CvS question: Attn King fans

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't usually play King all that much, but I know how she is supposed to work and can pull a game or two out of my ass every now and then, but I was playing her in CvS and she just sucked. I usually rely on the Trap Shot and her fireballs in KoF, but in CvS the Trap Shot is useless at least against Ken and Ryu. Anyone else notice this? Anyone know how she is meant to be played in CvS or where I can find a King faq with combos and all? Thanks in advance.

Innovator

Cheng's Errand Boy
Actually King is one the better characters in CvS. If the players in your area are smart you'll see a lot of King.

+'s
Crouching Fierce Anti air
Double Strike is the best fireball in CvS
Mad Offensive Abilities with Tornado Kick
Slide Under Some Fireballs
Risk Free Illusion Dance DM when blocked
She's Ratio 1 and they own the game.

Most important CvS lesson: There's strength in numbers.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I pick King almost all the time when I play the game. In addition to what already been stated, I'll add this:

Venom Strike: Well it's a fireball. Nothing really special about it.

Surprise Rose: If you can get the timing down, it's great for hopping over fireballs & nailing the thrower, but if you're slow, you can be uppercutted. Otherwise it's generally fine (& safe) as a regular move, or tied into a combo.

Double Strike: Perfect in close fireball fights or for those who don't suspect/knowof it. Can be risky in long-range ones due to jumping abilities, & is okay for combo finishers.

Trap Shot: Try to catch people off guard with it. Literally walking close up to them and doing it suckers in a fair number of opponents, for me at least. Put it in a combo if you want/can.

Tornado Kick: Is back to the original version, meaning it doesn't leave you nearly as vulnerable as with the vertical one, still works very well in combos, good in close range, also for catching people off guard with it, etc.

DM's: Illusion Dance was already covered, though its range is total shit. Silent Flash is slightly better at sucking in adversaries in CvS than in KoF.

I experience quite a lot of success with her when I play, and she does leave the door open for many good team mates. If you can use Geese, you'll win anyway, so add King to the team and victory shall await you. Otherwise you can try experimenting with what I suggested + some originality on your part and see where it gets you.

They have a tiny strategy for her at kof.fighters.net

Good luck.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Just a little interesting number about King...

In the first Japanese Capcom vs. SNK tournament, three out of the top four finishers all used King. Somehow, the top player won using only Guile & Ryu against a bunch of 3 & 4 character teams but I'm certain that will change.

BTW, Nakoruru is better... with her and Blanka, you should never lose.
wink.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Somehow, the top player won using only Guile & Ryu against a bunch of 3 & 4 character teams but I'm certain that will change.[/B]

Somehow? Come on, these are Capcom's top two, and Capcom made them the rulers of the game they for the most part are. By the way, this was a Dreamcast tournament? I would have thought an arcade tourney would have taken place, but perhaps it already has?

King is just great though. It's no surprise that she's so popular. Nice corner juggles too.