CPS 2 - full season on YT, first ep today - go watch it or something

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Felt like doing something more normal compared to the 3DO M2 and the FM Towns :hammer:

So go watch it and sub and shower me with riches or flame me or something. Never sure what to expect from my neo-geo family lol

But for real it took a massive amount of time and effort to capture everything off real hardware, so tell your friends and your dog. S/he likes arcade games right?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
One of the best (if not the best) arcade systems of all time.

Cool and short introduction video. Hope to see the upcoming titles you will cover.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice intro! Did you acquire a huge stack of CPS2 boards or are you using the DS multi?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Nice intro! Did you acquire a huge stack of CPS2 boards or are you using the DS multi?

Combo. I'd say 60% B board, 40% multi.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with the multi but B boards were easier to capture than the Darksoft gear. The Darksoft caused some weird sync issues that I did not notice in OG B boards. Maybe it was just a coincidence but this was the hardest project to date just due to sync issues. I'd drop 1 frame of sync and the capture would have to recover maybe once every 60 seconds or so.

I timed this season up to coincide with the release of the Capcom emustick. Show people the original hardware

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
my dog approves...

my dog disapproves. She goes and sulks every time I make her leave my office so I can record dialog. I'd let her stay but its like she knows to start barking the minute I hit record!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I wish there was a Night_Man user on here to counteract your account lol

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Nice overview. I should probably get a CPS2 setup.

So today it's FPGA - field-programmable gate-array, but back then it was also FPGA - factory-programmable gate array.

;-)

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Good vid. I love me some CPS2.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Good to the point vid, no BS. In fact I liked it so much I subscribed.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Good to the point vid, no BS. In fact I liked it so much I subscribed.

haha thanks for that. Getting YT subs is way more difficult than followers on IG. But it's getting there...I say maybe 2 weeks till I can retire on that sweet sweet youtube money :lolz::lolz: