Destiny (you know, Bungie's new FPS)

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I just felt like the larger enemies were tedious more than difficult. The whole single player bit was just a waste of time before multiplayer to me.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I just felt like the larger enemies were tedious more than difficult. The whole single player bit was just a waste of time before multiplayer to me.

It took a while to beat that walker asshole. Also the room where there is literally two invincible enemies that you have to run past to get the rare loot is impossible.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I've gotten a Titan and Hunter to max level, and now am working on the Warlock (least favorite so far).

So far, Destiny feels like Halo Reach + Borderlands + PSO, with a few bits of a Souls game's co-op sprinkled on top.

I was able to do the first Moon story mission yesterday. Since I knew the mission wasn't going to be open forever, I explored as much as I could. I couldn't find much in the way of treasure deep inside the "dungeon" area, but it was interesting to see a large sample of non-human architecture.

Ghudda

New Challenger
So I could write 10 pages+ on my experience with the beta alone, but I will say that my initial impressions far exceeded what I had hoped. After completing the first moon mission and revisiting it to explore the moon environment and, just by my curiosities, stumbling upon that whole entire crater "dungeon" section off the side felt extremely immersive to me. The fact that the area was obviously created to withhold a quest or mission but lacked one, made it just completely mysterious and fun to explore without having arrows or checkpoints to guide you through it. I really appreciate the Halo reminiscent combat feelings and mechanics and the narration from your ghost is awesome. I certainly have some complaints about the enemy mechanics as well as the first "dungeon" boss mechanics, but over all I've gone from uncertainty to confident that it's going to promote a quality campaign and strong co operative experience for me. Definitely suggest installing and playing the, now completely public, beta if you havn't done so (that is if it's still going today).

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I've had my fill of the beta.

Loved it enough to plunk down another $30 for the Expansion I & II preorder.

September 9th can't come soon enough.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I got the beta downloaded, played through the first mission and some of the second (before getting stuck, I'm not very good at shooters) I have to say I dig it too. I really liked all the customization and just the overall atmospheric fill of the game. I'll probably grab this one, maybe not at launch, but eventually for sure.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
...and it looks like the beta is over. Either that or the servers are down for everyone.

At least I managed to hit max level with all 3 classes, and ended with a Grimoire score of 520. Didn't get a chance to do any PVP with my Warlock though.

Edit: false alarm! Servers are back up.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Hrm. I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon, but I was kind of bored with it and the atmosphere didn't live up to my expectations. I'm glad I tried it out and it's cool that we all got to play it for free, but I don't think I'll be buying the full game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Holy crap the MP needs some balancing. New low level players have no chance against Titans at max level..lol I just saw some guy kill like 4 noobs with a ground pound thing. I mean it's always fun when you're the high level guy but sucks when you are the low level one. What's this crystal thing, too?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
low level players have no chance against Titans at max level..lol I just saw some guy kill like 4 noobs with a ground pound thing.

You get that at like level 5, you'll have it if you can play matchmaking. It also takes like two-three minutes or something to recharge.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Holy crap the MP needs some balancing. New low level players have no chance against Titans at max level..lol I just saw some guy kill like 4 noobs with a ground pound thing. I mean it's always fun when you're the high level guy but sucks when you are the low level one. What's this crystal thing, too?

I love my ground pound, pve with some friends.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

The MP balance is fine as far as character abilities go.

What's really unbalanced are the weapons. The hand cannon is redundant and the pulse rifle is mostly useless. Besides that, non-standard weapons offer a number of bonuses that can have a noticeable impact during MP.

Magician

20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No matchmaking at all for Raids?

Kind of weak IMO.

If it at least required you entered the RAID with a partner so you'd have 3 groups of two...

But at the same time I can understand the frustration of spending 1.5 hours in a raid only to have a couple dumbasses drop out.

Magician

20 Year Member
IGN First video on endgame content.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Destiny isn't crossplatform when playing online is it?

Not even between 360 xbone or PS3/4?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I read that and thought you were talking about Mr. Bungle's new album.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The way co-op is implemented for raids might not be so bad if clans are well integrated into the game. As in, join a large clan -> clan list shows up in-game -> organize raids between your friends and/or clan-mates.

Destiny isn't crossplatform when playing online is it?

Not even between 360 xbone or PS3/4?

Nope, not cross-platform play in any version. However, I hear characters + character progress do carry over between 360<->One and PS3<->PS4.

Magician

20 Year Member
Another IGN First video showing an endgame character for one of their staff members.

The video shows how gear can take you past the hardcap of level 20.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've decided that in order for me to purchase this game they would have to be at least a few other members getting it for PS3. It seems that it will be super reliant on friends list support rather than quick joining.

Magician

20 Year Member
DattoDoesDestiny on Youtube put together an awesome video discussing gear stats.

Give it a glance if you wanna get your maths on. *sniff* Oh yeah, numbarz!

Magician

20 Year Member
How about a couple more informative videos from DattoDoesDestiny?

Only 33 days left until launch.

Magician

20 Year Member
2 weeks to go. The last bit of recent info I've read is that hand cannons are getting a damage buff to seperate them from scout rifles, auto rifles are getting a balance (can't remember if it was damage or rate of fire), and rocket launchers are getting a rate of fire balance. On a side note, it appears that the demo was roughly 15% of launch content. And a small reminder, Destiny is here stay for awhile; Bungie is under contract to provide two sequels (more like glorified expansions) plus your standard content expansions every year.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The game should have longevity if we see balancing, tweaks, and new content to both the single and multiplayer. I won't mind paying for content in the form of legit expansions - but I do hope we get some free stuff as well.