Creed-a spinoff of Rocky

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So Rocky becomes the trainer for Apollo Creed's son. I think it's a pretty neat concept.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
As a Rocky fanatic, I'm all over this. I'm curious as to the timeline. Shouldn't Apollo's son be the bare minimum of 30 years old? That by itself is kinda weird to start training seriously as a boxer. I'm interested in how they tell this story. I worry if Apollo's son can be likeable and relatable like Rocky was, since Stallone won't be able to carry a movie like this by himself. I mean, I'd like to see Creed 1 - 6 if it's possible.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Stallone was 30 years old in the first Rocky movie (may not necessarily mean Rocky was 30, but that puts him close to that range).

Looking forward to watch this.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm totally down for this movie.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah, this has been in the works for quite a long time actually. Rocky is supposed to be battling cancer, "Adonis" is supposed to be the son of Apollo's from an extramarital affair. He's heard the stories of his father, thinks it's easy to become a professional prize fighter and that he should be one because he's Apollo's son. Rocky meets him, becomes the father figure and trains him. The trailer is really good, Stallone isn't directing it apparently, has very little input into the script but it looks good so far.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The best part of this movie is that it puts an end to the documentary about the music group Creed.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I am sure this is going to be amazing. Stallone's last movies have been great and the Rocky series is one of my favorites. I rewatch them once every year. Can't wait for this (and the new Rambo)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Count me in.

Rocky > Rocky Balboa > Rocky II >> Rocky III > Rocky IV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocky V

I watch the five good Rocky movies at least once a year. I feel like watching Rocky IV right now. Get my montage fix.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Strangely I'm PUMPED UP about this film. Generally I don't care for "yet another sports/boxing/fighting" movie. This will probably be the modern equivalent for this generation of what the original Rocky was.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Count me in.

Rocky > Rocky Balboa > Rocky II >> Rocky III > Rocky IV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocky V

I watch the five good Rocky movies at least once a year. I feel like watching Rocky IV right now. Get my montage fix.

Rocky II > Rocky > Rocky Balboa > Rocky III > Rocky IV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocky V

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Rocky V is awesome, fuck all you haters.

"My ring's outside.."

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Count me in with the Rocky V bandwagon :keke:. I actually like it more than III and IV. Rocky IV is my least favorite.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Was that Wallace and Avon Barksdale?
OK, I'm in with this movie.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I like it. I'm down. Also looking forward to the Antoine Fuqua one with Jake Gyllenhall.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Nice to see some Rocky V fans, while it gets alot of hate, it's started to get more love as years pass. If they have kept the original workprint ending, it probably would have worked much better:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I think it will be a cool movie to check out. Fun fact about Carl (Apollo) he was asked by Stallone for permission to use footage of him in the flashbacks etc in the last rocky movie. Everyone else agreed but him, he said he could but he insisted that he have a part in the movie if he allows him too. Not sure if he never watched the movies but how would it make sense seeing how Apollo died?!? He went ahead and filmed someone who looked like him in a few quick scenes instead and just made the movie anyways.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Count me in with the Rocky V bandwagon :keke:. I actually like it more than III and IV. Rocky IV is my least favorite.

I like Rocky IV more than V, but I don't vilify it V like some people do -- it was a decent movie. However, I do think the concept of Creed's son is compelling and should probably have been used in Rocky V instead of Rocky's own son.

It is what it is though, and without V, there wouldn't be that nice father and son scene in Rocky Balboa.

I think it will be a cool movie to check out. Fun fact about Carl (Apollo) he was asked by Stallone for permission to use footage of him in the flashbacks etc in the last rocky movie. Everyone else agreed but him, he said he could but he insisted that he have a part in the movie if he allows him too. Not sure if he never watched the movies but how would it make sense seeing how Apollo died?!? He went ahead and filmed someone who looked like him in a few quick scenes instead and just made the movie anyways.

Thats exactly what irked me about Rocky Balboa. Apollo could have appeared as a flashback sequence or something and gave some advice or insight or some talk about death and legacy or something. During the movie, I was thinking: "Seriously, Rocky? Apollo was your best bud for ~3 movies and you don't even mention him or think about him once in the whole movie? Come on Rocky..."

I don't remember any scenes with an Apollo stand-in at all though; I'd have to watch it again.

For me, I think III was weakest but had the best theme song.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I like Rocky IV more than V, but I don't vilify it V like some people do -- it was a decent movie. However, I do think the concept of Creed's son is compelling and should probably have been used in Rocky V instead of Rocky's own son.

It is what it is though, and without V, there wouldn't be that nice father and son scene in Rocky Balboa.

Thats exactly what irked me about Rocky Balboa. Apollo could have appeared as a flashback sequence or something and gave some advice or insight or some talk about death and legacy or something. During the movie, I was thinking: "Seriously, Rocky? Apollo was your best bud for ~3 movies and you don't even mention him or think about him once in the whole movie? Come on Rocky..."

I don't remember any scenes with an Apollo stand-in at all though; I'd have to watch it again.

For me, I think III was weakest but had the best theme song.

Yeah it's very brief, found mention of it on the imdb trivia section while doing a Google search. Here is the text:
According to Stallone, Carl Weathers does not appear in the film because Weathers wanted a role in the film, even though his character Apollo Creed had died in ROCKY IV; Stallone refused, so Weathers refused to grant Stallone permission to use archive footage of him. The brief clip of the fight between Rocky and Apollo was recreated using a body double.

I get what your saying though, but he looks so different now then from the original movies I think it would be hard to mask it. Maybe they can reprise him as apollos father and age him further ;-)

I really think this is how they should go about trying to bring back retired franchises (seeing how it's been so overdone over the years). Don't remake the same movie, but tap into story and focus on new characters with their own stories. That's not guarantee to make a great movie but then at least I'm not watching the exact same sort again (got stuck watching the Charlie and the chocolate factory remake this week, which gene wilders version btw was still better even without the millions spent on special fx).