Darksoft's CPS3 SuperBios Cart conversion service(MuLtI-GaMe)+Standard SH2 cart conversion

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted pre-release at the behest of Darksoft.

I have been working with Darksoft on this project (as well as some others to be released in the future) so I guess I am the official source for these services in the USA. ;)

See his blog for details: http://64darksoft.blogspot.com/

There are two services being offered here:

1. Convert any CPS3 cartridge into the Darksoft's CPS3 SuperBios Multi-Game cart.

$55 return shipped in the USA

2. Convert your cartridge to use a standard SH2 processor rather than the custom SH2 currently installed. Read below for details!

$150 swapped plus return ship (details below)

The SuperBios allows you to load any game directly from a SINGLE CD. It will also allow you to choose which region of the game you want to play every time you boot the game! As a cool side feature, you can also boot into the NoCD version of the game and play (CD still required to boot). There are two versions of this bios being released.

The normal version will work on ANY cart out there right now. It works with the custom SH2 that Capcom installed on the carts and uses the Custom CPS3 ISO made by Darksoft to load the games.

The SH2 version will work on any cart converted to use a standard SH2 chip rather than the custom chip in the carts originally. What is the advantage of using a standard SH2 you ask? Well, because no encryption tables are needed so the games will run 100% as Capcom intended!! This version will also require a special SH2 ISO to load each game. (All games on one disk)

For the normal version you simply send me your cart and will reprogram the bios chip and send it back to you with a CD-R of the ISO for $55 return shipped in the USA.

I will also be offering a service to swap SH2 chips. This service will also include the reprogrammed SuperBios. Due to the delicate nature of the solderwork needed to swap an SH2 chip, I will be doing this as a fee plus swap. I will have a cart already done and ready to go. The cost is $150 PLUS your cart. As soon as I receive your cart I will ship the already prepared SH2 cart back out to you.

I am doing it this way to ensure that nothing "goes wrong" with your cart during soldering (the tiny pads are easily burned off). So if your cart gets damaged during the process, my loss, not yours. :) This will also decrease the turnaround time.

If you want an SH2 conversion, simply PM me and I will prepare one for you ahead of time.

All that is required for you to use this setup is a CPS3 motherboard with enough SIMMs to run Third Strike and a CD drive to load the games.

NOTE: CURRENTLY THE CD FOR THESE BIOS ARE BOTH IN BETA STAGE. YOU WILL BE SENT A BETA DISK. NEITHER PLAYS ALL 6 GAMES YET. ONCE THE ISOS ARE COMPLETED YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND BURN A NEW CD.

2dslgsw.jpg

2d0z9ub.jpg

1tlv7d.jpg

Last edited:

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Count me in for this service. I have a 2nd impact cart that I would love to swap out for one of the standard sh2 carts. I also have a jojo:HftF that I need to get the battery swapped out on. I will PM you when I am back from my vacation in regards to the matter.

Boss soldering skills here.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in for this service. I have a 2nd impact cart that I would love to swap out for one of the standard sh2 carts. I also have a jojo:HftF that I need to get the battery swapped out on. I will PM you when I am back from my vacation in regards to the matter.

Boss soldering skills here.

I'll be waiting for your message.

And yeah, that solder job is not easy and takes patience. But I get better every time. Soon my work will look very pretty. LOL.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Definitely an awesome development in the CPS3 scene. Great work Mits and Darksoft.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely an awesome development in the CPS3 scene. Great work Mits and Darksoft.

Darksoft did all the real work and programming, of course. I just do the testing and soldering. He gets all the credit. Feels strange when people give me credit. :P

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Awesome. I had seen there had been progress recently -- glad it's finally available.

I never got into CPS3 because of the possibility of dead, non-resurrectable carts. Perhaps it's time.

antron

n00b
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ignore, question answered. (older darksoft carts need to be sent in to be upgraded to the multi bios)

Last edited:

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Guess it's time to hunt down a cps3 setup and get the conversion done. Nice work to all people involved!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
This is the best Capcom arcade news since CPS2 became phoenix-able, maybe the best Capcom news ever! Congrats to Darksoft, and thanks to Mitsurugi-W!

One question - In a practical sense, will the SH2 replacement have any noticeable effect on how the games play, sound, or look?

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One question - In a practical sense, will the SH2 replacement have any noticeable effect on how the games play, sound, or look?

Probably not. Maybe the hardcore competition player will notice. The SH2 option will definitely be for the serious, hardcore player. Dark was originally thinking about making a version that used the original Capcom CDs but it now looks like that will not happen. Too much work for probably just a handful of purists.

You see, the beauty of using a standard SH2 is that the decryption tables used to play these games without an original working cart are not needed. So the game loads onto the CD and plays perfectly. But a lot of testing went into making the tables by the community over the last year and they are pretty good.

The SH2 ISO will support all games before the normal version ISO for the reason listed above. Jojo and Warzard aren't playable yet on the normal version (a new ISO will be available soon) but will be playable from day one on the SH2 version.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Is it possible in the future to have access to Developer Mode?

I know both Jojo's Have it as a region option.

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible in the future to have access to Developer Mode?

I know both Jojo's Have it as a region option.

I can't speak for Darksoft but my guess will be probably not. But this version does implement a modified version of the 2nd Impact secret service menu. As far as CPS3 goes, he is considering doing a NoCD version of these bios (not committed) and if he does that will probably be the last development in the scene. Now is probably the time to act because it most likely won't get any better than this!! :)

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put together a few more SH2 carts tonight. One is claimed already. Anyone else want one from this batch?

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I put together a few more SH2 carts tonight. One is claimed already. Anyone else want one from this batch?

I'm after a cart, I have one problem. My only cart is a working red earth, I'd rather not kill it to get a Phoenix custom cart. Can I buy a dead cart from you? Pm me or let me know, I'm super interested!

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm after a cart, I have one problem. My only cart is a working red earth, I'd rather not kill it to get a Phoenix custom cart. Can I buy a dead cart from you? Pm me or let me know, I'm super interested!

I only have a few carts right now so I can't sell outright. I really need a cart swap to keep the rotation going. I'll let you know if I find some extras or just let me know if you come across one.

Piafoman

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Can you realise this operation for a man live to France ?
2. Convert your cartridge to use a standard SH2 processor rather than the custom SH2 currently installed. Read below for details!

Thanks.
Eric