Dirty Emulators - The Pandora 400 in 1? JOIN THE GROUP BUY, see post 32

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey all,

Excellent.com sent out one of their many emails on the X in 1s that seem to flood my inbox, however I actually read the last one about the Pandora 400 in 1 ver 2. $80 bones, and has a pretty slick list of games.

I know the CPS1/2 emulation has been shaky, due to Q-Sound, but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried one of these. For $80, I'd love to have copies of the Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Ghouls and Ghost, Street Fighter Alphas and Vampire games (that won't up and suicide or need to be Phoenixed), and a fist full of other random titles like Ms Pac Man.

Anyone have one of these? Can they speak for the emulation quality? I have seen a few reviews via various sellers that seem to say this think rocks hard. Definitely looks better than a cheesy MAME box conversion.

***UPDATE: Sounds like these rock, and a group buy is in order. Thanks to CDAMM, we have a few spots left in a group buy of 20 units from ExcellentCom. Click here for more info. ***

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i own the pandora's box ver. 1 and honestly think its pretty damn good. havnt noticed any cps2 emu issues, the list for this one is even better. and these things are really cool since they have a vga port on the side of the cart or you can just run it at standard res off the jamma edge.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I saw the blurb about it over at JAMMAboards.com and they say the same thing... This one is actually good. I'm pretty much sold.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'm curious how good the vert shmups play on this, particularly the cave and raizing titles. Does the menu appear sideways with a monitor in Tate?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This actually looks pretty good. Glad to hear the CP emulation is decent. Any gameplay vids?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i would definitely want at least one.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
$80 Gunnail?

gXMakQC.jpg

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I dont even have a JAMMA cab yet and I want one of these.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
OMG want, if I had one of these and a supergun I'd be set for life! :eek:

MrMark0673

n00b
No kick harness support so all 6 buttons have to run through the harness? Would be nice to be able to slap it in a cab without having to use one of those multi-game looms.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Do you have an Astro with an MS8 Rabbit? There has been a bit of discussion lately on how these multiboards and mame can damage your chassis due to changes in resolution on boot up so be careful:

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/show...issue-on-MS8-26SE-chassis?p=852140#post852140

Nope, right now I have an MVS-25 candy and a Net City. I was going to stick this in the Neo cab, but the Net City does support 15/31K so it would probably be a lot safer in there with the possible resolution changes. Good to know, either way. :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Would be nice if it had a 15/31k switch. I'm a bit leery if this could potentially damage my Blast City monitor.

Edit: actually, if you run VGA out it should just stay in 31k right?

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'll ask him about Gunnail. This game is going for almost a freaking grand these days.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Problems is these things is they think they must cram as much shit on the board as possible and it ends up compromising the whole set just to please the "ZOMMMMGGG I used to play this when I was 16" crowd . I wish they would just stick to to one system at a time and get it right like what was done with the Capcom 14 in 1 and 18 in 1.

The fact that it is cheap is a problem too because a lot of people will pick it up, play sub par emulated crap and then think a good game isn't worth picking up because of the bad experience they have on these multi boards.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The fact that it is cheap is a problem too because a lot of people will pick it up, play sub par emulated crap and then think a good game isn't worth picking up because of the bad experience they have on these multi boards.

Good, keep them the hell away.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
group buy?

Edit: I inquired about a group rate from them. Worth a shot.

I've bought quite a bit from them over the past couple years. In bulk they'll do something, but not a lot. I'd guess $10 off each of orders of 10 or more. They won't discount the shipping and it's expensive. My last 2 orders were both over $100 and it wasn't real heavy, both were under 15lbs.

Regarding the Pandora, I haven't played the 400, but the previous one I did have and it is garbage. Games cut out and go back to menu screen. Vertical games are squished and slow. If the 400 is better tech, it could be worth it. If it isn't - it's a paperweight.

Last edited: