Darkstalkers/Vampire Love Thread

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
5A5084C8-FE9D-40F1-A5DA-836CDE3A1D02_zpsvmmv3yso.jpg

96CD8BE1-88E7-43FA-9CFB-B8E211CAE0E4.png_zpsaagntsel.jpeg

Thats sad in a way, its close but not quite as bad as the mentality of those freak shows done in the late 19th century. "Look look! We have a hermaphrodite! Come see our game! Aren't we cool!"

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Thats sad in a way, its close but not quite as bad as the mentality of those freak shows done in the late 19th century. "Look look! We have a hermaphrodite! Come see our game! Aren't we cool!"

The term these days is Intersex. The conditions are much more common than most believe.

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births

Klinefelter (XXY) one in 1,000 births

Androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 13,000 births

Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 130,000 births

Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia one in 13,000 births

Late onset adrenal hyperplasia one in 66 individuals

Vaginal agenesis one in 6,000 births

Ovotestes one in 83,000 births

Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause) one in 110,000 births

Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother) no estimate

5 alpha reductase deficiency no estimate

Mixed gonadal dysgenesis no estimate

Complete gonadal dysgenesis one in 150,000 births

Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft) one in 2,000 births

Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis) one in 770 births

Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female one in 100 births

Total number of people receiving surgery to "normalize" genital appearance one or two in 1,000 births

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i have one or more of those endocrine disorders

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The term these days is Intersex. The conditions are much more common than most believe....

I was mostly commenting that Lilith's gender neither adds or removes anything from the character, and making Lilith intersex simply to be "progressive" is not the right motivation. There are some decent examples of similar characters:

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin explores themes of gender, and a alien species that only gains gender characteristics at certain times, and they can be mother and father during different periods of their life.

Mystique is a bit of a mixed bag, Claremont wrote the best material for her, and he originally planned Mystique to be Nightcrawlers father, not for some progressive thing, simply because he wanted her lover Irene to be Nightcrawler's mother. Marvel kiboshed it.

As for the topic:

I'm so far liking Felica, still a n00b learning the game, but I like it so far. (I have it on PS3)

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I was mostly commenting that Lilith's gender neither adds or removes anything from the character, and making Lilith intersex simply to be "progressive" is not the right motivation. There are some decent examples of similar characters:

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin explores themes of gender, and a alien species that only gains gender characteristics at certain times, and they can be mother and father during different periods of their life.

Mystique is a bit of a mixed bag, Claremont wrote the best material for her, and he originally planned Mystique to be Nightcrawlers father, not for some progressive thing, simply because he wanted her lover Irene to be Nightcrawler's mother. Marvel kiboshed it.

As for the topic:

I'm so far liking Felica, still a n00b learning the game, but I like it so far. (I have it on PS3)

Well, think of Poison. Capcom Made poison & Roxy transsexuals because they didn't want to give off the image of violence towards women. Ok...great, beating up a trans woman I guess was OK to them. Well as time went on, they kept her transgender status, and it's rad to have a trans character in gaming to relate to regardless of her origins. Although, I'm sure lots of trans gals don't like her lack of clothing, but it doesn't bother me one bit.

If Capcom wanted an Intersex character for any reason, I say go for it.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I think the desire to make Lilith "intersex" is bunk and has more to do with androgyny crossing over from the 80s and Japan's fascination with sexualizing underdeveloped children. She's not boyish in the least save for a short haircut and a flat chest. Mostly everything else I would think is within the sexual imaginations of the developers. She's intended to contrast Morrigan who is clearly adult and more than developed. I just don't buy that there was any weird progressive intersex intentions even if Capcom employees are wording it that way ambiguously

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I think the desire to make Lilith "intersex" is bunk and has more to do with androgyny crossing over from the 80s and Japan's fascination with sexualizing underdeveloped children. She's not boyish in the least save for a short haircut and a flat chest. Mostly everything else I would think is within the sexual imaginations of the developers. She's intended to contrast Morrigan who is clearly adult and more than developed. I just don't buy that there was any weird progressive intersex intentions even if Capcom employees are wording it that way ambiguously

Lilith and Morrigan split souls, I don't see her any younger than Morrigan considering her tall height. She's a flat chested anime gal, not a loli. We're both adults that are rather flat, mind you.

