DELETE Group Buy: XRGB-mini Framemeister

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
game over. i'm just getting a
unit through the method brought up by Yes Boss! (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...Framemeister&p=3596303&viewfull=1#post3596303)

mods please delete, thanks!

What is up? I've been wanting to get one of these XRGB-mini Framemeisters (http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/framemeister.html) for a little while now but instead of just getting one for myself I figured could try to get a few and hopefully get them at a lower price for a group buy.

I've been able to do that, but realistically I'm not sure the demand is great enough to get it down insanely lower. But, maybe that could be possible if I've underestimated the demand.

The details:

1. This group buy is only for US residents.

2. The price is $380 shipped to your door (in the US) - so that is about 5% off the cheapest you find on ebay with shipping (~$400).

3. This group buy will go through when 15 people can commit to it, at that time I will collect and send off the buy and from that point can expect to have your xrgb in a couple weeks.

If there's an overwhelming level of interest I could probably run additional buys.

Anyway that's it folks, let me know if you want on-board, I'm hoping to get off this buy end of next week (9/20/13), hoping I'd be able to get enough of you onboard.

About me, since I'm sort of new to the forum-- I've been doing a fair deal of selling and buying on the forum and hopefully those people I've dealt with can vouch for me. Otherwise I have the feedback from my seller rating on here.

Feel free to PM me with questions, I'll keep this list of users for people to see if a buy is about to go through. Thanks!

1. billbrasky
2. *(evan w.)
3. *(ghost dad)

*(off forum user)

maybe (need until end of october)
1. betterdavid

Resources for items that might be of use once acquiring an xrgb-mini (these items i cannot offer-- my deal is only for a brand new xrgb-mini packaged unit):

Since the XRGB-Mini by default is pinned for Japanese 21-pin scart in order use existing euro scart connectors with the unit you would need:
- EURO Scart to XRGB-mini http://www.ebay.com/itm/161088389324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
or
- EURO to JP scart which would then use the existing xrgb-mini cable (http://www.retrogamingcables.com/european-scart-to-japanese-scart-converter.html)

for people looking to input component into the xrgb-mini:
- http://www.solarisjapan.com/d-terminal-female-to-component-adapter-cable-male/

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You should probably include the component F to D-Terminal M adapter as part of the buy. I can't imagine anyone wanting one of these, but not wanting to use component input (unless you are in Japan).

Edit: My total for the unit with this adapter, and faster-than-EMS UPS shipping was $452.37 in late July. So there is some room for savings here..

Last edited:

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
i'm looking to only provide the core of someone's setup and let them take it from there since we all have different goals in mind. personally i don't plan to use component input at all since i have little interest in upscaling consoles that already output at least 480p. i plan to only use euro scart, so a simple euro scart to jp21 xrgb mini cable will address that http://www.ebay.com/itm/161088389324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 or a euro to jp21 converter cable http://www.retrogamingcables.com/european-scart-to-japanese-scart-converter.html. do you have a good link to where someone would be able to buy one of those cables? i'd love to get any and all references to items like that in this thread so people realize what is out there. thanks!

*edit - added link to the component to xrgb-mini cable. i will try and source these and possibly offer them, but as it stands i don't have enough interest for the xrgb-mini unit alone.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I picked one of these up recently from a friendly forum seller and so far I've only used it w/a Saturn w/s-video cable, but it looks exactly like a CRT. Totally worth the money for vintage gamers who miss the old CRT days and don't have room for a second TV. The component cable is good for anyone who wants to use a PS2 with one, I doubt I would ever use it but it made sense to buy one at the time for a small charge. Also, the included SCART adapter is easily opened and can be rewired for Euro SCART instead of JP.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I picked one of these up recently from a friendly forum seller and so far I've only used it w/a Saturn w/s-video cable, but it looks exactly like a CRT. Totally worth the money for vintage gamers who miss the old CRT days and don't have room for a second TV. The component cable is good for anyone who wants to use a PS2 with one, I doubt I would ever use it but it made sense to buy one at the time for a small charge. Also, the included SCART adapter is easily opened and can be rewired for Euro SCART instead of JP.

excellent input madman, thanks! i'm trying to ditch the big heavy 19" pvm and move to a nice big plasma or something-- moving over all of my consoles that i currently have hooked up via rgb euro scart. glad you can confirm that re-mapping the included jp21 cable to euro is easy, i've done that with the nintendo rgb scart cable that comes jp21. i'm working on maybe getting euro scart xrgb cables alongside if i can get people on-board. here's what i'm looking to feed to the xrgb-mini to a larger tv .

