Conspiracy Theories: Do people really believe these things? YES

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I had an interesting discussion with a security guard at work today. He started talking about conspiracy theories. Super weird stuff. Like some dread-locked woman found on the moon, a alien ship or base in the ocean, and he swore up and down that the next American Civil war was coming soon after the inevitable deflation of the dollar.

So I had to look some of this stuff up naturally. Conspiracy theories are always good for a laugh.

Some of the stuff seems potentially possible though. Like the coming of "The Great Genius" who will unite computing and biology, and pave the way for self-sustaining space stations, and the ability to upload your conscious to a pc. Obviously there will be another Einstein someday, so that kinda, partially makes sense.

Just curious if any of you believe any of this stuff? I know people who take this stuff pretty seriously and get heated when people call them out on this BS.

I found some funny theories that some of you may get a laugh out of.

If you know any others that are funny, possible, or just plain stupid please post. I need something to do on my lunch breaks.

I can't believe people actually believe some of this stuff... You got to read the youtube comments. Most of these videos are just creepy.

LOL... Yeah...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
"9/11 was an inside job.

Thermite was placed on the structural beams."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/huffington-post-kills-jesse-venturas-piece-on-911.html

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ON SEPTEMBER 11TH?

You didn稚 see anything about it in the mainstream media, but two weeks ago at a conference in San Francisco, more than one thousand architects and engineers signed a petition demanding that Congress begin a new investigation into the destruction of the three World Trade Center skyscrapers on 9/11.
That痴 right, these people put their reputations in potential jeopardy because they don稚 buy the government痴 version of events. They want to know how 200,000 tons of steel disintegrated and fell to the ground in 11 seconds. They question whether the hijacked planes were responsible or whether it could have been a controlled demolition from inside that brought down the Twin Towers and Building 7.

Richard Gage, a member of the American Institute of Architects and the founder of Architects and Engineers for 9-11 Truth, put it like this: å…¸he official Federal Emergency Management [Agency] and National Institute of Standards and Technology reports provide insufficient, contradictory and fraudulent accounts of the circumstances of the towers destruction. Heç—´ especially disturbed by Building 7, whose 447 stories came down in è￾Ÿure free-fall acceleration that afternoon even though it was never hit by an aircraft.

This is a subject I take up in my new book, American Conspiracies , published this week by Skyhorse. An excerpt follows:
(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)

Some people have argued that the twin towers went down, within a half hour of one another, because of the way they were constructed. Well, those 425,000 cubic yards of concrete and 200,000 tons of steel were designed to hold up against a Boeing 707, the largest plane built at the time the towers were completed in 1973. Analysis had shown that a 707 traveling at 600 miles an hour (and those had four engines) would not cause major damage. The twin-engine Boeing 757s that hit on 9/11 were going 440 and 550 miles an hour.

Still, we are told that a molten, highly intense fuel mixture from the planes brought down these two steel-framed skyscrapers. Keep in mind that no other such skyscraper in history had ever been known to collapse completely due to fire damage. So could it actually have been the result of a controlled demolition from inside the buildings? I don稚 claim expertise about this, but I did work four years as part of the Navyç—´ underwater demolition teams, where we were trained to blow things to hell and high water. And my staff talked at some length with a prominent physicist, Steven E. Jones, who says that a å♥µravity driven collapse without demolition charges defies the laws of physics. These buildings fell, at nearly the rate of free-fall, straight down into their own footprint, in approximately ten seconds. An object dropped from the roof of the 110-story-tall towers would reach the ground in about 9.2 seconds. Then thereç—´ the fact that steel beams that weighed as much as 200,000 pounds got tossed laterally as far as 500 feet.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) started its investigation on August 21, 2002. When their 10,000-page-long report came out three years later, the spokesman said there was no evidence to suggest a controlled demolition. But Steven E. Jones also says that molten metal found underground weeks later is proof that jet fuel couldn稚 have been all that was responsible. I visited the site about three weeks after 9/11, with Governor Pataki and my wife Terry. It didn稚 mean anything to me at the time, but they had to suspend digging that day because they were running into heat pockets of huge temperatures. These fires kept burning for more than three months, the longest-burning structure blaze ever. And this was all due to jet fuel? Weæ±♥e talking molten metal more than 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

Probably the most conclusive evidence about a controlled demolition is a research paper (two years, nine authors) published in the peer-reviewed Open Chemical Physics Journal , in April 2009. In studying dust samples from the site, these scientists found chips of nano-thermite, which is a high-tech incendiary/explosive. Hereç—´ what the paperç—´ lead author, Dr. Niels Harrit of the University of Copenhagenç—´ chemistry department, had to say about the explosive that heç—´ convinced brought down the Twin Towers and the nearby Building 7:

å…¸hermite itself dates back to 1893. It is a mixture of aluminum and rust-powder, which react to create intense heat. The reaction produces iron, heated to 2500 degrees Centigrade. This can be used to do welding. It can also be used to melt other iron. So in nano-thermite, this powder from 1893 is reduced to tiny particles, perfectly mixed. When these react, the intense heat develops much more quickly. Nano-thermite can be mixed with additives to give off intense heat, or serve as a very effective explosive. It contains more energy than dynamite, and can be used as rocket fuel.
Richard Gage is one of hundreds of credentialed architects and structural engineers who have put their careers on the line to point out the detailed anomalies and many implications of controlled demolition in the building collapses. As he puts it bluntly: å¾¹nce you get to the science, itç—´ indisputable.

That Captain Freedom... Such a kook.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
To be fair, several conspiracy theories have turned out to be true: Project Paperclip, MK Ultra, JFK (not 100% proven but I think it's pretty clear). But the Obama is a reptilian stuff is just bonkers.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The "mona lisa" on the moon is a rabbit hole that goes very deep, depending on how crazy you wanna get.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I enjoy some of these theories without buying too much into them like the 911 one. Others like the reptilian stuff puts me to sleep. I was up !last night reading about the umbrella man and the badge man in the jfk assassination and it freaked me out some. I am still bewildered by the whole jfk thing. It's part morbid fascination and part something akin to sadness and disgust. Weird

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The "mona lisa" on the moon is a rabbit hole that goes very deep, depending on how crazy you wanna get.

like, is it possible that our humans/us aren't the first set and that things were different once?

sure dinosaurs were a long time ago and we can find evidence of them! but what about a looong time before them?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I don't know if this counts, but I love hearing about flat earth or concave earth believers.

This guy is gold.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFoxStevie
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBabini
http://www.missteribabylonestar.com/

I was fascinated by this as well - just the level of "WTF is wrong with people?" aspect of it. Then I started thinking about it being some weird disinformation thing to muddle up the term "conspiracy theory", similar to how chemtrails was the guilty by association term to mark people as crazy for years. But then, that doesn't work anymore for obvious reasons so they needed new "crazy".

[puts foil back on head]

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
The only conspiracy theory I believe to be true is that Coca-Cola introduced New Coke as a way to make the swap from Sugar to lower cost High Fructose Corn Syrup. The HFCS coke tasted "enough" like the old coke to satisfy the consumer base and saved Coke billions of dollars.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
"9/11 was an inside job.

Thermite was placed on the structural beams."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/huffington-post-kills-jesse-venturas-piece-on-911.html

That Captain Freedom... Such a kook.

There is some video of molten metal pouring out of one of the Twin Towers during 9/11. I saw it on TV.
At the time, I was in metal shop, and was working pretty regularly with molten aluminum. Molten aluminum doesn't glow white hot until it reaches over 1600F, and once it cools below maybe 1200F or 1300F, it becomes silver.

I know this because I've melted literal tons of scrap aluminum (including aircraft chassis pieces) in a crucible. A 1500F crucible will turn aluminum a cherry red, and it will lose its color within seconds of being removed from the heat due to Aluminum's incredible thermal conductivity (I'd made over 200 aluminum ingots in metal shop). As soon as the molten aluminum leaves the crucible, it goes silver. It just loses heat too quickly.

So when you see people say "jet fuel can't melt steel beams", they don't mean "Jet fuel can't stress steel beams until they bend or break", they're talking abou the waterfall of molten metal that fell from the tower and maintained a bright red/white color for the entire fall.

Free-falling molten metal should be cooled extremely fast.
Only molten iron or steel stays that red during such a long fall in full daylight.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
There is some video of molten metal pouring out of one of the Twin Towers during 9/11. I saw it on TV.
At the time, I was in metal shop, and was working pretty regularly with molten aluminum. Molten aluminum doesn't glow white hot until it reaches over 1600F, and once it cools below maybe 1200F or 1300F, it becomes silver.

I know this because I've melted literal tons of scrap aluminum (including aircraft chassis pieces) in a crucible. A 1500F crucible will turn aluminum a cherry red, and it will lose its color within seconds of being removed from the heat due to Aluminum's incredible thermal conductivity (while still inside the ceramic container!)

So when you see people say "jet fuel can't melt steel beams", they don't mean "Jet fuel can't stress steel beams until they bend or break", they're talking abou the waterfall of molten metal that fell from the tower and maintained a bright red/white color for the entire fall.

Only molten iron or steel stays that red during such a long fall in full daylight.

lol

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

I know this because I've melted literal tons of scrap aluminum (including aircraft chassis pieces) in a crucible. A 1500F crucible will turn aluminum a cherry red, and it will lose its color within seconds of being removed from the heat due to Aluminum's incredible thermal conductivity (while still inside the ceramic container!)

When I see news clips of people working in steel factories it looks like the most awful, oppressive place on earth, yet somehow cool as fuck. Would love to do that for a day.

I would also like to poke a stick in lava flow, I don't ask a lot of life.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!

Seriously, go to a metal workshop of some kind and watch someone melt aluminum in a crucible and pour it into ingot molds. You might have some fun.

You could also make a sand cast of something you want reproduce something in aluminum. It's fun.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I know this because I've melted literal tons of scrap aluminum (including aircraft chassis pieces) in a crucible. A 1500F crucible will turn aluminum a cherry red, and it will lose its color within seconds of being removed from the heat due to Aluminum's incredible thermal conductivity (I'd made over 200 aluminum ingots in metal shop). As soon as the molten aluminum leaves the crucible, it goes silver. It just loses heat too quickly.

give it tome straightdoc what are you saying here

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
give it tome straightdoc what are you saying here

The official report says the fires inside the Twin Towers never went much higher than 1200F. That would be about enough to just barely melt aluminum and make it molten.

It would turn silver as soon as it was away from a 1200F heat source.

This means the temperature in the building was much higher than this. Minimum 1600F. Jet fuel (Kerosene) burns normally at around 700F. It can't actually get that hot unless it is mixed with an optimum amount of fresh oxygen to help fuel the fire. A lab-perfect mixture of Jet-A and Oxygen can reach a theoretical limit of maybe 1600-1700F.

So, either the Twin Towers were a perfect environment for a Kerosene fire, or something more energetic than a hydrocarbon fuel was burning there.

Office furniture doesn't burn that well either.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Does anyone know any Conspiracy Theories that ended up being true?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The only conspiracy theory I believe to be true is that Coca-Cola introduced New Coke as a way to make the swap from Sugar to lower cost High Fructose Corn Syrup. The HFCS coke tasted "enough" like the old coke to satisfy the consumer base and saved Coke billions of dollars.

I believe that one too, old enough to remember it, yet 7 years older than my wife she does not. A great thing to peg that, find out who the market is for the 'mexican Cokes' you can get all over now, but just a few years back only got imported by the crate (of 24) by Costco or a few bottles here or there in hole in the wall mexican restaurants. That stuff uses the old formula with sugar in it and my wife says she (goes between) can't taste the difference or it's not as good (less fizzy, like that adds taste.) I know damn well what I'm drinking, and the price of sugar back then was huge and HCFS was dirt cheap, plus it had the bonus in some (enough) people to suppress your hunger so you were more likely to drink more too. I can taste it clearly, and while both taste good (and I like Coke Zero too these days) but I'll take a Mexican Coke anytime I can get it as I know better.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
I believe that one too, old enough to remember it, yet 7 years older than my wife she does not. A great thing to peg that, find out who the market is for the 'mexican Cokes' you can get all over now, but just a few years back only got imported by the crate (of 24) by Costco or a few bottles here or there in hole in the wall mexican restaurants. That stuff uses the old formula with sugar in it and my wife says she (goes between) can't taste the difference or it's not as good (less fizzy, like that adds taste.) I know damn well what I'm drinking, and the price of sugar back then was huge and HCFS was dirt cheap, plus it had the bonus in some (enough) people to suppress your hunger so you were more likely to drink more too. I can taste it clearly, and while both taste good (and I like Coke Zero too these days) but I'll take a Mexican Coke anytime I can get it as I know better.

I've heard they also do "kosher" coke during Passover and such which is the same, real sugar instead of HFCS. Never been able to confirm myself though.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I've heard they also do "kosher" coke during Passover and such which is the same, real sugar instead of HFCS. Never been able to confirm myself though.

It think its all the "throwback" stuff they sell.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!

Carbonation levels of a drink DO affect the taste.
CO2 is acidic. We also have receptors on our tongue that "taste" carbon dioxide.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...e-carbon-dioxide-in-fizzy-drinks-1803637.html

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Does anyone know any Conspiracy Theories that ended up being true?

Jimmy Saville being a massive nonce. That one goes way way further than just a few hokey disc jockeys. The UK elite are minging.

I would also wager the Franklin child prostituition allegations are probably true.