Lilith is my main, I don't see her as inferior to Morrigan.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
For the sake of argument, I just popped my official Darkstalkers 3 disc in my PC and ripped this official art. When you compare Liilith and Morrigan they are the same height, same size feet, hands etc. only difference is hair length, chest size and color sceme. I don't view Lilith as some little kid.
B0C7CC05-B374-4DDB-8811-8DA83AF122BE_zpsqw0dptda.png

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I don't see her as a child or inferior to Morrigan-- I never said that at all-- but I think the element of design, especially considering her personality, comes from a more underdeveloped childlike archetype rather than one that has any real relevance to unconventional gender/sex dispositions even though its very easy and suiting to give Lilith a penis. I also don't think you and I being flat chested adult women has any bearing on this because, well, this is the real world and I don't think there was any real trans relevance to their duality to begin with. Morrigan is supposed to be the forefront of their soul, so she's portrayed as the developed, healthy, traditionally beautiful one whereas Lilith is somewhat of a bastard, and I think their eventual actualized equality speaks worlds about the ethereal "relationship" they eternally have with one another.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome! I love Lilith so much, I still try to figure out her rhythm super, I'm lost on that's shit but I love it! Specially her outfit. Both her supers are awesome and I prefer her "hurricane kick" over Morrigan's drilling kick (same move).

We should play this more on fightcade, that video just gave me some ideas, bwa ha ha ha!

Edit: I've always love both and thought of Lilith as a younger morrigan, more light hearted (obviously), I took her as the opposite of Morrigan as she is a seductress, Lilith was more of a beautiful beacon of joy. This may seem dumb but I felt that it was morrigan without the seduction, just her inner emotions...thus the lack of development on her breasts, taking away that sense of seduction giving way to her inner spirit, 'cause inside, Morrigan is a sweet girl, she might be a temptress but deep down there is a joyful soul...ready to be tamed, bwa ha ha ha!

Edit2: I never thought of genders at all while thinking of Poison and Lilith, always saw them as females. That's my perception, that's how it will always be for me regardless who said or what, or who wanted to convey certain ideas. Beauty and perception are always in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I took her as the opposite of Morrigan as she is a seductress, Lilith was more of a beautiful beacon of joy.
I'd say 80% of Lilith's win lines are EXTREMELY sexual. From infering that an opponent's dick tickled because it wasn't big enough, to commenting about a penis going flaccid and wilting like a flower because she's never seen it before. Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but really look at all of Lilith's win lines side by side and you'll see a pattern that is hard to ignore.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
2016-04-01_zpszsc1y0sx.jpg

i am in a Darkstalkers fever in the last couple of months, these are the games i got so far in my collection. I also bought Darkstalkers Resurrection digitally this month to give Capcom my money. Please give Capcom your money.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'd say 80% of Lilith's win lines are EXTREMELY sexual. From infering that an opponent's dick tickled because it wasn't big enough, to commenting about a penis going flaccid and wilting like a flower because she's never seen it before. Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but really look at all of Lilith's win lines side by side and you'll see a pattern that is hard to ignore.

they're uncontrollably excitable and less calculated. like a preteen's attitude towards sex. thats what makes her special tho

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
We should play this more on fightcade, that video just gave me some ideas, bwa ha ha ha!

No! No more insanely long corner combos please :(

Lillith always came off to me as the more childlike naive character compared to Morrigan, rather than an overtly sexual character.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Lillith always came off to me as the more childlike naive character compared to Morrigan, rather than an overtly sexual character.

IDK, here's some Lilith win lines:

"I like pain, because it turns into pleasure gradually."

"You're so passionate! You're going to consume me!"

"I've never experienced this before but... it feels great!"

"Oh no... why do I feel so... so hot?"

"Stop, that tickles! That's not enough to satisfy me."

"Why did you stop? I'm not satisfied yet!"

"How strange... It's wilting... Ha! Ha!"