Conspiracy Theories: Do people really believe these things? YES

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For a few years I questioned if Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Clearly someone did since there are mirrors on the surface of the moon, but I figured it could have been later missions that put them there. What had me questioning the landing was footage showing that the Apollo 11 astronauts very clearly cut a circle out of a piece of cardboard and put it up to the window. This created the illusion that they were much further away from Earth than they really were. In the footage, they claim that they have the lens put up against the window, yet you see a shoulder pop into frame and hear someone say, "Get out of the shot, Buzz." I don't know why they would have done this, but these days I do 99.9% believe Apollo 11 did land on the moon. This is because of they simply didn't have the technology to fake the video footage. The linchpin of the conspiracy theory is that the footage is slowed down. That would require magnetic disc recorders far larger than what was available at the time. The biggest ones that were commercially available (they were used for sports replays) could hold about 9 or 10 seconds of slow-mo footage. The first EVA was 143 minutes! There's just no way. Even if you say "OK, well what if they used film?" There's no film grain, scratches, marks, or splices on the 143 minutes. This would require a single film magazine as big as a car tire. No way.

I don't know... I still have my doubts. The lunar lander had such thin walls... how would they hold up to the vacuum of space? Also, the radiation...

And all those later color moon photos were taken on film, and film is very sensitive to radiation, so they would have never come out so clear...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
For a few years I questioned if Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Clearly someone did since there are mirrors on the surface of the moon, but I figured it could have been later missions that put them there. What had me questioning the landing was footage showing that the Apollo 11 astronauts very clearly cut a circle out of a piece of cardboard and put it up to the window. This created the illusion that they were much further away from Earth than they really were. In the footage, they claim that they have the lens put up against the window, yet you see a shoulder pop into frame and hear someone say, "Get out of the shot, Buzz." I don't know why they would have done this, but these days I do 99.9% believe Apollo 11 did land on the moon. This is because of they simply didn't have the technology to fake the video footage. The linchpin of the conspiracy theory is that the footage is slowed down. That would require magnetic disc recorders far larger than what was available at the time. The biggest ones that were commercially available (they were used for sports replays) could hold about 9 or 10 seconds of slow-mo footage. The first EVA was 143 minutes! There's just no way. Even if you say "OK, well what if they used film?" There's no film grain, scratches, marks, or splices on the 143 minutes. This would require a single film magazine as big as a car tire. No way.

I'd also say that PRISM and NSA spying counts as a true conspiracy theory. People have been asserting that the government has been spying on its citizens for decades. Now it's clearly true.

What convinced me that the moon landings were never faked - I mean, I never doubted too much, but we all have doubts at times right - was that the Soviet Union never called the USA out. The USSR could've seen it was faked and totally called out the USA and the USA woulda lost so much face in front of the world. But they confirmed it was real, too, so it is.

I'm still kinda retarded in that I don't understand how astronauts don't automatically freeze in space when it's -270 degrees out there. But there are lots of things I don't get, and never will, because I'm a 21st century pleb. And that's OK. I'm just happy there are people much better than me in every aspect that can continue to advance humanity.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
What convinced me that the moon landings were never faked - I mean, I never doubted too much, but we all have doubts at times right - was that the Soviet Union never called the USA out.

Yes. Thank you Sage. This.

That and they would have found out through espionage eventually if they didn't catch on at first.

Moving on: I do think there's a fairly good chance the FBI was involved in MLK's death. Which is seriously fucked up if it were true. I hope it isn't.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've recently been using "fluoride drinker" as an insult.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

This is one of my favorites.
Unlike many conspiracy theories, this one seems like something that could have happened back then.

In general most of these are made up to fill in the blanks of many stories we don't know about. It's always human nature to do so.
Even with something that would seem like there is nothing more to a story, like 9/11, there are things that make you wonder.

Some of the weirder stuff is more in weekly world news territory like bat boy does make for a good laugh.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I like that dnsdies posts are visible again.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I don't know... I still have my doubts. The lunar lander had such thin walls... how would they hold up to the vacuum of space? Also, the radiation...

And all those later color moon photos were taken on film, and film is very sensitive to radiation, so they would have never come out so clear...
Retards pretending to be experts on physics.

lulz

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Retards pretending to be experts on physics.

lulz
the perineum (the layer of skin between the vagina and butthole) is so thin. i have doubts that guys DPing a girl do not touch dicks. fucking illuminati.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love how the term "conspiracy theory" is so loaded. As if history isn't chock-full of conspiracies. For example, I guess you'd have to be crazy to believe in the American Revolution.

I don't know if I'd consider things like flat Earth and dinosaurs being fake as conspiracy theories. Those are more like just examples of idiots being idiots. And like stage points out, the idea the lunar landing was faked doesn't hold up under 5 seconds of consideration. There should be a different term for willfully blind halfwits dreaming up fantasy scenarios based on nothing.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
IIRC ki_atsushi didn't believe in dinosaurs, he was convinced after 'chatting with his pastor' that paleontology is a global scam. Someone else, I'm not sure but I think it was Big Bear, didn't believe in the validity of carbon dating.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't believe in any tbh, but you'd be dumb to think we know all the info about 9/11, not believing in any conspiracies related to it, just think there's a lot we don't know.

Does anyone believe Bob Lazar btw

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
IIRC ki_atsushi didn't believe in dinosaurs, he was convinced after 'chatting with his pastor' that paleontology is a global scam. Someone else, I'm not sure but I think it was Big Bear, didn't believe in the validity of carbon dating.
I read a short story once where the plot revolved around how God had planted dinosaur bones in the ground simply to test our faith! Sounds like something He'd do. 😉 Silly, but probably plausible to some folks. 🤣

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bill Hicks had a great joke about god planting fake bones on the Earth to fuck with humans while he congratulated himself for being a trickster gods.

www.birdsarentreal.com

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I read a short story once where the plot revolved around how God had planted dinosaur bones in the ground simply to test our faith! Sounds like something He'd do. 😉 Silly, but probably plausible to some folks. 🤣
i think the theory is that the dinosaur bones are actually the bones of nephilims (progeny of fallen angels and humans) that are referred to in, i think, the book of genesis. so...to discredit the bible and existence of god, people think there was a concerted effort to pass those bones off as coming from dinosaurs.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Those are all dragon bones and they were killed by lizard men.
Shouldn't dragons & lizard men be homies, riding on their backs into battle, fucking up Dr. Zaius' plans?
i think the theory is that the dinosaur bones are actually the bones of nephilims (progeny of fallen angels and humans) that are referred to in, i think, the book of genesis. so...to discredit the bible and existence of god, people think there was a concerted effort to pass those bones off as coming from dinosaurs.
The story I'm talking about was kind of tongue in cheek. At the end, they found a fossilized Fidel Castro cigar too. It's been so many years since I read it (maybe when I was in my 20s), I don't know if they were trying to imply that the Cubans were involved with God's shenanigans or what. But, anyway, I think I've heard of that theory you're describing somewhere too, maybe my younger brother, who's very religious.