Diablo II: Resurrected

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
MrLlamaSC said:
Real talk though @RodFergusson, any chance we will see a fix to NHAM (Next hit always misses)? Would really open the game up in some beautiful ways Bug reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofdiablo/comments/8zp128

Rod Fergusson said:
Hey, we're aware of the issue but we decided that it was part of the original experience that we were concerned of impacting. Definitely something we could look at fixing post launch if the community feels like it's a change they want.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I know it's kind of trivial vs. updating the game and it'd probably only be of interest to like 2%, but I am a bit gutted there isn't some kind of in depth retrospective-to-now documentary that was just released alongside it... Or even as part of some special edition... art book with interviews... Something like to that to celebrate the game and share the stories behind it.

Shame it's also landed in the middle of the recent revelations. But something tells me you would only be punishing the hard workers, not the leadership, by avoiding it...

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
It's gonna be out in a few days. I'll be on this a lot.

Played the beta and really liked it. I'm thinking of getting the Switch one as well.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Refunded this shit after my offline character loaded without any fucking weapons. Rampant problems, please don't give this trash company your money.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I'm so glad I don't do pre-orders. I nearly did this time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Refunded this shit after my offline character loaded without any fucking weapons. Rampant problems, please don't give this trash company your money.

I think the Blizzard of old died when WoW launched.

I fortunately haven’t had the issue you’ve experienced but have had some issues connecting to the servers with my online character and also playing with my friend on Xbox.

I think when Diablo 4 comes out I will wait for reviews.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well if anyone is on PSN I'm gl1deh00k...I think...

Was supposed to be glidehook but some cod dickwipe dibsed the name years ago.

It sucks you can't do online co op with randoms.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just beat the game on PS4 with an offline character. Probably 40-50 hours total since I had to backtrack a good amount to find everything I needed. It actually didn't give me many issues... At one point a couple times after I backed out to the menu then started up the game again it kept loading my entire belt with mana potions instead of the health/mana mix I normally use. Sometimes I noticed gameplay was a little choppy so I would quit/reload the game but really nothing major. The worst I had was in a LONG gaming session, between saves the game crashed, and I had to redo like ~3 hours of a dungeon again... but that's pretty much the same you have to do if you save and reload a game since all the enemies re-populate every time anyway...

My biggest issue is actually the 20 year old game itself and how a bunch of things work in it (as in this is ONLY a remaster and NOT a total remake whatsoever), and how I struggled with learning how to play a ~20 year old game with my modern mindset, on a modern console (and I'm not talking about translating the original mouse movements to a PS4 controller – I actually found that was pretty darn seamless and smooth). This wouldn't bug me as much if they didn't keep talking about "quality of life improvements"... and I call a big bullshit on that. Sure, you can auto-pickup gold, that's cool... but what about being able to, oh, I don't know... FUCKING PAUSE THE GAME????? Yeah, even pressing the Playstation button on the controller (my go-to method to pause ANY game, even mid-cutscene) doesn't work, you'll still get killed if you're in a dungeon because the game is STILL playing in the background. I've been able to pause ANY game I can think of all the way back to NES in 1985... Even "ESC" on PC paused Diablo II back in the day I was reading... The only proximity of a pause this game has is opening a portal back to town (which sometimes I don't have time to get out of a mob of monsters and make one), or literally you have to hold the playstation button and put the console into sleep mode... that's the only way.

There's really not a save/load system to the game how we think of them today either (ok, maybe since like 1988's battery saves...). It does technically save, but you lose ALL progress in the dungeon or area you're in (and some are HUGE) and all the monsters respawn and you have to kill them all once again... No save really fucks things up. Like try to figure out how the fuck the Horadric Cube works (sorry, my memory from playing this 20 years ago is non existent)... you use the cube by using items (runes, gems, etc.) you've sometimes literally been upgrading for 10, 20, 30+ hours to get them to be usable for a certain recipe... then if you fuck something up on the recipe or don't like the final item? ...you're shit out of luck because you can't load a previous save game and try it a different way. Can't even remove some of those same items you put into weapon/armor sockets either (well, you can, but it takes even MORE rare items to remove them... and you still lose the item you socketed).

I also had an issue where early in the game I evidentially wasn't putting my points into the right places despite sailing through all the regular enemies super easy... but I got to the first boss and as soon as I entered the room I died IMMEDIATELY. And I'm not even joking, in a split second I died. Couldn't dodge, run away, load a potion, launch a spell... nothing, just immediately dead... About 30-40 times in a row (oh, and when you die you lose EVERYTHING, all weapons/equip/gold/etc – until you can claim your body again... in the same room you died in).... Thankfully I googled and found that ONE TIME (per difficulty level) you can reload your stats and do your points again (which I did, and tripled my points to Vitality/Life so I didn't immediately die).

Don't even get me started about the game literally being SOLELY (ok, maybe 85%) about picking up loot and upgrading shit (by selling, merging items you find, etc.), then have a whole whopping ~24 slots in your inventory (a bow takes up 6x slots fyi, a large shield can be 8...). So if you're like me and can't stand NOT picking up everything in sight to sell, I'm transporting back to town literally every 5-7 minutes (not exaggerating... sometimes in the same medium size room with two groups of enemies on either side I'll have to go back twice in 2 minutes or so... it's that bad).

Anyway, somehow still really enjoyed the game. Used to play it all the time back in the day, it's just that I was expecting a bit more out of a game, even if it's re-released as a remaster and not a remake of a game (even if it's based on the same original engine). I totally get it's just upgrading the graphics essentially... and my comments still hold true even if I was talking about the original 2000 release, but some of these complaints I have are nearly inexcusable in a modern game (like seriously... at least give me the ability to pause the fucking game... an actual save system would be great too).

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not being able to pause while playing solo offline is dumb.

Everything else is fine.

There would have been a greater outcry had they changed things significantly.

Game is exactly as I remembered, for better or worse.

I bet they intended to release this last year on the 20th anniversary but COVID.

It’s clearly a cash grab to keep Diablo in the consumer spotlight as we are still a few years out from D4.

But as had been said many times. The Blizzard of the 90s is dead and has been, for years.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
TP to down, then AFK. It was the same on Open Bnet/Ladder.
Can't expect to survive glass cannon with no Poison res vs Andariel. You can only do it with a low frame high damage attack, aka a 1 click kill. I'm going to blame the player, not the game on that one.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No, it died when Activision got involved.

Yeah probably.

When was that? After StarCraft 2?

While I played a a bit Overwatch off and on throughout the years the last Blizzard game I really enjoyed was Warcraft 3.

I think I played only the first StarCraft 2 release.

Diablo 3 I played a lot of from release but we don’t need to discuss that lol.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Shortly after Wrath of the Lich King got released. You can tell by the stagnating quality of the expansions after it.

Seeing as Blizzard is apparently run by sex pests, I will refrain from buying this game. (might pirate it though, lol)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's really sad this couldn't have been done before the Activision merger. The Blizzard of today is still just as much a rotting carcass being paraded around by Activision as when the merger was finalized.