Din cables mod job

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hi. I was wondering if Jeff can make a Din cables (preferably 3 tails) for Neo Geo (like one for old Genesis). If so, I REALLY want one-I am tired of playing Neo w/ semi-bad graphics
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited October 31, 2000).]

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Are you saying you need something like the A/V cable?

Jeff

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
kind of. I thought it was for AV cable as well.

But I was told that I have a composite. My TV has Yellow, red, and white ports (like for PS, Saturn etc). I need it for Neo Geo to TV hook up. I really need one. Thanks for responding.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited October 31, 2000).]

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The Neo A/V cable has a Yellow and White plug. Yellow = Composite Video and White = Mono Audio. This should work on any standard TV with A/V inputs on it (or a VCR).

Now, I could easily build you a new A/V cable with the extra RED plug, but the sound would still be mono since that is all you can get out of the DIN jack on the back of the Neo. You'd just have the mixed audio going to the left and right speakers of your TV.

HOWEVER, you can easily add true stereo out to your Neo. I do this as a part of my SVideo mod. I use the industry standard 4 pin mini-din jack for the SVid jack, and I use RED & WHITE RCA jacks for the stereo out. For those that want it, I can also add an RCA Video jack (this is typically cleaner than the Neo's normal composite out).

Jeff

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for responding. Yes, I definitely want the AV cable for Neo Geo. I will e-mail you about it immediately. I will probably consider modding my system in the future as well. Once again, thanks.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Which mod job?

SVideo/Stereo installed - $75 + return shipping
Debug Bios Installed - $50 + return shipping

Package - SVideo/Stereo/Debug - $115, includes return shipping in the US.