CPS3 Warzard Freezing [FIXED]

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
Just got Warzard installed on my motherboard, previously working fine with NG, and have had an issue with the game constantly freezing.

It doesn't lockup or anything, just pauses for a half a second or so and then resumes playing---kinda like watching streaming video. This happens on the Attract Sequence and during Gameplay.

The +5V reads 5.05 on my cab.

Only odd thing I've noticed is it asks me to confirm the CD in on startup and the drive will spin up & down quite a bit while it's running. This may be normal for Warzard? ..but you wouldn't know there was a drive hooked up while playing New Generation. I've also tried both a CDR and the original disc.

Any help would be appreciated. Going to try this in another cab in the meantime :dragb:

Awesome Search Keywords: war-zard cpsiii cps-3 cps-iii cps 3 red earth

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
one of my past third strikes did this before kicking the bucket... one time it froze and did not un-freeze itself-- I left it for about 10 minutes hoping it would catch and then ultimately ended up restarting the machine and the cart was dead.

This skipping could however be a problem with the SIMM I would guess? That could have something to do with it asking you to confirm the CD.. though honestly I have never even heard of that happening. Totally new to me...

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
Noticed every time it froze, the drive seemed to spin up again. Raided a 15 year old Dell and nabbed another one, working perfectly.

Not entirely sure why that was an issue, maybe Warzard loads stuff in real time? Ah wells, I'm just happy I never got around to throwing out these old comps :buttrock:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
yeah awesome dude! Glad its all squared away...