and even if the end of collecting does come, and I find ALL of them like I want to find, I am sure my OCD madness will kick in, and I will find flaws someplace, somewhere, and the hunt shall begin once again. You KNOW when you have to buy 4 like new Metal Slug 3's just to put together one cart that is up to par that the journey to get all the games will be long and arduous. I even open my carts, and make sure the boards inside all shine like new in every way, and I make sure that they do not contain any eproms either, unless there is no other way. I must have bought 30 Puzzle Bobbles looking for one that has a mint english sticker and does not have an EProm in it, until I finally said fuck it.

The good thing about this, however, is that I seem to find all kinds of interesting things about my games in the process, like differences in the manuals, differences in the boards of which SNK decided to use on each game, etc... So, in a way it is like an Easter egg hunt. :D

Dude not even joking you need help. There is no way you are actually playing these games and enjoying them, you are simply OCD and hooked on collecting.
Please seek some professional help.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Dude not even joking you need help. There is no way you are actually playing these games and enjoying them, you are simply OCD and hooked on collecting.
Please seek some professional help.

I was biting my tongue, but that's pretty much my thoughts as well. There are plenty of people Neo collecting with OCD/issues to various degrees but dude is by a LONG stretch the most far gone I've run across.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Meanwhile, there's some dude with nothing but a mvs board and a multicart having a blast.

That could have been me had I started now but I started before multi carts...needless to say that dude is my hero, less is more! I'm gonna prove it someday, get off my ass and sell sell sell.