Differences between SS V Special Fixed and Unfixed

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Hello people, as far as I know, first version of Samurai Shodown V Special had a lot of bugs, and because of this, SNK offered to its costumers to fix those problems, releasing the "fixed version", more common than the unfixed version nowadays.

Well, I have surfed the web, but I hadn't found any post related to this, so...

Do you know which improvements have the fixed version?

Thanks for your time trying to translate this post... I'm trying to write properly... LOL

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Last edited:

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Thank you for the link, and your advise Karou, I will follow it next time!

I'm surprised, I didn't know that if you have an Unibios installed in your AES system, you can "fix" the gameplay automatically. So, I have to suppose that the information related to fatalities etc, is in fact in the unfixed cart ROMs!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That's why the unfixed version is the more sought-after.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Today I have been playing and testing the UniBios. It's awesome to select "fix fatalities and sound" and playing with all the features of the game.

I enjoyed a lot playing "shrink mode"... Every hit makes the character more and more little, it's very fun, and weird!

IMAG1235.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1237.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Thank you Karou. I actually wanted to share the last one in order to show the cheats menu, nothing else. By the way, I have been surfing the internet and I have found a possible "urban legend"... It seems that months before the release of the game, there was a murder in Japan, a girl who was killed by a schoolmate. It was known as "the Nevada-Tan incident", and shocket Japanese people. It caused a wave of censure in movies and videogames too, including this title. Did you hear something about it?

Well, I do like to know all about the Neo Geo system, I'm always trying to read articles, reviews... and the story of this special title always fascinated me.

Were the MVS version modified to? I mean, if there are two versions of the game too.

Thank you!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
there is no censored version on MVS.

//EDIT: GAME BRAIN.

Last edited: