Conspiracy Theories: Do people really believe these things? YES

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
IIRC ki_atsushi didn't believe in dinosaurs, he was convinced after 'chatting with his pastor' that paleontology is a global scam. Someone else, I'm not sure but I think it was Big Bear, didn't believe in the validity of carbon dating.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
To be honest I'm kind of wishing dinos are some satanic trick for real ever since paleontologists started arguing dinosaurs are feathered like oversized birds. Fuck that ghey shit, bring back Spielbergian green raptors or else.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The mental gymnastics some Christians come up with to try to explain away the indisputable evidence that the Bible's creation story is horrifically inaccurate is beyond belief.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

Florida's government officials are banning math books because they teach critical race theory.

DeSantis' spokesperson posted an image of a question that caused the books rejection.
The crazy thing was the page wasn't from a textbook, it was a worksheet. The worksheet was altered.

These people must be idiots to think someone would publish a book with those questions.

Textbooks for schools are still big business it is publishers trying to fuck over each other in order to get some big fat payday.

A newborn christian at work is convinced satan put dinosaur bones in the ground to take souls away from god🤣🤣
When I hear shit like this, I really start to marvel that this person is still breathing, that they havent just died from some supremely broken thinking while driving a car or loading up the cardboard bailer at work. How is that guy still alive?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There's a good later episode of the Soprano's where some christian zealot is explaining to Tony after a near-death experience (I think) about man existing during the dinosaurs, and tony's response is

"What? You mean like on The Flintstones?"

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Mormons say that the Earth was made out of other planets, and that dinosaur bones may have come from those planets. Isn't that shit wild?

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've never heard that one before, but, that's certainly an interesting explanation! Turok must have been pissed when God stole his best stuff...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

Florida's government officials are banning math books because they teach critical race theory.

DeSantis' spokesperson posted an image of a question that caused the books rejection.
The crazy thing was the page wasn't from a textbook, it was a worksheet. The worksheet was altered.

These people must be idiots to think someone would publish a book with those questions.

Textbooks for schools are still big business it is publishers trying to fuck over each other in order to get some big fat payday.
Here's what was in some of the textbooks:

https://popular.info/p/inside-the-dangerous-math-textbooks?s=w (Not a Goatse link.)

You can judge for yourself.

I don't know if there's anything to the dot-connecting between Accelerate Learning, which now has a monopoly on K-5 textbooks, to Glenn Youngkin, who was CEO of the parent company until 2020.

Maybe Desantis just wants to look busy and manage how he stays in the news. Maybe it's a smokescreen for corrupt favoritism toward Accelerate Learning.

Ultimately, vague laws and opaque governance make all kinds of shenanigans easier to pull off.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

To be honest, I could see how something like calculus could be interpreted as promoting CRT, since “integration” is an important aspect of both.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
To be honest, I could see how something like calculus could be interpreted as promoting CRT, since “integration” is an important aspect of both.
I like it. Solid premise and well worded. Except they kind of undercut you, because CRT as it's been written and being presented is actually about accentuating and increasing divides, not integrating.

Florida's still a bunch of fucking morons for this, though. Between this and the Disney World thing, Desantis is really taking his shot at getting his name in the Guinness Book of Fucking Retards.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I like it. Solid premise and well worded. Except they kind of undercut you, because CRT as it's been written and being presented is actually about accentuating and increasing divides, not integrating.
I dunno, I just don't see how acknowledging yet accepting each other's differences would divide people.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I dunno, I just don't see how acknowledging yet accepting each other's differences would divide people.
If that's what Critical Race Theory was, you'd be right. I think that's what we all assumed and hoped it was going to be. Would that it were.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
IIRC ki_atsushi didn't believe in dinosaurs, he was convinced after 'chatting with his pastor' that paleontology is a global scam. Someone else, I'm not sure but I think it was Big Bear, didn't believe in the validity of carbon dating.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't me but I don't mind owning some of the above quote
BB

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
i dunno. some aspects of CRT seem to be akin to "the original sin". all you white people are sinners from the moment you are born, therefore you must repent! "acknowledging yet accepting each other's differences" seems like an idealized and palatable simplification...similar to "MAGA just means we want to make the US better for all americans".

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
"acknowledging yet accepting each other's differences" seems like an idealized and palatable simplification.
It's what any reasonable and compassionate person would assume it meant, based solely on the name. But unfortunately, no.