David Garrett is Jason Young - Relative of Ray Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
In regards to da66e's implications, this is hardly limited to just semantics. One (1) future item being a conversion does not render all stock in the NeoStore, and all stock of the world for that matter according to da66e, bootlegs.

You're right, it doesn't. But you were arguing that you didn't have any bootlegs in stock, which is only because you haven't received the Jockey game from Jason, and also because you already sold completely out of the 161-in-1 bootleg. I mean, it was a silly comment that didn't even warrant a response, especially one splitting hairs over being sold out on one particular bootleg, and having not received the shipment for another batch of bootlegs you're expecting (and even trying to pass JGP off as "conversion").

I don't know. It's kind of a weird thing to even reply to. I did like the Lee Gray news, though.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
UdAjCWe.jpg

pc2b333.jpg

1188017844035_zpsffe15fde.gif

I fucking lolled :D Hard

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I just checked my records, the last conversion was indeed Ganyru produced by !A! in the year 2001. Regardless of your mind being blown or not, my comment about no conversions (JGP AES) being physically in stock still holds true.

Just as an honest wonderment, what do you classify the 161-in-1 if not conversion? (I would say it is/was a conversion of a bootleg and you couldnt possibly get any less... official)
I was honestly very surprised to see it in neostore. That´s like the same as if Nintendo.com was selling flashcart loaded with snes roms or something like that. Truly unexpected.

Last edited:

Shawn

snkusa.com
Ah yes, you're right there. I was trying to think of what MVS only titles were sold on NeoStore as conversions but forgot about the 161 AES being a complex conversion of an MVS only item. Btw, the 161 AES is not in stock either, but it was during chamane's refund campaign and that voids my statement of Ganyru being last MVS converted game.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Ah yes, you're right there. I was trying to think of what MVS only titles were sold on NeoStore as conversions but forgot about the 161 AES being a complex conversion of an MVS only item. Btw, the 161 AES is not in stock either, but it was during chamane's refund campaign and that voids my statement of Ganyru being last MVS converted game.

Does it bother you that I think you sound like Kong Kuwata, AKA Geese Howard's seiyuu/voice actor from the Fatal Fury/KOF games?

...you know, while we're answering dumb questions here.

Jon

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I like that Shawn is posting

I just wish it was outside this thread

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
according to internets, david garret is just an anagram for divagrate r&d.

I don´t know, it probably the name david garret has some meaning but only mr young knows what it is.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When Mike first got his hands on AF3 he called me and said he didn’t like what he saw. Mike has purposely withheld the fact that I asked him to return the game to me and it goes back to the box. Mike refused to return the game and instead send it to John hoping for a more positive second opinion.

You could have stopped the sales from happening. Who cares if Geddon saw the game? You had 5 other copies and you let them all get sold. And in true boiler room fashion, you offered Tonk incentives if he could sell those games at the same prices that Wolf and 8man paid. You can say Tonk was greedy, but you were the one dangling carrots in front of him.

What only a few people know is that I was asked how much I wanted for the game, and my answer was $8000. Mike told me he could sell each one for $30,000+. Of course I had no problems with that number... if Mike believed he could do so, then why not leave everything in his hands?

Tonk has always been very upfront with me about this. At first you were saying you figured $700 was fair. And no one cared. Then you said you figured you should be able to get at least NGF value for KoF 2000. No one cared. You then said you figured that these could get what Shawn sold KE and U11 to Wolf for, and Tonk said maybe that would work with your AF3, assuming it was real. Your problem was getting a middle man to work with you on a lower number. It wasn't worth anyone's time and it would have been too suspicious if the margin was too high. Post the emails you sent to Shawn when you were asking him to be your middleman. Was Shawn the only other potential middleman that you sought out? Let's hear who all you solicited, and how much money you were talking about.

Thirdly, Mike, You claim to be close friends with the buyers. The phone calls I had with them after you ran and hid under your bed says otherwise. Besides, if you were a true friend then you shouldn’t have a problem giving back everything you took from your “friends”. Let get this straight, You’re not a victim. Never have and will never be.
The only way you can prove that he's not a victim is by proving that he knew that the games were fake, and that you were both trying to sell them as real knowing that they were fake.

If the games are real, then the only victims are you and Tonk.
If the games are fake, and Tonk didn't know, he's a victim, as well as all the buyers.

