CPS1 Suicide batteries...Mouser #?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
So, I just bought Astrodan's Captain Commando board and I'm going to swap the suicide battery. If I'm ordering from Mouser, can anyone tell me which brand of battery would be best to throw on there?

Yea, they have a million different 2032 varieties. I think the original one on there is a Panasonic(?)
Anyone have a part # handy? Channelmaniac?? :)
I could of course buy a battery holder to solder on there as well.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
hey there DP! Congrats on getting the game!

I'd go with the battery holder if there's room, will be easier in the future for sure.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
So, I just bought Astrodan's Captain Commando board and I'm going to swap the suicide battery. If I'm ordering from Mouser, can anyone tell me which brand of battery would be best to throw on there?

Yea, they have a million different 2032 varieties. I think the original one on there is a Panasonic(?)
Anyone have a part # handy? Channelmaniac?? :)
I could of course buy a battery holder to solder on there as well.

I would just phoenix the damn thing personally, but if your going to change the battery be careful as there is no room for error.

dark penguin

hey there DP! Congrats on getting the game!

I'd go with the battery holder if there's room, will be easier in the future for sure.

Yea...thinking about it....may save half the trouble next time. I'll still need the helper battery though.

dark penguin

I would just phoenix the damn thing personally, but if your going to change the battery be careful as there is no room for error.

I want to keep it as close to original as possible. The only time I'll phoenix it is if it actually dies.