Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
1CC'd I guess Air Raid by Seibu Kaihatsu tonight at a NYE party. My friend who hosts the party has a few PCB's, but has some oddities like Air Raid and Ninja Emaki. Gave me some great Engrish at one point which it then seemed to roll over.

Air Raid 1CC.jpgAir Raid 2.jpgAir Raid Title.jpg

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Razion! Liking it more and more now that I'm coming to grips with the speed and strategy.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
have been playing X Multiply (PSX AG port) every night this week. the game is awesome!
though I've yet to get passed level 3 (haha)

SLPS01267front.jpg

DeusVult

Another Striker
still on gigawing 2.

recently picked up a blue elf 412-1, had a quick shot of some of the shmups on it, dodonpachi, dimahoo and ESP Ra. De

a lot more shmups on it, seems okay so far for a multi game and they are all vertical....sweet

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Just received Blazing Star MVS cart yesterday, so that's going to be my shooter of choice for a while.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
E.D.F arcade version (Jaleco PCB) on my New Astro City.
The game is classic but I love the musics.

I clear Super EDF on SNES in 1CC years ago and the PCB version is much more difficult to clear but I still love it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Cannon Spike on DC.

Shit is hard. Can hardly eat it 2P on child mode. The targeting system is a little weird.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Cannon Spike on DC.

Shit is hard. Can hardly eat it 2P on child mode. The targeting system is a little weird.

aye, I found the controls tough at first, I didn't realise you could lock on which made it a lot more difficult at first, but it is a enjoyable game

what character do you use, I like Arthur as his close combat attack and special attack are good

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
aye, I found the controls tough at first, I didn't realise you could lock on which made it a lot more difficult at first, but it is a enjoyable game

what character do you use, I like Arthur as his close combat attack and special attack are good

Mega Man or BB Hood. Yeah the lock works half the time, then goes away, so you have to re-lock.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're supposed to target on the fly and there's a point where you loose your target because of distance, c'mon boys I know you can do it.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
You're supposed to target on the fly and there's a point where you loose your target because of distance, c'mon boys I know you can do it.

I will openly admit that shooters are not my strong point. Much less a game with strange mechanics, like Cannon Spike.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's all good brother. I have some genres where I lack fiercely. FPS games, I just can't play them games on a console, give me a keyboard and a mouse and I'm OK but I suck really bad at using the analog sticks for aiming.

Gradius Rebirth
Earth Defense Force
Musha

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Been playing shoot 1up on my Lumia. All three people that own a windows phone besides myself should check it out.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Been playing shoot 1up on my Lumia. All three people that own a windows phone besides myself should check it out.

Is this the same "control a fleet of ships" shmup on Xbox Live indie games? If so, it's excellent there! Cool to hear there's a portable version.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Is this the same "control a fleet of ships" shmup on Xbox Live indie games? If so, it's excellent there! Cool to hear there's a portable version.

Yeah you get more ships and angle them to make a better laser shot. If this is on xbl its a must buy.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
GigaWing 2 and my cab are not playing well together so played Deathsmiles...again.

This isn't the first time i've cleared and it isn't my high...but it is my high on an all; so still a milestones of sorts.

Spoiler:
Vk5HTPJ.jpg

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
R-Type Leo (Arcade)
Darius Twin (Snes)
I love the concept of the Darius games with the space ship fish and all that but they kick my ass real bad lol,I think G-Darius is the most playable in the series and one of my favourite shooters ever.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Been playing Armed Police Batrider on MAME almost non-stop since I discovered the game about a week and a half ago. Love the game, music and learning the quirks of the rank system. Trying to 1CC using Strawman (C), Shorty (B), and Gain (C). Can't get passed the 3rd stage boss yet, but improving.