Cowboy Bebop Netflix

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If a portmanteau is made from a proper noun, then it remains as a proper noun.

For instance: Bollywood (which I used to think was a pejorative) is capitalized.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's called anime, everyone knows that. It's been an established term for years.

If you say japanimation in real life you sound like an ignorant asshole.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It's called anime, everyone knows that. It's been an established term for years.

If you say japanimation in real life you sound like an ignorant asshole.
I think what's even worse is calling western-made stuff anime. I've seen headlines mentioning Star Wars, Batman, etc. anime. Is "anime" just a term for a visual style now?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Apparently. Like it makes sense when it's a western franchise or whatever and the cartoon or comic is made by a Japanese studio. But yeah there's a ton of stuff made in the west now that looks vaguely like traditional anime or just steals specific elements but it's sure as shit not anime. Amerime which is aptly stupid sounding.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If a portmanteau is made from a proper noun, then it remains as a proper noun.

For instance: Bollywood (which I used to think was a pejorative) is capitalized.
It isn't a pejorative. Meanwhile a word you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is a pejorative, you keep using. This really undermines your story of you heroically telling your friend he was racist for yelling out the car window at some Asian girls.

I think what's even worse is calling western-made stuff anime.
But you know who else calls western-made animation "anime"? Every single man, woman, and child in Japan. "Anime" is just the phonetic abbreviation of "animation". They use it for everything. Disney movies, the Young Justice cartoon, The Simpsons... they call all of it anime.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Meanwhile a word you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is a pejorative, you keep using.

According to the Wiktionary, it isn't offensive. I even hyphenated it to appease the snowflake sjw cucks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was at a car show once, and unbeknownst to me the musical act for the day was Coolio (I had just, again unknowingly, missed seeing Vanilla Ice the previous day). As Coolio takes the stage and a crowd of onlookers appear (most of the people present still checking cars, stereos, and babes) Coolio says:

“Y’allllllll like cartoooooons?”

And then banged out the Dexter’s Laboratory rap.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
But you know who else calls western-made animation "anime"? Every single man, woman, and child in Japan. "Anime" is just the phonetic abbreviation of "animation". They use it for everything. Disney movies, the Young Justice cartoon, The Simpsons... they call all of it anime.
So Scooby-Doo is an anime?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And "imation" is not a word, idiot. You went to school; fucking think

Neither is "mation". But when Filmation was formed, they combined the words Film and Animation and dropped the ANI and a repetitive M.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What’s fascinating about this thread is that often Norton drops some cryptic reply and then doesn’t respond to others asking what he meant or looking for clarification.

But today he has chosen “Japanimation” as the hill in which he will die upon.

I’m writing the script to the film as we speak.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not gonna lie I have lost some respect for STK for even entertaining this nonsense.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That is a perfect example because I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

I fully admit I’m pretty dense most of the time.