CMVS mv2f 161 multicart issue

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I bought this cart new less than a year ago and it's always worked fine. I went to play svc chaos super plus tonight and I am unable to use the joystick to select a character. None of the directions respond but the buttons do work. Then a character is either automatically selected for me or I push a button and once the gameplay starts all of the directions on the joystick work as they should. I tried a bunch of the King of fighters and the same thing happens in 98 only, ssiv, and the other two versions of svc chaos on the cartridge. First I tried switching controllers and nothing changed. The controller works perfectly in the test mode and I tried the cartridge in both slots with the same result. Any thoughts?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
do boots just flake out like that? I know some things do.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks Xian Xi, I tried it but it didn't work. I also noticed the controls are shuffled around in the unibios 3.2 menu during gameplay. Any other suggestions?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks Xian Xi, I tried it but it didn't work. I also noticed the controls are shuffled around in the unibios 3.2 menu during gameplay. Any other suggestions?

Did you clear the backup ram correctly? If you did then I'd run a work ram test. Power it on with no carts with all the hard dips flipped on. It should say "Work RAM test" on the screen, as long as that text is displayed, you are passing them looping tests. I'd let it run for about 5 minutes.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
To clear the backup ram I turned the system on with no cart, pressed start to scroll through the menus until I get to clear back up ram and it says to press a,b,c. Once I press the buttons it goes to the next page to set the calendar. Is that correct? I'll have to try the work ram test tonight. Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
To clear the backup ram I turned the system on with no cart, pressed start to scroll through the menus until I get to clear back up ram and it says to press a,b,c. Once I press the buttons it goes to the next page to set the calendar. Is that correct? I'll have to try the work ram test tonight. Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. Run the tests and see what happens.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
So I tried the work ram test, and I can see the text on the screen the entire time. Any other thoughts? Maybe the cart is just crap?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So I tried the work ram test, and I can see the text on the screen the entire time. Any other thoughts? Maybe the cart is just crap?

It could be, does any other cart have that problem?

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I tried ss1 and ss2 and both carts work fine at the character select menu and gameplay. When I entered the unibios cheat menu the controls are still all wacky. Joystick left=c, button b = down, etc. I have an older unibios 3.0 and I switched to that and nothing changed.