Current Best Mods for AES

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Looking to upgrade my AES from stock to something akin to what KPJ and JMKurtz used to put out..... are they still in the business?

Who does the best mods now?

Thanks..... just getting back into the Neo after a long time away ~7 years.....

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Vt or Charlie.

Rot and Tak do a great job too.

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I bought an AES back in August on eBay that needed repair and the seller didn't have time/want to fix it. From his auction description, I thought it may had been modded by Neotropolis.net, so I opted to buy at a dirt cheap price and sent it to them.

Turns out it wasn't, but they fixed the issues, modded it for component input, and did a really good job fixing it to get it working fantastically.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I bought an AES back in August on eBay that needed repair and the seller didn't have time/want to fix it. From his auction description, I thought it may had been modded by Neotropolis.net, so I opted to buy at a dirt cheap price and sent it to them.

Turns out it wasn't, but they fixed the issues, modded it for component input, and did a really good job fixing it to get it working fantastically.

how was the butt rape?

mccloud5286

Kuroko's Training Dummy
To tell the truth, I didn't care what the cost was. I worked hard to make a bonus to buy a Neo Geo, and like I said, I went off what the description was from the auction and thought they had originally worked on the system.

If you feel that I may have been "butt raped", that is fine. I stand by my choice that I made, because I may not have been as due diligent in doing research. However, I appreciated that they took time out to answer questions and kept me in the loop with all that was going on as there was more than just what the auction said was wrong.

I'd do the exact same thing over again, as I appreciate it when someone you deal with concerning business spends quality time with you in some fashion. If I paid more than I should have, meh. When it comes to be treated in a manner you like, a little extra money spent is not an issue if it doesn't seem exuberant. Just my thought.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
a fool and his money...

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
aes 3-5 with two pro controlers and psu shipped 85. now that's a deal since then i've done unibios & socket, svideo, rca, led reset , over clocking. and repaired a sounding clicking issue.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
aes 3-5 with two pro controlers and psu shipped 85. now that's a deal since then i've done unibios & socket, svideo, rca, led reset , over clocking. and repaired a sounding clicking issue.

I had to pick up my jaw off the floor after reading that incredible deal. :eek:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I recommend Jamma-Nation-X.com (Xian-Xi here) whenever anyone contacts me for mods - great guy and top notch work.

Jeff

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice aes find and brilliant upgrade.All credit.Love that shit..

Last edited: