Coincidence? Compare if you dare

Shawn

snkusa.com
There is no question about it, this guy copied the pages of neo-geo.com and is giving zero credit. He calls the cut and pasted home cart and MVS price guides his Master List. On his for sale page, he is using the same condition scale and uses the term payment pending, just like me. His carts wanted page is also cut and paste but he did modify his offering prices. He doesn’t even provide a link to neo-geo.com on his links page. Does this qualify for a special appearance in the black book?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Shawn:
There is no question about it, this guy copied the pages of neo-geo.com and is giving zero credit. He calls the cut and pasted home cart and MVS price guides his Master List. On his for sale page, he is using the same condition scale and uses the term payment pending, just like me. His carts wanted page is also cut and paste but he did modify his offering prices. He doesn’t even provide a link to neo-geo.com on his links page. Does this qualify for a special appearance in the black book?

I think you should contact this person before placing him in your Black Book, Shawn. Give him a chance to explain at least. If he decides not to credit Neo-Geo.com, then slap him into your Black Book of dread. =) This is my opinion, of course, and should be treated as such.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
and thats only the tip of the iceberg !

god,i love to say that

anyway

reasons why we should kick his head in

1)no offence meant or nowt
but he's....in belgium....fuck
surely this is more than enough,eh?

2)he had the audacity to write

"Behold the biggest collection in Belgium"

and i'm like

WHO gives a fuck,you twat !!

3)he's an arrogant prick
and i hate arrogant people
they send me mad
cant get me head round that thing,at all !
wtf !

4)not only he clearly stole the idea
from the masta list from here

but ALL the animated gifs off his pages
they're nicked

and wanna know summat else?
all the covers of the games the cunt owns,
STOLEN from the videogame musuem
www.vgmuseum.com

go check
i am speakin the truth,
for i only know the truth !

i have no words

5)i couldnt believe me eyes
after all he did,the stealin pig
he went on and wrote

"If you want to use these scans for your website, then please give me credit for it"

like...fuck that,you belgian baboon !

6)last one
i'm jealous as fuck cos he got many
carts i aint

thats it

off for some scran now

laters eh?

its fuckin good to be back tho
i feel like at home here

where's the bathroom,like?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
How many people really deserve such a chance? Sometimes examples need to be set, and people such as he must be made example of. Blatant multiple-source copying then suggesting as one's own should not be tolerated.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
(Fran's message)

Damn, now that's saying it good and proper! Except for #6, I wholly agree with absolutely everything you wrote. Especially with #2: "Behold the biggest collection in Belgium" ah the cunt probably thinks it will help him roger the native totty or something. Must be lonely with his collection. Belgian baboon indeed, ripping off other people's work.... Thanks for the laughs.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

SAMHAIN SAYS MAKE HIM SUFFER!!!!!!!!!!LET ME TALK TO HIM AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! FKN LOSER....THEIFS SHOULD HAVE THERE HANDS CUT OFF,,,CUT AND PASTE......

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Before everyone goes nuts about people stealing things from other web sites, remember that everyone does it to a certain extent. (Shawn borrowed his new and hot icons from eBay I believe.) I also think he should be asked to give credit but remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Robi15

20 Year Member
The scans of some Neo articles is a good idea. The question is if he has the permission to publish that?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
errrm....

i can post whatever i want
for i'll be "mai's apprentice" forever

i swear

yeah,shawn?

anyway

our belgian friend

i mean

i was in a bit of a "fuck the lot of you" attitude when i wrote them words up there

moody bastard that i am

he's belgian

the gods have already chosen a difficult
path for our poor fella

so fuck it

he's got his own master list
and its nicked from here?

i mean,go on lad,
impress us,yeah?

it's innocuous enough, if tinged with fear over what his next move will be

'a dunno !

got a massive headache comin up,
this aint good

nah really

what i wanted to say

lets fuckin ignore the cunt
lets talk about summat else

yeah?

only wanted to add this

these are words of wisdom

for you...erm....forgot his name

but ya catch ma drift

Therefore the showers have been withheld and there has been no latter rain;
yet you have a prostitute's forehead, you refused to be ashamed

JRock917

, ,
This really seems kinda NGFish... although I am pretty sure this guy has no connections with them. I do have to agree I like how Shawn gives proper credit to all sources on his site, that is the way it should be done, out of common courtesy if nothing else. There are more ways to be ripped off than just by stealing, and this act should earn this guy a place in the black book if he does not offer some kind of fair solution, I think.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
So, did anything evey come of this? I realize the forums have been dominated by other topics of late, ones which seem to agitate people much more, but anyhow, it doesn't take away from what he did. I would guess no resolution as there is still no credit for this site on his and another thing I just noticed, if you try right clicking on anything on his site, even just to open it in a new window, it produces a dialog box which reads "Make your own Page" as if he thinks everyone is going to "Save link/target as" all his links, pics & pages which he has only copied from other people's sites to begin with.

Shawn

snkusa.com
The webmaster of this site did have neo-geo.com on the links page after I complained to him, but it appears he has removed the link recently. He did change up the price guide he copied, but changing the table size and color, some prices, and added bars for the rarity. He also removed the master list from his site, but he refuses to give any credit to neo-geo.com.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by yuckydog:
Before everyone goes nuts about people stealing things from other web sites, remember that everyone does it to a certain extent. (Shawn borrowed his new and hot icons from eBay I believe.) I also think he should be asked to give credit but remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

True.. but these icons can be found anywhere for free through various internet graphic scrap books and stuff. Plus, I bet there had to be other people using the stuff on the net even before eBay.

What this other person is doing is just illegal... he's taking original content from another person's page (and in most cases, exact phrases and quotes) and is using it on his page without sourcing the original source. This is just like someone else's "inventory list" that I won't mention, where they took the exact "code" from someone else and changed some of the words to make it look like their own...

Shawn, you DO realize that you could actually sue this other person for what he did... I mean, grant it... it is for something pretty trivial, as it is video games and nothing truly life threatening... but what the kid did is in fact illegal.

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited December 04, 2000).]