Defund the Police is dead. Don’t even entertain it

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
As with a great many Democratic talking points, it was always a patronizing, ivory tower, white liberal ideal foisted on the masses that don't want it but will be told that it is best for them. See lantinx for a more benign though no less stupid idea.

It is an idea that is carried on the backs of the handful of stories that could be found every year of black men or boys that were killed by police with varying levels of justification.

It is inherently designed to keep people, specifically black and brown urban residents that vote overwhelmingly Democrat in a mindset of victimhood that only politicians can save them from, but those same politicians instead perpetuate the issues to keep a stranglehold on those same voters.

It is a failed abortion of a slogan through and through. It encapsulates all of the negatives of Black Lives Matter as a slogan times a million. Any undergrad marketing major could easily see how an attack slogan on police will be easily spun and countered which leads to backpedaling and 'oh we don't mean defund, we mean change how policing is done, blah, blah, blah.'

When they had to come out over the summer with modified talking points about how it was actually the Republicans who wanted to defund the police because they voted against some stupid spending bill, I had to lol. It was such a naked ploy that it is hard to imagine anyone fell for it. Then my wife told me it made sense to her. I wanted a divorce that day.

The closest parallel I can make to Defund the Police as a benign thought is how Congress has like a 10% approval
rating as a whole, but everyone generally likes their own Congressperson. So ask people if there should be less police and they're generally agreeable, but ask them more specifically if they want less police in their neighborhood or to shutter a precinct or merge departments with a neighboring municipality and they're gonna say hell no real fast.

Can we get Trumpster Fire back with a rebrand for the current administration?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty sure it wasn’t really a democrat talking point as much as a Fox News one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Regardless, Dems should vehemently reject the notion of defund the police. Like all of them toe the line that police get the support of the democrats.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It was a stupid idea all along. The only people who thought it was a good idea where rich-ass whiteys living the suburbs, where crime is an abtract notion.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Ha, that's rich. If it happened in Miami Gardens you'd have people on a rampage breaking into apartments stealing, killing, looting and pillaging. This city is chock full of delinquents, just waiting to have a field day when they can commit their crimes without repurcussions.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pretty sure it wasn’t really a democrat talking point as much as a Fox News one.

I disagree in a sense. Certain members latched onto it and the leadership tolerated it at the very least. Like I said above, if it wasn't totally obvious how it would become a Fox News talking point, they're just braindead. It is such an easily foreseeable and obvious counter that I would be amazed at the level of sycophantic support within certain offices that would have to be in place that not once did they question if that specific language of Defund the Police was a good idea for a slogan. It was a total self-own.

Fox did use it as a talking point sure, and broadly generalized all Democrats as being supportive, also true, but they didn't invent Defund the Police out of whole cloth as a perjorative just because some Democrats wanted to do meaningful things like end the war on drugs. Nope, they led with that slogan themselves and then had to retreat when they realized it was wildly unpopular.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I disagree in a sense. Certain members latched onto it and the leadership tolerated it at the very least. Like I said above, if it wasn't totally obvious how it would become a Fox News talking point, they're just braindead. It is such an easily foreseeable and obvious counter that I would be amazed at the level of sycophantic support within certain offices that would have to be in place that not once did they question if that specific language of Defund the Police was a good idea for a slogan. It was a total self-own.

Fox did use it as a talking point sure, and broadly generalized all Democrats as being supportive, also true, but they didn't invent Defund the Police out of whole cloth as a perjorative just because some Democrats wanted to do meaningful things like end the war on drugs. Nope, they led with that slogan themselves and then had to retreat when they realized it was wildly unpopular.
Facts.

The specious aspect of politics is the worst part.

The way Blue is acting right now, as though they didn't stoke the fires of bleeding heart rage, is the reason. Trump got elected.

They doubled down on the 'basket of deplorables' narrative and congratulations. Shillery lost the most winnable election in the past 50 years.

One way or another, if Blue doesn't get their act together on all the trash fires they contributed to, there's gonna a be a lot of Red in the streets.

One way or another.

And I'd rather not.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder what support is for the slogan of "Fuck the Police".

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Republicans ran against the slogan of "Defund the police" while also running on blocking additional police funding.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
"Demilitarize the police" would've been a less retarded slogan but the gender studies professors on Twitter who yell the loudest don't put any actual thought in to how stupid they look/sound to the rest of the world.

