Death by pollen!

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
It's almost March and as our US brothers are still struggling with snow and ice, Europe's climate is milder than it's ever been. As a result, trees are waking up early and have collectively decided to release every pollen in their fibers all at once.

It's fucking killing me.

Fuck pollen.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Gets me too, pollen and dust is my kryptonite.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Gets me too, pollen and dust is my kryptonite.

Do you take any meds? I use some generic brand of anti-histaminica but they don't help a lot. When it gets really bad I use ventolin, an inhaler for people with asthma (which I only ever use this time of year) but that's when I'm really struggling.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Exactly the same; generic anti-histamine and Ventolin. I do have mild asthma though so I take it all year round when I need it, which is rare. Dust makes my skin itch too and combined with the hot Australian humidity I am a mess.

Look up Thunderstorm Asthma, that shit is crazy. I was in Melbourne a few years ago when it hit down there. People died.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Exactly the same here :(

Combined with the chesty cough I am struggling to shift atm its really getting me down.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never had any kind of pollen allergy growing up in California, but the pollen in Japan fucks my day. Brutal cold is finally subsiding, and 2 days ago the pollen kicked in. It will last until the blistering heat shows up in a couple months. There are literally about 3 weeks out of the year where it is not some fucking extreme or other in the weather here. It's the only thing I would change.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Mine took three years, but I wasn't that hardcore allergic.
Doctor said it would be a good idea to do it to prevent asthma later.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I use promethazine when shit gets really bad or Cetirizine if I don't want to be knocked out by promethazine. No where near as bad as it used to be though... maybe all this running/cycling I've been doing outside has cured me.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
My ex had an extreme allergy and not even the shot you can get for it helped. Expensive meds neither. She then bought some very cheap meds at the local supermarket Lidl, and they actually work quite well. You might want to try those.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Hate the allergy season big time. Never used to have issues with it until about three years back and now it sucks bad. Being the cheap bastard that I am, I usually buy the low cost allergy medicines since they seem to do the job as well as the high priced name brands...at least for me.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My ex had an extreme allergy and not even the shot you can get for it helped. Expensive meds neither. She then bought some very cheap meds at the local supermarket Lidl, and they actually work quite well. You might want to try those.

The best thing for my pollen allergy is regular Benadryl, easily. Problem is it puts me to sleep so I can't take it during the day. You know, the time of day when I'm outside and really need it.