It's that simple. You can't have the games be real and Tonk not be a victim. Which way are you going dance on this issue?

zoogelio

n00b
Of the 12 (dozen) exclusive English AES releases that were distributed solely through the NeoStore, those releases were sold/shipped/delivered to the NeoStore and no one else. The Japanese versions were available to all retailers. English versions were discontinued until the NeoStore made a special request for English copies to be produced, starting with Metal Slug 3 AES. 800 copies was the combination of all of the world’s English SVC Chaos AES that were produced + the Japanese copies of SVC Chaos that the NeoStore purchased. I was asked not to reveal production quantities but I can tell you the following:

• There were a total of 800 pieces of SVC Chaos AES purchased from SNKP by the NeoStore.
  • The quantity of Japanese SVC Chaos AES produced is > the quantity of English SVC Chaos AES produced.
  • The quantity of English SVC Chaos AES produced is < 800 pieces.
  • The NeoStore purchased less quantity of Japanese SVC Chaos AES than of English SVC Chaos AES.
  • All copies of English SVC Chaos that were produced were sold and delivered to the NeoStore and no one else.
  • Any retailer/distributer that SNKP was willing to deal with could order the Japanese version of SVC Chaos directly from SNKP.
  • Any retailer/distributer that wanted the English version of SVC Chaos AES, could not order directly from SNKP, they were referred to the NeStore.

Just noticed this topic. I read up on the Neo Store releases a few years ago, how many were released, etc, looked at caches of the various game's pages to see when each game sold out, curious about this part of video game history. Do you have records of when the final copy of each game was sold out?

Based on those cached pages and searching the forum archives for topics mentioning sellouts, this is the best I can tell when Neo Store games sold out (English versions):
- Rage of the Dragons 3/16/03
- Metal Slug 3 8/22/03
- Metal Slug 4 1/19/04
- Metal Slug 5 3/27/04
- Sengoku 3 7/10/04
- King of Fighters 2003 1/06~5/06
- Samurai Shodown V Special 12/06~2/07 unfixed, 10/07~12/07 fixed
- Samurai Shodown V 10/08~12/08
- King of Fighters 2001 4/09~9/10
- King of Fighters 2002 after 9/10
- Matrimelee after 9/10
- Wasn't clear about SVC Chaos based on cached pages (before this topic's comments).

I understand you don't want to reveal the exact production numbers because of the agreement, but can you answer this- Your comments suggest SVC Chaos (English) had 401~799 copies made. Did SVC Chaos have more English copies (not talking about the Japanese copies you got) than any other Neo Store release? If not, where did it rank in the size of the (English) order (i.e. 2nd, 3rd, etc)? Of the 12 Neo Store games, which had the smallest production run of English carts?

NinSEGA

Banned
Your comments suggest SVC Chaos (English) had 401~799 copies made.

Don't you mean that English SVC Chaos copies had 1-399 copies made?

EDIT: Scratch that, I re-read what Shawn posted.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
I don't think of Germany as being part of Europe.

Infact it is the motor of Europe;)

Greetings from Germany:)

Dont be hatin EU we have much diversity like you in the US. Actually Germany is one of the less interessting countries in EU. Yeah we have all that Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Bosch, Siemens, BMW stuff...but lifestyle sucks so hard.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Infact it is the motor of Europe;)

Greetings from Germany:)

Dont be hatin EU we have much diversity like you in the US. Actually Germany is one of the less interessting countries in EU. Yeah we have all that Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Bosch, Siemens, BMW stuff...but lifestyle sucks so hard.

Not this idiot again. :kekeke:

powerflower

Banned
Yes I know I was an idiot. Lets say circumstances (self-inflicted) were not good. But this time I mean it :) People can change, you know? Better than beeing an idiot the whole life.

Greets

Last edited:

Energy

n00b
So if the game say is about 90% fake, I'll buy it with a 90% discount? $2,500 Let me know as I have paypal ready

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Are you for fucking real? Go spend that money on psychiatric treatment instead.

Well I thought my offer was quite sensible, but I rather get mouth cancer than spend 25k on a fake game. I still stand on my 2.5k offer if any of the buyers want to sell me it

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sure no prob. Send your payment this way. Paypal gift of course. XD

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Did we really need to get THAT thread back up from it's grave?

Status
Not open for further replies.