Classic Japanese Gaming Video Dump

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I'm always on the lookout for old Japanese gaming videos while I'm on YouTube, wether that's footage from the AM or AOU shows, TV spots, commercials, ripped game strategy VHS tapes, and the like. Here's some of the videos I've found while browsing that you guys might like watching. Feel free to add to this thread with the Japanese gaming videos you've come across.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome! Will give these a watch when I get off work.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I remember there was a youtube link posted back around the time I registered of a Neo Geo / SNK convention from, 1995 I think. Anyone have that ? (didnt have time to check these videos already posted, forgive me if its in there)

thanks for the links kid

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Found a video reporting on the 1990 AOU show, showing off some of the deluxe cabs like the Sega R-360.

Another video, a report on the 2000 Tokyo Game Show. At 2:53 they show the SNK booth.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I remember there was a youtube link posted back around the time I registered of a Neo Geo / SNK convention from, 1995 I think. Anyone have that ? (didnt have time to check these videos already posted, forgive me if its in there)

thanks for the links kid
Of videos recorded in 1995 I remember this, which is not a convention, but it is equally very interesting.

Here you will find also find the photos of the former deputy head of SNK USA (California), who had written 'NEOGEO1' on the license plate of his Mercedes Benz S600 W140 V12.

CWvCu2f.jpg

ncmtsE2.jpg

www.neogeo.ch - Master(G)'s NEOGEO Shrine! - SNK Playmore

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
In addition to some of the videos embedded above. There’s a couple SNK/Neo Geo promo videos that I tend to rewatch from time to time just for entertainment (I love that old History of SNK video). While doing so, I noticed someone uploaded an old SNK Neo Geo World Tokyo Bayside promotional video fairly recently. I’m always fascinated by seeing SNK’s other branches of entertainment beyond their game centers since we didn’t get to experience that aspect of the company here in the west:

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Of videos recorded in 1995 I remember this, which is not a convention, but it is equally very interesting.

Here you will find also find the photos of the former deputy head of SNK USA (California), who had written 'NEOGEO1' on the license plate of his Mercedes Benz S600 W140 V12.

CWvCu2f.jpg

ncmtsE2.jpg

www.neogeo.ch - Master(G)'s NEOGEO Shrine! - SNK Playmore
Of course, the people that actually worked at SNK USA at the time would probably think I'm a fool for saying this, and outsiders will always have an over romanticized view of it, but damn I wish I worked there at some point... that video will always be fun to watch, thanks for posting it online :)

RIP Nightmare Tony.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Last edited:

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I enjoyed the Neogeo cd Commercials, and the Neogeo Gals Graffiti, I'll probably get the laserdisc version of it someday.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This one's been posted around here before, but it's one of my favorites.

On November twenty-three of the 2014, youtuber Arcade Magician remastered this documentary in high definition: plus also there are present the translations in French, Portuguese, Spanish, German and even in Italian wanting.
Spoiler:

Last edited: