Consensus favorite gamer mag?

Tachibana

n00b
Another Edge (UK) reader here with a subscription. Five years ago I used to read quite a lot of different mags but now it seems that the best are either dead or lost their quality (Germany: Video Games - dead, Man!ac - not what it used to be, GEE - Edge wannabe; UK: Super Play - dead, but always a joy to read).

As for US mags, I prefer Gamefan over EGM but that's slightly off-topic as the last time I read Gamefan was back in 1997 or so. :conf:

Tengu666

n00b
Yeah that German "Video Games" was a really cool mag. Wasn't it some kind of sister mag to Power Play ? I recall they did quite a bit on Neo Geo.

Tachibana

n00b
Yes, they did start off as a supplement to Power Play but got independent soon afaik. One of their staff was an avid Neo Geo player. Thanks to that it was the only mag around that featured very decent regular Neo Geo pre- and reviews. That was the time...

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
C&VG was great in the beginning, gamefan was my favo mag, egm where faggots, only eps ive got is where theyd future fighters. but then again i would only buy mags for the fighters. still got a few bags full of mags (90-98).

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I only buy 'Edge' & Games tm....i enjoy the retro sections.
Btw...Edge's Retro special mags are excellent & the reason i got back into the neo again in a big way!:D .

drombat

Galford's Armourer
Yeah, CVG was great in that they covered the not so mainstream consoles. And their reviews had some humour in them. I found that I agreed with them almost 100%. Plus great artwork by that dude .. whatever his name was. I remember thinking "what's this pc engine they talk so highly of?".

Neo Si

New Challenger
SuperPlay - Best games mag ever. UK SNES mag with lots of info on imports/anime etc. Great design, brilliant mag.

Mean Machines - Another quality ancient UK games mag. Very well written and comical. Split into MM Sega and Nintendo Magazine System after a few years, and lost the plot totally.

I used to read Edge, but not anymore.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I get Gamepro, Tips & Tricks, and OXM. I have been reading Gamepro since my first issue in Jan. 1990. It is by far my favorite magazine. I only subscribe to Tips and Tricks for the collectors closet section. I only subscribe to OXM for the Demo Disks, the mag sucks ass, its boring, drab, bland, it sucks! Actually most of the Xbox games suck as late. Nintendo power will be my next subscription.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Arcadia is my favorite seeing as I really only play fighting games these days. But when I'm in the states I read EGM from time to time.