Police forces, especially in rural and suburban areas, should be required to dramatically increase salaries and pension and decrease the amount of money spent on firepower that they'll never use or need. Maybe then they'll actually get someone other than people unqualified for military service and manlets looking to get back at the world for being bullied in high school.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Social media shaped the sick voyeur culture that makes for a world where everyone is craving viral exposure so much that they'll film a woman getting raped on a train for 40 minutes.

It was a cop that stopped it after the train operator called 911.

But ALL cops are bastards.

Fuck off with that childish nonsense. I have no time for dehumanizing trendy social media slogans like this.

If there was ever a group that deserved to get boots put to them, its these cocksuckers.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
its the woke movement now ! is the blm movement still happening ?

also why is everyone hating on dave chappelle ?

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Those areas that did actually defund the police (in the literal sense) have set the examples why that isn't the way to do things. It would be great if the demilitarisation happened. We don't need SWAT teams wearing desert camo hanging around outside of hockey arenas in the middle of winter and directing traffic. Also could do away with having black police cars with black text put onto them. There are definiately things that could make everyone happy without going to the extreme of getting rid of them entirely.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Because he made a joke about the transgender community, and as usual, they didn't enjoy it.
Because the trans mafia on Twitter doesn't enjoy anything except shaming people into killing themselves.

Caitlin Jenner, the woman of the year that the shitlib media celebrated, has recently come out as a conservative that fully supports notorious TERF and white supremacist Dave Chapelle's right to say and feel what he wants.

Guess they're all deplorables.

At least they didn't melt down over Blue talking points for four years and then accidentally shoot someone.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Facts.

The specious aspect of politics is the worst part.

The way Blue is acting right now, as though they didn't stoke the fires of bleeding heart rage, is the reason. Trump got elected.

They doubled down on the 'basket of deplorables' narrative and congratulations. Shillery lost the most winnable election in the past 50 years.

One way or another, if Blue doesn't get their act together on all the trash fires they contributed to, there's gonna a be a lot of Red in the streets.

One way or another.

And I'd rather not.
I really don't think that "stoking the fires of bleeding heart rage" is the reason Trump got elected. And I don't think the "deplorables" talk is what led to Hillary's (embarrassing as fuck) loss. This stinks of "both sides are terrible" and is a weird mix of BigBear and Livejournal posting. You're shit-talking social media users, yet you're using phrases like "trash fire," "shitlib," "TERF," and "shit-tier," and stuff like "If there was ever a group that deserved to get boots put to them, its these cocksuckers." is not helpful. I think you're a great member and have a good brain, but I've noticed your posts going a little sideways the past several months. You're in a way claiming to be immune to the effects of social media, but your aggression and hatred are noticeably on the up-tick.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I really don't think that "stoking the fires of bleeding heart rage" is the reason Trump got elected. And I don't think the "deplorables" talk is what led to Hillary's (embarrassing as fuck) loss. This stinks of "both sides are terrible" and is a weird mix of BigBear and Livejournal posting. You're shit-talking social media users, yet you're using phrases like "trash fire," "shitlib," "TERF," and "shit-tier," and stuff like "If there was ever a group that deserved to get boots put to them, its these cocksuckers." is not helpful. I think you're a great member and have a good brain, but I've noticed your posts going a little sideways the past several months. You're in a way claiming to be immune to the effects of social media, but your aggression and hatred are noticeably on the up-tick.
Maybe it's more that now, more than ever, I really am just owning who I am.

Lemme clue you in on sonething.

I cut my teeth on this place and gave it years of my life. Contributing to the site with reviews, giveaways, GENERALLY being productive in this 'community' (another buzzword I hate) and trying to give people something to read.

When I say I'm 'immune' to social media, I mean that in the sense that I'm not about to engage with these twats.

I've long considered this place the bastion to which I can return on the internet.

But I'm old now.

And I'm tired.

But make no mistake.

What you think of my sudden anger?

Right now?

Not worth the time to consider.

I'm speaking what I believe.

We don't have to agree on stuff.

It's okay for people to be mad.

I'm mad about trash fires on the internet

You're making it personal.

Don't.