Defund the Police is dead. Don’t even entertain it

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Maybe it's more that now, more than ever, I really am just owning who I am.

Lemme clue you in on sonething.

I cut my teeth on this place and gave it years of my life. Contributing to the site with reviews, giveaways, GENERALLY being productive in this 'community' (another buzzword I hate) and trying to give people something to read.

When I say I'm 'immune' to social media, I mean that in the sense that I'm not about to engage with these twats.

I've long considered this place the bastion to which I can return on the internet.

But I'm old now.

And I'm tired.

But make no mistake.

What you think of my sudden anger?

Right now?

Not worth the time to consider.

I'm speaking what I believe.

We don't have to agree on stuff.

It's okay for people to be mad.

I'm mad about trash fires on the internet

You're making it personal.

Don't.

Just don't.
My intention isn't to make it personal - reread my post. It's not an attack. It's an observation and I know it's hard to tell when it's just text, but there's an undertone of concern to it. I'm sorry for your family situation. You're allowed to be angry. The way you channel that anger is up to you. I don't think this type of anger has to be "productive," and since it's taking place here, you're essentially screaming into the void. My unsolicited advice would be to try to avoid letting it spill over to more public areas where it would be counterproductive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My intention isn't to make it personal - reread my post. It's not an attack. It's an observation and I know it's hard to tell when it's just text, but there's an undertone of concern to it. I'm sorry for your family situation. You're allowed to be angry. The way you channel that anger is up to you. I don't think this type of anger has to be "productive," and since it's taking place here, you're essentially screaming into the void. My unsolicited advice would be to try to avoid letting it spill over to more public areas where it would be counterproductive.
Look I'm going to take a deep breath and say thank you for your concern.

Also, I've been at this 20 years.

50 in the real world.

Have a little faith.

EDIT: Fearing I'm not channeling it productively IRL is not really fair.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
My sincere condolences for your situation, Taiso. I know that means fuck all coming from a rando on the internet but no one deserves that shit. Hang in there. We'll be here when you need to vent.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My sincere condolences for your situation, Taiso. I know that means fuck all coming from a rando on the internet but no one deserves that shit. Hang in there. We'll be here when you need to vent.
Thanks.

Bigger thread coming.

On with the discussion at hand.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Hillary lost because she ran a piss-poor campaign (essentially the prevent defense of electoral campaigns), had 25 years of media demonization working against her which drove out an otherwise unenthusiastic Republican vote and Trump ran a populist campaign that brought out a small population of otherwise apathetic voters who wanted to thumb their nose at the system. The "deplorables" stuff is a fun media narrative but the people who engage in social justice bullshit (in either direction) is a vocal minority.

Hillary was everything the public hates about establishment politicians and she still won the popular vote by 2 points.

fake

15 Year Member
I’ve seen no mention in this thread of four year law enforcement degrees.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
The usa is not ready for a woman to be president . canada is getting closer with justine

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think America is ready for a woman. The problem isn’t gender. Obviously when one team has a good female candidate, the other team may go low on gender dog whistling.

Hillary didn’t simply lose because her campaign was poorly run. There’s a spectrum: repudiated obligations if super delegates, stacked local govts, a stacked gop scotus, and yeah, Hillary didn’t campaign in states she assumed incorrectly to have, and she didn’t understand that social media could help or kill her (yet Trump’s people did). But it wasn’t because she was a woman. If the GOP wanted to, they could put a woman in the White House any time.

It’s probably more an issue of seniority and how many voters one can pull for who gets to run.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hillary Clinton shouldn't have called those people deplorable. She should have called them degenerates. Because that is what those people that she named are.

Sorry if some feelings were hurt.
Cry me a river snowflakes.

No wait... .. Fuck your feelings.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Hillary Clinton shouldn't have called those people deplorable. She should have called them degenerates. Because that is what those people that she named are.

Sorry if some feelings were hurt.
Cry me a river snowflakes.

No wait... .. Fuck your feelings.
That's the spirit.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hillary lost because she ran a piss-poor campaign (essentially the prevent defense of electoral campaigns), had 25 years of media demonization working against her which drove out an otherwise unenthusiastic Republican vote and Trump ran a populist campaign that brought out a small population of otherwise apathetic voters who wanted to thumb their nose at the system. The "deplorables" stuff is a fun media narrative but the people who engage in social justice bullshit (in either direction) is a vocal minority.

That and people being completely blind as to how bad of a president Trump could be.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Transgender isn't a community. Neither is LGTBQ+

I don't know how things are now, but I do remember a time where every city had one or more actual geographical neighborhoodd where gay people congregated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That and people being completely blind as to how bad of a president Trump could be.
Let’s also ignore superdelegate dereliction of duty, and that Facebook provided the Trump team with a Facebook engineer who helped them with their creatives for maximum reach. (They offered this to Hillary too, but her team rejected the offer)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't understand what superdelegate dereliction of duty means.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was genuinely shocked that people wept when Hilary lost. I still, to this day, think those people were and/or are delusional. Absolutely delusional.

Trump was a dumpster fire, but you're going to cry when your horse lost the race? Fuck you.

Hillary didn't give a shit about you and as said above represented every terrible establishment politician.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm guilty of defunding the police. I've been buying more robot, dinosaur, and princess building block sets than law enforcement lately. I guess I just feel that they could build sexier and more efficient crimefighting equipment with the bricks that they already have instead of me buying them yet another new police station or paddy wagon (only SpongeBob SquarePants truly understands that said vehicles should be full of Krabby Patties, not criminals). I guess what I'm saying here is that we need to stop censoring Cookie Crisp cereal--it was always just about the honest cop trying his best to thwart the thief stealing your box of sugar masquerading as a healthy breakfast, not politics. And what do we have now? A wolf that likes cookies on the box. I get it. Canines like cookies, but, they also eat cat shit out of litter boxes. Is that the message we want to impart to our children? I think so. Sometimes, we have to chew on clay encrusted feces to appreciate the Bojangles in our lives.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Whatever you're all a buch of bootlickers.
Everyone understood last year what it was about even though it had a horrible name.
First half of this thread was pretty horrible.

There's a criminal justice & policing problem in this country.
If you don't see it you must be the one who lives in an ivory tower or an ostrich with it's head in the sand.

fake

15 Year Member
I was genuinely shocked that people wept when Hilary lost. I still, to this day, think those people were and/or are delusional. Absolutely delusional.

Trump was a dumpster fire, but you're going to cry when your horse lost the race? Fuck you.

Hillary didn't give a shit about you and as said above represented every terrible establishment politician.
I don't think people were necessary upset that they "lost." I think they were upset that a chauvinist pussy grabbing racist TV game show host had become president, what that implied about the voting public, and what the outcomes of his impulsive mind would be.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Whatever you're all a buch of bootlickers.
Everyone understood last year what it was about even though it had a horrible name.
First half of this thread was pretty horrible.

There's a criminal justice & policing problem in this country.
If you don't see it you must be the one who lives in an ivory tower or an ostrich with it's head in the sand.
This comes off as body dysmorphia. Hyper sensitivity to the blemishes will lead us to cut off our noses to spite our face.

we can address the problems of police brutality in other ways. And by the looks of things, cops are quitting anyways because of mask or vaccine mandates. So the shittiest morons of the force will be out of a job. Just make sure to replace them with more intelligent and evolved candidates.