Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
For the survival clear, that’s right, I only wanted 2 full sets for as long as possible. For score play I’m no pro, but around 20 million is my personal best, a far cry from A perfect run which results in a counter-stop (99,999,999). For my score runs, it’s important to get as many full sets INCLUDING shields before stage 4 (also need 4+ bombs in stock). By using magic against the treasure chests they each give you an item you are missing, so that section you can complete a number of sets, my best is around x10 multiplier there. Then the possessed chests EACH release Legend Shields if you have complete shields and 4+ bombs, so you get a million points for each of those secret items (100K X10multiplier). Stage 4 alone has so many Secret Items, I try to get nearly 10million in that stage alone.

There is even an expert method I’m unable to pull off that involves having ALL the basic sets complete before the chests, and EVERY one releases a Secret Item that you don’t have yet. By the second group of chests, a pro is pushing 50-60million iirc. Those routes do involve skipping a fair number of secret items during their regular sections of appearance because they just end up with collecting them the method I just described. A comparable situation for me might be avoiding the secret stone that the stage 1 boss has, in order to start stage 2 with a higher level magic charge if I know I want to get some specific axes from the first wave of enemies.
So getting certain items lowers your magic? Didn't know that. Man, this game is DEEP

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
So getting certain items lowers your magic? Didn't know that. Man, this game is DEEP

No, what I meant was that if you spend a fully charged magic to finish a boss off to get the secret item, then you won’t be able to start the next stage with a full meter.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
No, what I meant was that if you spend a fully charged magic to finish a boss off to get the secret item, then you won’t be able to start the next stage with a full meter.
Ok. That makes sense. Same tactic like in Deathsmiles. Basically have to know when to use and when to conserve. Is there a standard strategy that the pros use?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Sonic Wings Collection
The Streetpass shooter game (forgot it's name)
Strikers 1945 +

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Crimzon Clover, I can't stress how amazing this game is. I want to play it on a cab soooooooooooooo bad.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Crimzon Clover, I can't stress how amazing this game is. I want to play it on a cab soooooooooooooo bad.

Get the latest multidrive from Joerg and an X2. I had it running that way in my BURASUTOSHITI and it was pure sex.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I have about 10 more games I’m determined to beat before letting myself go there. Still unsure if I’ll go the PC or X2 route, but I got a while before I need to make a decision.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I just got Ikaruga up and running on my NAOMI so I am going to be putting a little time into that...

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm currently playing Radiant Silvergun on Sega Saturn.
While I remember this game getting rave reviews in magazines back when it came out, I was never able to play it back then.

And now I know what all the hype was about.
I still suck balls but I'm enjoying the visuals and all the bosses. So many bosses it's awesome.
The saturn pad feels real good while playing this. Almost every button is assigned to a different weapon and it's so easy to switch between them.
Music is good so far but it doesn't stand out as much to me.

Anybody got any tips or strategies for this game?
So far I am improving with every play through but any help would be appreciated.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Anybody got any tips or strategies for this game?

The first rule of Radiant Silvergun is chaining.

The second rule of Radiant Silvergun is C H A I N I N G !

The third rule is... well, you get the point.

Sissy Yellows are score-wise best, bolshevik reds are the most common though. Try scooping them first, ASAP. Makes you feel like you're in a John Milius flick ;). Have fun...

milius.jpg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i my self play a lot of soukyugurentai for the saturn. and finally finished sengoku blaede with all the characters thinking something special would happen because a mark appears on a character that the game has been completed with on the character select screen.now that i'v completed the game with all he characters,i believe that i can safely say that nothing has happened.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
which version?.i have both the saturn versions and can easily say that they are in my top five shooters for the system.

I am playing the arcade PCB...I got a killer deal on it from a fellow member.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice one.no port is better then the original.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Shock Troopers and Metal Slug X on the mvs cabinet. I also picked up Blazing Star for my phone which proves to be pretty fun with that auto shoot mode. On screen controls really suck the life out of that otherwise great port.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Einhander, pulstar, harmfull park and axelay, and i'm sucking at all of them to various degrees, einhander is my best effort, i've managed to get to the 5th boss (the one on the skewed platform) on 1 continue. My worse......fucking pulstar, i don't know why i bother playing it.
I don't remember axelay being this hard as well, come back and bitten me on the arse after shooting my mouth off in an earlier post saying how easy it is, the years have not been kind, the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.
I'm close to going back to checkers and dominos, ain't a forum here for them by any chance.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Einhander, pulstar, harmfull park and axelay, and i'm sucking at all of them to various degrees, einhander is my best effort, i've managed to get to the 5th boss (the one on the skewed platform) on 1 continue. My worse......fucking pulstar, i don't know why i bother playing it.
I don't remember axelay being this hard as well, come back and bitten me on the arse after shooting my mouth off in an earlier post saying how easy it is, the years have not been kind, the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.
I'm close to going back to checkers and dominos, ain't a forum here for them by any chance.

Man I've always enjoyed Einhander, still got my original copy ( I didnt keep many PSX games). Harmful park also a fun title but I never got bit by the Axelay Bug.

Currently playing the new MVS pick ups
Blazing Star and Strikers 1945

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I got a real soft spot for blazing star final boss and have completed it many times but only emulated, never on proper neo hardware. Strikers is a great game as well played the ps1 version and had a blast with it
Still got my original copy of einhander too, was never released over here in the uk, i bought it years ago and have treasured it ever since it's a classy shooter with a thumping soundtrack, starting to look a bit dated but the gameplay is tight, no slouch in the difficulty stakes either, it's a solid challenge.