CPS2 Black board Revival (What am I doing wrong?)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Those are the LED ones.

You need something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logical-Dev...637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3b43645d

This one is very cheap, the one I have is the same brand but has a drawer and a timer. This one is good for such a low price. Uses a UVC germicidal bulb which works great.

I bought it with ebay bucks so it was like $4 out of pocket. No biggie.

that one is not bad at all, XX!

I have one of those. It works great. And Iirc, it has a bulb.

good to know! BlackIce had suggested it to me and stated that it worked great for him as well.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Soo..

Possibly bad news..

I got the eprom eraser, ended up getting replacement chips for the ones I had issues with and finished burning roms for a hyper Anniversary conversion. While they all passed the verification, I was met with mixed success:

temporary_zps916759d1.jpg

Additionally, the sound wasn't playing at all (whereas it did with the stock SFZ3 64Mbit Rom).

I'm in the process of reburning the SZ3 roms to verify that I didn't do anything wrong, but barring that, I think something may be physically wrong with my board. Mitsurugi thinks so too. :(

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's definitely something with the board. Might be one of those SMD chips like I mentioned.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Definitely something wrong with the pcb. I tested it on mine last night and everything works 100%. Wanna take a look at those chips for him XX?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Definitely something wrong with the pcb. I tested it on mine last night and everything works 100%. Wanna take a look at those chips for him XX?

mainman is the best guy in the US to do CPS2 repairs so I would ask him. This is something you can probably do yourself though. Just download the datasheet for the ICs and then use your logic probes on the inputs/outputs and you should be able to tell which one is acting up.