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yakumo on assemblergames is offering these for $400 shipped to the US, Europe and Australia via EMS. I received mine in three business days, which is pretty incredible coming from Japan -> USA. I've also heard that someone bought one through amazon.co.jp with a middle-man service and it worked out to $350 shipped for them, so that might be something to look into. You might see if Yakumo would be able to cut you a bulk rate for getting 15 units, it's worth a shot.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yakumo on assemblergames is offering these for $400 shipped to the US, Europe and Australia via EMS. I received mine in three business days, which is pretty incredible coming from Japan -> USA. I've also heard that someone bought one through amazon.co.jp with a middle-man service and it worked out to $350 shipped for them, so that might be something to look into. You might see if Yakumo would be able to cut you a bulk rate for getting 15 units, it's worth a shot.

i've asked around and this is the best i could get for such a low quantity from a very reliable source.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just wanted to say big ups to billbrasky, I've had a couple of deals with him and he's a great guy to deal with. Also the Framemeisters are awesome and this would be a great way to save a U.S. Grant on this device. I bought mine from Solaris shipped EMS for about $430.

That set up is pretty rad brasky and that Duo-RX looks mighty fine. :)

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
From that pic, I now see why you need so many Keene Commanders daisy chained billb. ;)

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
From that pic, I now see why you need so many Keene Commanders daisy chained billb. ;)

haha yeah, i've gone the have everything connected approach. i think i have just enough for all of the consoles i want in rgb with this setup (cutting it close). hoping to get it all going into a framemeister now.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Is there a maybe list? I just bought this TV:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-55W8...2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379355004&sr=8-2&keywords=802a

16.9ms input lag could be really nice with the XRGB, but it's going to be a bit till I can get the cash together. Any idea as to when you are going to order these?

yo david! what's up man-- i was hoping to fire off an order before the end of the month, but if you're only needing until end of october i'm sure i could get the offer extended to then. especially if there were enough in the "maybe list" by that time. i'm willing to purchase myself the remaining units to get the price if i can get even 10 people committed by the end of october.

let me know, i can create a maybe list for people who only need until the end of october for funds.

Last edited:

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yo david! what's up man-- i was hoping to fire off an order before the end of the month, but if you're only needing until end of october i'm sure i could get the offer extended to then. especially if there were enough in the "maybe list" by that time. i'm willing to purchase myself the remaining units to get the price if i can get even 10 people committed by the end of october.

let me know, i can create a maybe list for people who only need until the end of october for funds.

I'm good! End of October should be good for me, so put me down for that.

Yes Boss!

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
billbrasky,

You can do better than Solaris on price. About $335.00 delivered per unit. You would need about ten orders and would have to go through amazon.co.jp. Here is how it works:

$3050.00 -- 10 Minis @ $305 (after exchange)
$ 150.00 -- Tenso forwarding and EMS fee for all ten. They go by weight, not $ value
$ 150.00 -- Priority USPS shipping with tracking to ten individuals stateside

$3350.00/10 = $335.00

Last edited:

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
billbrasky,

You can do better than Solaris on price. About $335.00 delivered per unit. You would need about ten orders and would have to go through amazon.co.jp. Here is how it works:

$3050.00 -- 10 Minis @ $305 (after exchange)
$ 150.00 -- Tenso forwarding and EMS fee for all ten. They go by weight, not $ value
$ 150.00 -- Priority USPS shipping with tracking to ten individuals stateside

$3350.00/10 = $335.00

nice! looking into this more, the missing link is that forwarding service. i'm not familiar with that at this point