Common Sticks and Buttons for Candy Cabs

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Question isn’t limited to NEO Candy cabinets. I’m wondering what are the most commonly used brand of sticks and buttons in Japanese candy cabinets?

Not asking which is the best or what people mod theirs with - I’m asking straight from the factory to the arcades (back in the day).

Is there a site that lays out the parts used in original cabinets?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Sanwa JLF stick with OSBF-30 buttons and Seimitsu LS-32 stick with PS-14-G buttons.

There are many other variants but the above respective part numbers are what came stock on the vast majority of JAMMA candies.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Yeah, check Focus Attack or Arcade Shock. I bought a ton of different sticks and buttons not long ago with parts to modify them in hopes of putting together the ultimate control panel.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Since you’re active! (Lol) what was common setup for a Big Red?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Sanwa JLF stick with OSBF-30 buttons and Seimitsu LS-32 stick with PS-14-G buttons.

There are many other variants but the above respective part numbers are what came stock on the vast majority of JAMMA candies.
Thanks for this. What about the gate used by default?

Also what about the start buttons?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Thanks for this. What about the gate used by default?

Also what about the start buttons?
No problem. Both sticks I mentioned come with square gates but the LS-32 also has a sub gate that can be switched to make it 2/4/8 way. With the Sanwa JLF additional gates must be purchased for 2 and 4 way.

The start buttons are 24mm and matching buttons to what I posted above are as follows. Sanwa OSBF-24 and Seimitsu PS-14-D

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Since you’re active! (Lol) what was common setup for a Big Red?
They used Happ parts, buttons were concave and I think the original sticks were Happ Supers but a lot of what I’ve seen have Happ Competition sticks. They’re now Suzo Happ which I believe is just a clone of IL (Industrius Lorenzo).

I ran across a wicked guide for arcade sticks and buttons a while back that covered everything from around the world. I’ll post a link if I can find it again.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
is there documentation on the speakers? Size, watts, ohms etc?

metouto

n00b
In original Japanese candy cabinets, the most commonly used brand of sticks and buttons is Sanwa. Sanwa is a well-known manufacturer of arcade parts and is widely used in Japanese arcade machines. They are known for their high-quality joysticks and buttons, offering smooth and responsive gameplay. Other popular brands include Seimitsu and Hori, which are also used in candy cabinets to a lesser extent. Regarding a specific site that lays out the parts used in original cabinets, there isn't a single comprehensive source for this information. However, you can find details about the components used in various candy cabinets by researching specific models or referring to arcade enthusiasts' forums and websites dedicated to arcade hardware and modding. These sources often provide insights into the original parts used in different arcade cabinets and may include discussions on the buttons and joysticks used in specific models.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
In original Japanese candy cabinets, the most commonly used brand of sticks and buttons is Sanwa. Sanwa is a well-known manufacturer of arcade parts and is widely used in Japanese arcade machines. They are known for their high-quality joysticks and buttons, offering smooth and responsive gameplay. Other popular brands include Seimitsu and Hori, which are also used in candy cabinets to a lesser extent. Regarding a specific site that lays out the parts used in original cabinets, there isn't a single comprehensive source for this information. However, you can find details about the components used in various candy cabinets by researching specific models or referring to arcade enthusiasts' forums and websites dedicated to arcade hardware and modding. These sources often provide insights into the original parts used in different arcade cabinets and may include discussions on the buttons and joysticks used in specific models.
@CORY
“By referring to arcade enthusiasts’ forums”
Where does this chatbot think it currently is? Ask Jeeves?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Blatantly written by chatgpt