Chicago trip, what should I look out for?

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Going the last weekend in April, coming from a shit town for game shopping. Are there any good places for mvs(will anyone give up their honey hole)? Can't think of anything else I'd be looking for, maybe a super CD-rom 2.

Any other stuff I should go see also? I will have two kids with me, 7 and 2, so looking for family type stuff. Can anyone suggest a taxi company that you would trust with your kids? I'm not sending them around alone, I'll be with them the whole time. Work trip for my wife.

Already planned the aquarium, museums, and a cubs game(i wanted to go to the Sox).

If you guys wanna fuck around with me in this thread, so be it, but don't send me somewhere that will put my kids in danger. The last place I wanna be is the south side of town, staring down bad bad Leroy Brown, with a two year old girl in my arms.

Thanks.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The last place I wanna be is the south side of town, staring down bad bad Leroy Brown, with a two year old girl in my arms.

you dont know shit about this town if you are writing off half the city.

most of the shit is confined to specific neighborhoods (and there are several on the north side too).

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Then dont fucking go to Chicago

I had that reaction at first, but it can't be all bad. At least it's not Detroit or New Orleans.

Let me say this. I really don't believe anyone would send me somewhere that I would get stabbed when I stepped out of the cab(i really, really hope this is true). And if it was just me, I'm cool with scary but harmless pranks. But you know what I'm getting at, I would prefer to stay in the more touristy places with the kids.

Last edited:

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
you dont know shit about this town if you are writing off half the city.

most of the shit is confined to specific neighborhoods (and there are several on the north side too).

I was paraphrasing Jim Croche man. We are all old enough to know who he is right?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I was paraphrasing Jim Croche man. We are all old enough to know who he is right?

i am familiar with who he is.

but i live on the south side and its pretty fucking safe here. thanks for insulting my home though.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Definitely pizza, not much of a dog eater, unless I'm at the stadium.excellent suggestion, any specific places?

I would have recommended the best pizza place in chicago, but it is on the south side in a very safe neighborhood.. :keke:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
There's no game shops worth visiting in this town that isn't going to rape you.

Plenty to see and do and eat.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol because all the crime is located near the tourist areas:spock:

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Watch out for cdamm packing heat.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There was an exact thread on this a few months ago. Where are you staying?

madman

I would have recommended the best pizza place in chicago, but it is on the south side in a very safe neighborhood.. :keke:

Cmon, there are plenty of great pizza places close to where I assume he's staying. Nobody with a wife and 2 kids is going to take an Uber to get pizza at a place 15 miles away.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Cmon, there are plenty of great pizza places close to where I assume he's staying. Nobody with a wife and 2 kids is going to take an Uber to get pizza at a place 15 miles away.

oh i'm aware, but discounting half the city + the recent thread on this was a perfect time for that sort of response.

edit: for the record, i would take an uber 15 miles out of my way for the right pie.

double edit: wrigley field is one of the most dangerous places in the city for a tourist as their fans are real shitbags in general. just sayin'.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I had that reaction at first, but I can't be all bad. At least it's not Detroit or New Orleans.

Really? Detroit and New Orleans are fucking awesome.

You should just stay at home bruh

madman

Wrigley Field one of the most dangerous areas for a tourist? Wtf? That must explain all the murders there I read about every weekend.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I had that reaction at first, but I can't be all bad. At least it's not Detroit ...

Detroit ain't that bad, pussy. It actually had less homicides than Chicago in the past 2 or 3 years.