Citizen DJ: Library of Congress Sample Library for Electronic Music

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
https://citizen-dj.labs.loc.gov/

I'm downloading all the samples now. The full audio they come from are available in full and there is a web based sampler/sequencer that is admittedly pretty powerful for what it is. It's stupid how fun it is. Why did I spend almost a grand on a hardware sampler lol?

There is no reason for something so awesome as this to exist and the world is a better place for it.

You can even share your jams:

Example 1

Example 2

Anyway, thought some people would be interested. If not? Well fuck off.

EDIT: On Safari on iOS I don’t get any sound. Had no issue using chrome on a windows machine. YMMV.

Last edited:

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
This is incredibly cool. You weren’t lying. There is really no good reason for this to exist but I’m glad that it does.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Really cool, will check out what's there, thanks for sharing.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
This is seriously cool, and I would never have known if not for the share. Thanks for posting, man.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The sample packs themselves are a bit strange. You get the full song/interview/whatever but then then the curator has already taken the liberty of slicing the song as well and you get it chopped up. So there’s a lot of stuff to sift through. Each pack has like 4000 one shots, yikes.

I originally just dumped everything on my hardware sampler but....scrolling through all those samples was impossible lol.

The web interface is a nice way to explore the sounds and then find one you would like to use with your gear or DAW.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sick.

giphy.gif

USA! USA! USA!